Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Forum Camping Piss up. Another Nukes production

Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:38 pm

I know these Forum Piss ups are becoming a all to common thing these days but this one could be one of the best. Dreamt up by Saddam and Myself.
Finding somewhere that we can Camp out build a camp fire the kids will love that,and the Adults :lol: have a Piss up and this time bring the Kids along as well. The Kids will love finding the fire wood, Bring a Football,And a Bat and ball for rounders or Cricket ETC. kids of all ages would be welcome and it would be a great Day/Night. This would be during the summer Holidays.
Would any one have any ideas where we can do this ? somewhere we can have a camp fire is a must.
If any one interested please please state, and say if you have any other ideas that can make it a better Forum piss up Image

Re: Forum Camping Piss up. Another Nukes production

Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:42 pm

Fantasy lounge, kids not welcome :D

Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:11 pm

Well up for it as i said me n my 2 boys will turn up. might have an idea for a spot on the outskirts of Cardiff. nice big open field for the kids to play and the younger 1's can join in also :lol: . last time i visited it about 10 of us stayed there had a fire with no problems. car park very close to keep an eye on the vehicles overnight. will pop up there tommorrow or tuesday and check that it is still accesable and get back to you. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:12 pm

saddam wrote:Well up for it as i said me n my 2 boys will turn up. might have an idea for a spot on the outskirts of Cardiff. nice big open field for the kids to play and the younger 1's can join in also :lol: . last time i visited it about 10 of us stayed there had a fire with no problems. car park very close to keep an eye on the vehicles overnight. will pop up there tommorrow or tuesday and check that it is still accesable and get back to you. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tops Chief :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:23 pm

Camping in the valleys is a must for any Deliverance fan :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:24 pm

The gower is a nice spot for camping, could venture in to swansea if supplies run low

Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:43 pm

NinianParkWasMyWife wrote:The gower is a nice spot for camping, could venture in to swansea if supplies run low

used to camp in the field at the top end of the carpark down caswell bay,day on the beach then back up to set up the tents fire and bar-b-q. would have suggested here as its still a good site to use overnight but wasn't sure how far people wanted to travel.

Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:47 pm

Wont take long to get there Chief. We might get some of those Jacks on here with us !! FIGHT !!!!!

Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:52 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Wont take long to get there Chief. We might get some of those Jacks on here with us !! FIGHT !!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: now that would be 1 of the best forum piss ups. would be talked about for a while :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:54 pm

saddam wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:Wont take long to get there Chief. We might get some of those Jacks on here with us !! FIGHT !!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: now that would be 1 of the best forum piss ups. would be talked about for a while :ayatollah:

WE WILL SOON SEE WHO SINKS AND WHO SWIMS :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:56 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
saddam wrote:

WE WILL SOON SEE WHO SINKS AND WHO SWIMS :lol: :lol: :lol:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:53 pm

Steve, The Fryer's are in :ayatollah: :ayatollah: set it bro!

Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:44 am

All sounds a bit :3some: :pottytrain2: :D

Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:47 am

Dafydd wrote:All sounds a bit :3some: :pottytrain2: :D

For that reason I knew you would be interested :lol:

Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:07 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
Dafydd wrote:All sounds a bit :3some: :pottytrain2: :D

For that reason I knew you would be interested :lol:

:lol: Surprised Milly wasn't the first one on here trying to sign up

Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:25 pm

A word of warning everyone, this is what happened last time Nuke's organised a camping trip. Was for the South West Terror Squad back in day when he lived in this part of the world. Famous last words "Kids, go and find some firewood!!!"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:24 pm

"Steve, BBQ's ready" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:44 pm

i know a place, again its if you want to travel a bit, its out by abergavenny
about a mile down the lanes behind this place

http://www.skirridmountaininn.co.uk/

visited by the most haunted tv series and well worth a pint to look around, used to be a court house as well as a pub. there are rope marks in the bannister from the hangings they did there.

just a field, next to a little stream, 1 portcabin with cold water sink and toilet
and you can have camp fires there, took my chloe some years back she loved it.
last time i went it was £5
gets quite full with hippy types and people wanting to feel the great outdoors :lol:
never been there and not had a guitar or music playing all night :D

its 18 miles from hereford and 5 miles from abergavenny in a village called LLanvihangel
there is a pub just above the field called the queens head, 0873890241 i think he might be the one who owns the field too. they do morning coffee's pony trekking and just a few miles down the road is this place well worth a visit if only to go into the cloysters and sample a pint :)
http://www.castlewales.com/llantho.html

two words of warning though
1- mobiles wont work down in the site you have to get out of the valley to get a signal
2- you will have to take your own wood as you wont find a twig around, the place has been picked clean, trust me.

map shows where the site is in the lanes, bottom half o fthe field is flat inside the black lines

By bluebirdnips at 2011-06-27

anywhere you pick my daughter would love to go and me :D

Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:35 pm

I'm in, just give me time and date

Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:42 pm

i know a place in north cardiff,very popular for dogging,so i guess its handy if you want to bring the pet :D :D :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:50 pm

krab wrote:i know a place in north cardiff,very popular for dogging,so i guess its handy if you want to bring the pet :D :D :ayatollah:

already some interest in the camping pissup, i think if we go with that type of venue it might become very popular ;) :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:45 pm

why friggin not !!

South West Terror squad does carry on camping !

Oh Stop it!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:52 pm

tauntonbluebird wrote:A word of warning everyone, this is what happened last time Nuke's organised a camping trip. Was for the South West Terror Squad back in day when he lived in this part of the world. Famous last words "Kids, go and find some firewood!!!"

:lol: :lol: Come home to a REAL fire :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:52 pm

The Premier 1 wrote:i know a place, again its if you want to travel a bit, its out by abergavenny
about a mile down the lanes behind this place

http://www.skirridmountaininn.co.uk/

visited by the most haunted tv series and well worth a pint to look around, used to be a court house as well as a pub. there are rope marks in the bannister from the hangings they did there.

just a field, next to a little stream, 1 portcabin with cold water sink and toilet
and you can have camp fires there, took my chloe some years back she loved it.
last time i went it was £5
gets quite full with hippy types and people wanting to feel the great outdoors :lol:
never been there and not had a guitar or music playing all night :D

its 18 miles from hereford and 5 miles from abergavenny in a village called LLanvihangel
there is a pub just above the field called the queens head, 0873890241 i think he might be the one who owns the field too. they do morning coffee's pony trekking and just a few miles down the road is this place well worth a visit if only to go into the cloysters and sample a pint :)
http://www.castlewales.com/llantho.html

two words of warning though
1- mobiles wont work down in the site you have to get out of the valley to get a signal
2- you will have to take your own wood as you wont find a twig around, the place has been picked clean, trust me.

map shows where the site is in the lanes, bottom half o fthe field is flat inside the black lines

By bluebirdnips at 2011-06-27

anywhere you pick my daughter would love to go and me :D

That looks good Chief :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:54 pm

placid-casual wrote:why friggin not !!

South West Terror squad does carry on camping !

Oh Stop it!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I am sure we can get Claire to reenact that Bra snapping scene that Barbara Windsor did Jules :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:57 pm

saddam wrote:
krab wrote:i know a place in north cardiff,very popular for dogging,so i guess its handy if you want to bring the pet :D :D :ayatollah:

already some interest in the camping pissup, i think if we go with that type of venue it might become very popular ;) :ayatollah:

Starting to get some venues together Chief. And some names are coming through. This will be the best Forum piss up EVER !![color=#FF0000][/color]

Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:35 pm

you could try here nukes, they have a camp site but shut it down to the public, but they do open for events and gatherings,
they have a pub a park and a pool,
no dogs alllowed though
the camp field is big has a fair size toilet cubical with showers, im not sure about camp fires
you may have to check with them, but if the fields not used every day im sure 1 fire in an agreed place would grow over prety soon

theres a little path that takes you down to the rocky beach, no good for swimming, tides a ripper there,
ok for the fishermen though
pretty dam close too, you can almost see the ground from a high spot lol

http://www.lavernockpoint.com/

site on : 029 2070 7310

Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:52 pm

ok if Interested Please keep adding your names on this post just keep adding.
Nukes
Saddam
Cardiffcityculture
placid casuasl
Fishy
The Premiere

Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:21 am

pull your finger out the nukes, my camera is loaded n ready to go. :D

sort the venue and watch the names come in.

as they say " Build it and they will come" :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:33 am

The Premier 1 wrote:pull your finger out the nukes, my camera is loaded n ready to go. :D

sort the venue and watch the names come in.

as they say " Build it and they will come" :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Early stages yet. Just trying to get potential sites. Waiting on other potential sites that are being looked into, and we will get this thing moving. I will look into the ones you have given see whats a goer and what isnt. :ayatollah: