Re: This hearts player could be sacked

Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:26 pm

No fuckin chance, shockin :shock:

Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:30 pm

no.

Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:31 pm

Midfield general wrote:so if Goodwillie got found Guilty then whats the difference..?

1) rape of an older aged woman

2) indecency towards 2 young children.

rape and pedophilia are two different crimes entirely.

also, goodwillie will be found innocent so the argument is ridiculous.

Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:38 pm

Midfield general wrote:
Bloobirds101 wrote:
Midfield general wrote:so if Goodwillie got found Guilty then whats the difference..?

You dont know that Goodwillie will be innocent and they are both types of sex crimes

i dont want goodwillie either!

Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:44 pm

Midfield general wrote:
AHERNE wrote:i dont want goodwillie either!

I'm with you on this. I started this topic to test the water and it does seem that some are prepared to welcome goodwillie yet he isn't cleared of the charges yet wouldn't wlecome this guy. Double standards from some on here me thinks

If goodwille is guilty then i dont want him either

Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:41 pm

Midfield general wrote:
I'm with you on this. I started this topic to test the water and it does seem that some are prepared to welcome goodwillie yet he isn't cleared of the charges yet wouldn't wlecome this guy. Double standards from some on here me thinks

I don't think our club would want to go ahead and sign Goodie if there wasnt any truth in the "Goodwillie is innocent" claim IMHO
They know what they are doing, Have Faith.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:46 pm

Midfield general wrote:
Bloobirds101 wrote:

You dont know that Goodwillie will be innocent and they are both types of sex crimes

He'll be innocent. I know that. Also, you are the most pessimistic person ever on the internet. Also, just because its a sex crime, doesn't mean they are the same or should be punished the same. Completely different crimes which is why they go under different names.

Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:15 pm

Bloobirds101 wrote:He'll be innocent. I know that. Also, you are the most pessimistic person ever on the internet. Also, just because its a sex crime, doesn't mean they are the same or should be punished the same. Completely different crimes which is why they go under different names.

I thought such a self-professed member of the intelligentsia such as yourself would have realised what you're saying.

You are claiming as a fact he'll be innocent. You know full well you don't possess any tangible evidence other than rumour as to the chargers being dropped. You'll also know that under the Scottish system, there are three options - Guilty, Not Guilty and Not Proven.

You'll also know given the appallingly low conviction rate for rapes being found Not Guilty does not mean he is "innocent".

The case may go to court. It may not. He may be found guilty. He may be found not guilty. it may be not proven.

there's one fact tho. I don't know what the outcome would be, nobody does. Including yourself.

Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:17 pm

Bloobirds101 wrote:

They are both hideous crimes Chief and your statement is absurd

Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:19 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
Bloobirds101 wrote:

Indeed.

it's somewhat amusing he gets oh so moralistic on certain issues yet is exposed as utterly clueless on others.

Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:27 pm

At the end of the day he is innocent until proven otherwise. BUT, if he is found guilty of rape then in my eyes he should go to prison for a bloody long time!!! I don't think any of us can really make any statements though as non of us actually know the full facts. So until it either goes to court or get thrown out or whatever we cant really sign him in my opinion as it would be a huge risk!

And on the other points raised in this thread ok it may be worse to sexually abuse a child but to say that raping a women is a lesser crime is utter nonsense!!!! In my eyes anyone who does anything to a child or a woman should be locked up and throw away the key. They are some if the few things that I don't believe in rehabilitation for.

Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:32 pm

he should be in jail

Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:35 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
Bloobirds101 wrote:

No one is saying they're not hideous crimes but the fact is they are different crimes and incomparable. Also, every independent case is different in its own way. To compare them both is absurd.

Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:38 pm

nerd wrote:
Bloobirds101 wrote:He'll be innocent. I know that. Also, you are the most pessimistic person ever on the internet. Also, just because its a sex crime, doesn't mean they are the same or should be punished the same. Completely different crimes which is why they go under different names.

I thought such a self-professed member of the intelligentsia such as yourself would have realised what you're saying.

You are claiming as a fact he'll be innocent. You know full well you don't possess any tangible evidence other than rumour as to the chargers being dropped. You'll also know that under the Scottish system, there are three options - Guilty, Not Guilty and Not Proven.

You'll also know given the appallingly low conviction rate for rapes being found Not Guilty does not mean he is "innocent".

The case may go to court. It may not. He may be found guilty. He may be found not guilty. it may be not proven.

there's one fact tho. I don't know what the outcome would be, nobody does. Including yourself.

We all know that. However, taking everything into consideration, I think the chances of him being convicted are extremely low. Also, if hes cleared, hes innocent in the eyes of the law which is the only thing that matters.

Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:43 pm

Bloobirds101 wrote:
nerd wrote:

We all know that. However, taking everything into consideration, I think the chances of him being convicted are extremely low. Also, if hes cleared, hes innocent in the eyes of the law which is the only thing that matters.

Right - so it's what you *think* not what you know, hence stating 100% as you have done is silly.

If cleared, you're right. If it would be a result of Not Proven on the other hand...