Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Forum Camping Piss up. Another Nukes production

Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:24 pm

we can either stick with the wenallt and fight off the the doggers if they bother us or go with the 1 at hawthorn which is just passed taffs well if coming from cardiff or just after ponty if your coming from the valleys .
spoke to premier and he said the 1 at hawthorn would be ok as well for the kids. just have to find somewhere to park any cars if the gate is locked to get down the track. :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:35 pm

there is a carpark in front of the gates would hold about 5 cars but parking on th emain road opposite is not a problem

Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:35 pm

saddam wrote:we can either stick with the wenallt and fight off the the doggers if they bother us or go with the 1 at hawthorn which is just passed taffs well if coming from cardiff or just after ponty if your coming from the valleys .
spoke to premier and he said the 1 at hawthorn would be ok as well for the kids. just have to find somewhere to park any cars if the gate is locked to get down the track. :ayatollah:

we need to get the Cars close :ayatollah:. There will be plenty of us there so if we want to do Wenallt then we can soon move them on. Is the place clean ie no used Condoms needles ETC there ?

Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:36 pm

nukes it thinking mmmmm kids to bed then pop up the field to crack one off hahahaha

Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:39 pm

The Premier 1 wrote:nukes it thinking mmmmm kids to bed then pop up the field to crack one off hahahaha

Not with you and your camera about :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:59 pm

i dont mind which 1 we choose as a venue.
when i had a look i didnt notice any used needles or condoms but then i wasn't aware of the after hours events :lol:
if it is the wenallt and anyone dissappears when going for a piss it will be safe to assume where abouts they are :o

Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:50 pm

saddam wrote:i dont mind which 1 we choose as a venue.
when i had a look i didnt notice any used needles or condoms but then i wasn't aware of the after hours events :lol:
if it is the wenallt and anyone dissappears when going for a piss it will be safe to assume where abouts they are :o

Its where we can get the cars close Chief. Saddam you seem to know both sites so we will go by which ever you choose. Make a decision on one and that is the one we shall go with. Then lets get names and do it. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:05 am

ok then lets go with the Hawthorn 1,never actually camped there but from what i have seen it is as good as place as any flat ground. field for ball games,river. and will be safer for the kids with no chance of them seeing anything they shouldn't :shock:
will see if i can pop up there and have a proper look before the weekend. unless premier can pop along with his camera and take a few shots to show us?

Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:39 am

will try and remember to pop up tonight, was only 200 yrds from it last night and didnt have a camera :(

the entrance to the field is opposite the enterprise car rentals and next to a new block of offices.

there maybe a way of taking the cars all the way down tot he camp spot by going through hawthorn school i will check that tonight too.

will also check if that last bit is legal hahahahahaha

as i said in previous post there will be enugh room for 4-5 cars in the entrance, but parking is allowed on the main rd infront of the entrance.

or we could just take a bolt cutter n cut the chain hahahahahahahahahahaha

Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:47 am

Wicked - I am in and it's my wedding anniversary but the Mrs has given me the night off :ayatollah: :ayatollah: Unless I bring her,- Or is it strickly for Men and Boys?? I know Placid was think of bringning his Daughter and Mrs :P

Lets hope it dont rain :( :(

Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:09 am

Open to anyone Chief. Daughters, Wives. This production is a non discrimination event. I think :lol:

Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:36 am

Nuclearblue wrote:Open to anyone Chief. Daughters, Wives. This production is a non discrimination event. I think :lol:

too true nukes

my daughter wont let me come without her :lol:

Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:54 pm

right, been for a rekkie and the parking front, at the entrance is not good (council sign saying no parking access neede dfor emergency veichles)
you can get three cars max but it is not an issue as you can park on the road or for the sake of 30 yards park in a side street, so drop all your gear at the gate and then park the car up.
as for the walk to the camp area,
i just timed it and it took 95 seconds to walk to the top of the ramp. i have taken photos and will link them shortly, tesco's upper boat is within a 5 minute walk, and your between the upper boat pub and the hawthorn pub if we run low :)
as i was walking back to the car
i looked into the little stream thats there, and there was a mummy duck with 5 little babies :)
so your call guys

Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:08 pm

there we go
from the turn off sign shown in the slideshow on the A470 to the barrier takes approx 3 mins :D

http://img4.imageshack.us/slideshow/pla ... 34tj1.smil

Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:32 pm

quality pics again andrew.
looks good and has ample room for us all. no worries about the cars as you say we can drop the tents and stuff off and then park em up. cheers fella for doing the rekkie :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:06 pm

Yes it looks tidy enough, but i got a phobia of ducks... do they have to be there? can i bring my pump action? ;) should be a screamer...nice recce mate, oppossed to Rekkie.... ;) :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:18 pm

done this too

was wrong on my estimate on time from sign to barrier :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IfZtqOeMDk

1:21 seconds :D

dont forget the kettle so i can have my recce brek in the morning :lol:

Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:18 pm

Any one got access to a big BBQ ? i have one but unless someone has a van then i cant trasport it.

Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:26 pm

will ask around about a bar b q not got 1 myself as mine is a brick 1 cemented out the back .
where abouts are you nukes?
Last edited by saddam on Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:27 pm

nope. got a shed load of charcoal though

did the link work ?

if it didnt
off at the rhydefelin turning on the A470
4th exit off the roundabout (behind the upper boat pub)
straight on for 1/2 mile, new set of offices on left hand side
turning is directly after them for the barrier.
through the barrier straight on 100 yrds onto the river bank.

Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:30 pm

The Premier 1 wrote:nope. got a shed load of charcoal though

did the link work ?

if it didnt

yes mate it worked. you would have made it in 1;15 if that car didn't pull out on the roundabout :lol:

Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:39 pm

The Premier 1 wrote:nope. got a shed load of charcoal though

did the link work ?

if it didnt

Worked superb Chief :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:47 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Any one got access to a big BBQ ? i have one but unless someone has a van then i cant trasport it.

I've got a open back transit tipper if you need anything mate, won't be able to attend (kidneys need a rest). But would pop down and help if you need... :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:50 pm

Marc wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:Any one got access to a big BBQ ? i have one but unless someone has a van then i cant trasport it.

I've got a open back transit tipper if you need anything mate, won't be able to attend (kidneys need a rest). But would pop down and help if you need... :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

nice 1 Marc that would be great if you could help out in transporting it. means we will all get to eat as well :lol: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:50 pm

Marc wrote:

an transport one up

If no one else can do it then that would be sound Chief. And i thought you give your Liver a rest not your Kidneys :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:52 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
Marc wrote:

an transport one up

If no one else can do it then that would be sound Chief. And i thought you give your Liver a rest not your Kidneys :lol: :lol: :lol:

You haven't seen the bird I've been scuttling, every major organ needs a rest except my cock. :?

Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:12 pm

an transport one up
I've got a open back transit tipper if you need anything mate, won't be able to attend (kidneys need a rest). But would pop down and help if you need... :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:[/quote]
If no one else can do it then that would be sound Chief. And i thought you give your Liver a rest not your Kidneys :lol: :lol: :lol: [/quote]

You haven't seen the bird I've been scuttling, every major organ needs a rest except my cock. :?[/quote]
I have on XHamster :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:08 pm

I have a kettle bbq you can borrow if you can pick it up from me. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:25 pm

splottbluebird48 wrote:I have a kettle bbq you can borrow if you can pick it up from me. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Cheers Chief but the problem lies fitting it in the Car :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: Marc should be able to help :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:41 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
splottbluebird48 wrote:I have a kettle bbq you can borrow if you can pick it up from me. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Cheers Chief but the problem lies fitting it in the Car :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: Marc should be able to help :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

can marc drop me off 8 tonnes of sand as well please :D :D :ayatollah: