Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Forum Camping Piss up. Another Nukes production

Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:08 am

count me in chief :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:46 am

Nuclearblue wrote:ok if Interested Please keep adding your names on this post just keep adding.
Nukes
Saddam
Cardiffcityculture
placid casuasl
Fishy
The Premiere
Milly

Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:05 pm

Sorry chief but you will be pleased to hear that I am officially off the beer for a few months as I want to get back into running/fitness :oops:

Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:13 pm

The Premier 1 wrote:you could try here nukes, they have a camp site but shut it down to the public, but they do open for events and gatherings,
they have a pub a park and a pool,
no dogs alllowed though
the camp field is big has a fair size toilet cubical with showers, im not sure about camp fires
you may have to check with them, but if the fields not used every day im sure 1 fire in an agreed place would grow over prety soon

theres a little path that takes you down to the rocky beach, no good for swimming, tides a ripper there,
ok for the fishermen though
pretty dam close too, you can almost see the ground from a high spot lol

http://www.lavernockpoint.com/

site on : 029 2070 7310

had a look at here and it looks gd if we can persuade them to open for us and agree to a small fire ;) . a pub on site which i'm sure would benefit from having us there :D
aint had chance to go look at the field i mentioned but will check it out b4 the end of the week. :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:35 pm

well done darren :)

Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:22 pm

bloody hell, not sure what to think about this idea :lol:

Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:59 pm

Lavernock Point !! lol we from sully used to terrorise the Caravan and camping lot there all summer !

Mostly Brummies and loons from Newport (No offence Milly) lol

If we go lets cause havoc! :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:31 pm

My folks took me to Fontygary for a fortnight in the 1950's once, scarred me for life. :old: :oops:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:17 am

sent an e-mail to the site at lavernock point asking if they would be willing to have us :lol:
will let you know if i get a response :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:21 am

count me in aswell :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:12 am

Nuclearblue wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:ok if Interested Please keep adding your names on this post just keep adding.
Nukes
Saddam
Cardiffcityculture
placid casuasl
Fishy
The Premiere
Milly
Adam price

Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:42 pm

saddam wrote:sent an e-mail to the site at lavernock point asking if they would be willing to have us :lol:
will let you know if i get a response :ayatollah:

had a reply and they said no :o
apparentley they only use the campsite now if there is a major event happening in the millenium or some where similar and you have to have a valid ticket for the said event.
that counts out lavernock :lol:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:54 pm

Bugger, we have to get this sorted, will be one he'll of a night!! Be like an illegal rave from the 90's!!

Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:01 pm

CardiffCityCulture wrote:Bugger, we have to get this sorted, will be one he'll of a night!! Be like an illegal rave from the 90's!!

We will sort it Pete :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:09 pm

looks like we will end up in a field with no facilities(toilet/shower block) makes a much better experience that way as you will only have the bare essentials to get through and a few bushes which we could designate as our makeshift facilities :lol:
as long as its big enough to accomodate us and there is plenty of fire wood from nearby who cares where we stay. :ayatollah:
still going to check on that field up the Wenallt near rhiwbina which would be fine imo.

Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:11 pm

saddam wrote:looks like we will end up in a field with no facilities(toilet/shower block) makes a much better experience that way as you will only have the bare essentials to get through and a few bushes which we could designate as our makeshift facilities :lol:
as long as its big enough to accomodate us and there is plenty of fire wood from nearby who cares where we stay. :ayatollah:

Quite right will make a few enquires around by me. Between us we should find somewhere. There is always Gelligaer Common ? We'd be alright up there :lol:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:24 pm

Yeah, let's make it Bear Grylls stylie, ie living off the land :lol:

Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:14 am

I managed to go and have a look at the field yesterday which is on the Wenallt near Rhiwbina. looks like it would be ideal for us to use as its a very large area,car park right next to it,2 picnic tables and a very large woodland surronding it(plenty of fire wood).
if you go on Google maps put in wenallt road and it is on there just under a mile into the lanes. it shows the field and carpark if any1 wants to take a look. look out for a car parked in the lane with a woman standing beside it and the field is behind her and the car park about 50 yards further up. :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:29 am

saddam wrote:I managed to go and have a look at the field yesterday which is on the Wenallt near Rhiwbina. looks like it would be ideal for us to use as its a very large area,car park right next to it,2 picnic tables and a very large woodland surronding it(plenty of fire wood).
if you go on Google maps put in wenallt road and it is on there just under a mile into the lanes. it shows the field and carpark if any1 wants to take a look. look out for a car parked in the lane with a woman standing beside it and the field is behind her and the car park about 50 yards further up. :ayatollah:

Will have a look Chief sounds promising. Who owns the land ?

Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:38 am

its just an open field so i guess the council do as there are proper nature walk paths through the woods with info on what u might find. i've stayed there b4 with no problems and when i had a look yesterday there was evidence of 2 recent camp fires in the field. so as long as we keep the fire safe there shouldn't be ne problems with an overnight stay :D

Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:43 am

Sounds ideal lads, will check out Goggle now :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:10 am

Checked Google and looks fab. Thanks Saddam we may of well found ourselves a location. If we all agree we can start to organise this outing. Any preferred dates or Month? We won't please all so if we can agree a date Saddam then lets just put one up and get the ball rolling. Other sites how about the Brecon beacons ? Is a poss as well. but lets make a decision and go for it :ayatollah: :ayatollah: Top work mate

Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:24 am

Nuclearblue wrote:Checked Google and looks fab. Thanks Saddam we may of well found ourselves a location. If we all agree we can start to organise this outing. Any preferred dates or Month? We won't please all so if we can agree a date Saddam then lets just put one up and get the ball rolling. Other sites how about the Brecon beacons ? Is a poss as well. but lets make a decision and go for it :ayatollah: :ayatollah: Top work mate

i'm available whenever and not bothered about when we go. how about we say somewhere round the 3rd week of july just before the football starts back up. that gives us 3 weeks from now at least. looking forward to it and hope we get some weather like we got now. 8-)
i will be there with my 2 boys and probally a few of the older 1's mates will come along as well. :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:30 am

saddam wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:Checked Google and looks fab. Thanks Saddam we may of well found ourselves a location. If we all agree we can start to organise this outing. Any preferred dates or Month? We won't please all so if we can agree a date Saddam then lets just put one up and get the ball rolling. Other sites how about the Brecon beacons ? Is a poss as well. but lets make a decision and go for it :ayatollah: :ayatollah: Top work mate

i'm available whenever and not bothered about when we go. how about we say somewhere round the 3rd week of july just before the football starts back up. that gives us 3 weeks from now at least. looking forward to it and hope we get some weather like we got now. 8-)
i will be there with my 2 boys and probally a few of the older 1's mates will come along as well. :ayatollah:

That sounds great 23rd out for me as Regan is doing his Black belt grading on that day :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:41 pm

Steve I can do anytime :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:22 pm

count me and my 2 boys in wherever whenever as long as its a saturday.

Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:25 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:
Nukes
Saddam
Cardiffcityculture
placid casuasl
Fishy
The Premiere
Milly
Adam price
CCFC bluebird

Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:27 pm

Will get this on soon lads venue sorted. Just bring a tent Booze, has any one got a large BBQ i have one but don't have a van to transport it. Between us we need to bring stuff for the Barby and food and lots and lots of Tinnies :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:38 pm

ccfcbluebird wrote:count me and my 2 boys in wherever whenever as long as its a saturday.

Nukes can't do the 23rd so what if we say the week before on the saturday? as long as everyone is happy with that?
loads of booze food on the bar-b-q bat and ball to entertain the kids sounds the plan. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:42 pm

sounds smart lets kill some local wildlife like a cow and lob that on the old fire, all Primevil like.

teach the kids about living off the land etc. educational plus a major piss up.

:D