Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Would you ever wear a

Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:08 am

City shirt in Swansea town centre? :ayatollah:

Re: Would you ever wear a

Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:11 am

I always wear my City baseball cap when I am out and about be it Swansea, Port Talbot, Cardiff or wherever, dont wear my top very often not even for Cardiff games

Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:47 pm

Spent two weeks working in swansea town centre last year doing up a shop and I wore a city polo or a city tee shirt everyday, f**k em.

Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:54 pm

bluebirdsprem2012 wrote:City shirt in Swansea town centre? :ayatollah:

ive done it every time ive gone there :lol: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:58 pm

never been one for buying or wearing ccfc gear but have worn a ccfc badge on my jacket many times over there had a few funny looks but also pats on the back from fellow blues
have seen plenty of city tops over there over the years

Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:48 pm

no out of respect not fear! ... to me its a pointless thing to do!

Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:56 pm

Never Been to Scumsea other than football,why would you ,Refuse to give them any of my cash :D I haven't worn city top out other than work since 1993

Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:13 pm

Yes, why not?

Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:58 pm

Its unwise to wear anything over the value of £35 in Swansea.

Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:06 pm

I Wouldnt but my cousin wore a t shirt saying "watch out for the horses".
He wore it around Swansea in wind street on the piss.

Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:49 pm

Xcasual wrote:Never Been to Scumsea other than football,why would you ,Refuse to give them any of my cash :D I haven't worn city top out other than work since 1993

Agree with that 100% Image

Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:40 pm

I did and i got abused :( :(

Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:22 pm

bluebirdsprem2012 wrote:City shirt in Swansea town centre? :ayatollah:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: Yes already done so !!!!

Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:33 pm

Don't wear city tops but have always got my city hat on, they know me so all is ok, and those that don't, if they say anything, I'll batter them :lol:

Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:57 pm

AHERNE wrote:no out of respect not fear! ... to me its a pointless thing to do!

Exactly- good shout.
I spend quite a bit of time in cardiff as do my family/relations there- i never wear a swans top anyway but my son has all the kits, trackys etc and i would never put my boy in any danger.

He knows the score so does my misses. respect in a rivals place.

If someone wears cardiff stuff down here i would expect them to have shit or at least a slap, i see it as you're taking the piss so expect the consequences

anywhere else then wear it with pride.

Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:59 pm

colours wrote:

Exactly- good shout.
I spend quite a bit of time in cardiff as do my family/relations there- i never wear a swans top anyway but my son has all the kits, trackys etc and i would never put my boy in any danger.

If someone wears cardiff stuff down here i would expect them to have shit or at least a slap, i see it as you're taking the piss so expect the consequences

:o Thats just total bollox to be honest imo

Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:01 pm

thought it was gonna be..."would you ever wear a dress in public for a bet " or something like that :lol:

Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:05 pm

Wore mine in the ground when they played Yeovil at home a few years ago, i had free tickets off Jack friends to watch and won a £80 bet ,(£20 each from 4 i worked with) i thought to myself £80 was worth a smack in the mouth. As it happened all i got was abuse and a few threats and a nice little wind fall :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:52 pm

I wore a cardiff jumper to work in morriston hospital :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:31 am

Took my welsh flag with cardiff city on it for Wales games down there don't see problem also take it to wales games up in Wrexham.

Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:05 pm

Warren of Merthyr wrote:
colours wrote:

Exactly- good shout.

:o Thats just total bollox to be honest imo

warren why on earth would you want to bring unwanted attention to yourself and piss people off? ... at this moment in time you`d look a fool anyway with swansea in the premiership! ... lets be honest if you were in cardiff and saw a bloke with a swansea top on you`d think "what a tw*t!" ... well ive got news for you cause thats what they`d think of you too! except they`d point and laugh at you cause we are in a lower league! :arrow: :lol: :lol: :lol:
laughing-and-pointing.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:57 pm

Yep!! Have done....

They would do it to us....and to be fair, most of their people are rugbyites anyway, so all you tend to get is the odd look and a few gutless comments from the safety of a centrally-locked vehicle....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:00 pm

anywhere else then wear it with pride.[/quote]
:o Thats just total bollox to be honest imo[/quote]
warren why on earth would you want to bring unwanted attention to yourself and piss people off? ... at this moment in time you`d look a fool anyway with swansea in the premiership! ... lets be honest if you were in cardiff and saw a bloke with a swansea top on you`d think "what a tw*t!" ... well ive got news for you cause thats what they`d think of you too! except they`d point and laugh at you cause we are in a lower league! :arrow: :lol: :lol: :lol:
[/quote]

Sometimes it's purely about 'freedom' and (all joking aside) I think the people who would take it beyond the banter stage are sad in the extreme with 'issues' way beyond the game of football....

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:46 pm

Sven Ghali wrote:If someone wears cardiff stuff down here i would expect them to have shit or at least a slap, i see it as you're taking the piss so expect the consequences

:o Thats just total bollox to be honest imo[/quote]
[/quote]
Thats your opinion, but im sorry i have to disagree with you !!!! its the same as if a liverpool fan wore a liverpool shirt in Manchester nobody would give a shit apart from the odd idiot here and there but who cares. Whilst abroad aswell you see all types of shirts and imo walking in Swansea with a Cardiff shirt on is not that big a deal imo you get a few stares and thats it but who gives a toss. :ayatollah: wear the cardiff shirt with pride just cos the Jacks are in the prem doesnt mean i cant wear City shirt with pride as we are still the number 1 side in Wales !!! :ayatollah: and when i go abroad this year with my City shirts ill wear them with pride !!!! :ayatollah:

Sometimes it's purely about 'freedom' and (all joking aside) I think the people who would take it beyond the banter stage are sad in the extreme with 'issues' way beyond the game of football....

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:[/quote]