Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Alec Chaimberlain And David Kerslake

Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:30 pm

Rumours doing the rounds that they will be joining Mackays backroom staff anyone else heard the same.

Re: Alec Chaimberlain And David Kerslake

Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:45 pm

is that the alex chamberlain who's son plays for southampton dai ?

Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:56 pm

the blue path wrote:is that the alex chamberlain who's son plays for southampton dai ?

No mate that's Mark chamberlain :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:57 pm

nobby since when were you a moderator? :lol: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:00 pm

the blue path wrote:is that the alex chamberlain who's son plays for southampton dai ?

Its Alec Chamberlain the Watford goalkeeping coach - bye Margetson and David Kerslake is Watfords first team coach so it seems bye Burton as well
I wouldn't mind betting Richard Collinge (Medical) and Daniel Harrod (Sports nutritionist) will follow ;)

Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:07 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:nobby since when were you a moderator? :lol: :ayatollah:

I will have you know that I am actually the longest serving moderator, but im the quiet one of the bunch but am always watching lol

Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:09 pm

nobby wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:nobby since when were you a moderator? :lol: :ayatollah:

I will have you know that I am actually the longest serving moderator, but im the quiet one of the bunch but am always watching lol

ive never noticed you were a mod :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:14 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
nobby wrote:

ive never noticed you were a mod :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

A lot goes on behind the scenes to keep this board in check, a lot goes unnoticed but big brother is always watching lol.

Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:16 pm

:lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:03 pm

nobby wrote:Rumours doing the rounds that they will be joining Mackays backroom staff anyone else heard the same.

:ayatollah:
The rumours I heard may well come true by the looks of it.

Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:15 pm

ihatealiens wrote:

Its Alec Chamberlain the Watford goalkeeping coach - bye Margetson and David Kerslake is Watfords first team coach so it seems bye Burton as well
I wouldn't mind betting Richard Collinge (Medical) and Daniel Harrod (Sports nutritionist) will follow ;)

Is there anyone left Malky's NOT taking? Dyche turned him down, so he was offered. Having already nicked Conway - one of our transfer targets - with Taylor probably making it 2, rumours about him going for some of our players, I'm beginning to wonder what the hell he's going to leave us with.

Please note our ground only has 3 sides, so Malky'd better not take one of them as well.....

Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:26 pm

anotherhornet wrote:
ihatealiens wrote:

Is there anyone left Malky's NOT taking? Dyche turned him down, so he was offered. Having already nicked Conway - one of our transfer targets - with Taylor probably making it 2, rumours about him going for some of our players, I'm beginning to wonder what the hell he's going to leave us with.

Please note our ground only has 3 sides, so Malky'd better not take one of them as well.....

I'm genuinely sort of gutted for Watford

It seems evident that Mackay has had big plans in his head for some time, he
knows where he wants to go, how he wants to get there. Cardiff City have
struck the jackpot here!! If he'd had the backing at Watford you'd have been
in the Premiership by now i reckon

Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:33 pm

Trust me, you're not as gutted as we are. It's bad enough to lose your manager, but to have him then come back with the intention of taking the majority of the backroom staff with him, along with transfer targets, is leaving a bit of a sour taste. Malky is losing a lot of respect among the Watford fans for what he's doing now. We've not heard a word from the man, and it's not like Watford ever treated him badly. The last thing we needed was to have a clear out of staff. We're broke, and football is all about the money - nothing else talks.

Oh well. I'm happy Dyche remained, but I'm not so happy if he loses the staff around him. Rats, sinking ship.

Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:23 pm

Got it fifty per cent right, weren't far off with my info. :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:26 pm

nobby wrote:Got it fifty per cent right, weren't far off with my info. :ayatollah:

Good 50% info nobby :ayatollah: :ayatollah: Good call :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:39 pm

anotherhornet wrote:Trust me, you're not as gutted as we are. It's bad enough to lose your manager, but to have him then come back with the intention of taking the majority of the backroom staff with him, along with transfer targets, is leaving a bit of a sour taste. Malky is losing a lot of respect among the Watford fans for what he's doing now. We've not heard a word from the man, and it's not like Watford ever treated him badly. The last thing we needed was to have a clear out of staff. We're broke, and football is all about the money - nothing else talks.

Oh well. I'm happy Dyche remained, but I'm not so happy if he loses the staff around him. Rats, sinking ship.

Whilst you the Watford fans didn't let him down, it may not be the same regarding the Watford board? Malky got you into a strong position last year but without investment in January you slipped down the table and he then lost Graham and Buckley to name 2 at the end of the season.
Also can you blame him for wanting his "team" working with him and if he identified targets are they Watford's or his?

Just asking the questions not wishing to rub your nose in .

I wish your club good luck next season except for the games involving Cardiff. :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:50 pm

billy ronson wrote:
anotherhornet wrote:Trust me, you're not as gutted as we are. It's bad enough to lose your manager, but to have him then come back with the intention of taking the majority of the backroom staff with him, along with transfer targets, is leaving a bit of a sour taste. Malky is losing a lot of respect among the Watford fans for what he's doing now. We've not heard a word from the man, and it's not like Watford ever treated him badly. The last thing we needed was to have a clear out of staff. We're broke, and football is all about the money - nothing else talks.

Whilst you the Watford fans didn't let him down, it may not be the same regarding the Watford board? Malky got you into a strong position last year but without investment in January you slipped down the table and he then lost Graham and Buckley to name 2 at the end of the season.
Also can you blame him for wanting his "team" working with him and if he identified targets are they Watford's or his?

Just asking the questions not wishing to rub your nose in .

I wish your club good luck next season except for the games involving Cardiff. :ayatollah:

The club were not in a position to invest in January, as the then owner was desperate to sell & was assessing bids. The takeover wasn't finalised until March, so not a lot the new bloke could do then. We were due to sign Andrew Taylor in the January window, and matched Middlesbrough's asking price. Mowbray didn't play ball, and Taylor stayed where he was. The loss of Graham was inevitable, as he wanted to play in the Premier League. Not bothered about Buckley.

I would suggest the targets identified were for Watford, as that was the club the team were looking to recruit for. I just hope we can get people in soon, our players returned to training today & we need to find new staff to replace these guys. Another hassle we could've done without.

Hey ho. More compensation money for us I suppose...... Just hope we nail everything else down to stop Malky taking anything more.

Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:31 am

nobby wrote:Got it fifty per cent right, weren't far off with my info. :ayatollah:

in my eyes david, you are THE man :P

Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:34 am

anotherhornet wrote:
ihatealiens wrote:

I still think Alec Chamberlain (Goalkeeping coach) and Daniel Harrod (Sports nutritionist) will follow in the coming weeks :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:50 am

Used to watch kerslake when he played for swindon when they were a tidy championship side. Decent player . Didnt realise he moved into mgt.

Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:43 pm

malky is a bluebird la la la :lol:

Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:52 pm

nobby wrote:

Dai, You certainly have been and are def the quietest, there the ones to watch, :lol: :ayatollah: