Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

whats the point?

Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:02 pm

Of the protest! 20k attendance 200 fans turn up to protest sums it up.

What is Ridsdale being paid for? To take the brunt of the fans abuse! So Borley Guy and co don't have to! I am happy for Ridsdale to stay until his "Job" is completed! I was happy to have the 5 year price freeze whether the money was used for transfers or to pay bills I would have still signed up even if I was told that it was just for a 5 year season ticket on it's own and so are other fans I doubt there will be many of you who signed up on the aim that 3 million would be given to Jonesy.

On a positive note nice to see us score a last minute winner again!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: whats the point?

Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:09 pm

So your point is basically that lies made by the Chairman of the club who has an incredibly chequered history are of course totally irrelevant. Sacrificing long term income streams to pay debts he created is totally irrelevant.

Your ST price of course is frozen for 5 years. That's the only relevant point, I assume?

Of course, should administration happen, you can congratulate yourself at the prospect of lower division football. But hey, your ST price will be frozen for that period.

If the majority of fans have your "I'm alright, sod the club" view, then that explains why Ridsdale is still in football after Leeds and Barnsley. It also means you get the club you deserve.

Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:14 pm

And the fact that the protest was pointless along with the fact that ridsdale has always been the person who takes the abuse from fans so the rest of the board can sit back and smoke there cigars while Ridsdale getting the abuse it's not just ridsdales fault if anything it's the rest of the board at fault too so your protest should be board out not ridsdale out

Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:22 pm

The board?

Ah, yes, the board staffed with Ridsdale appointments - Harris et al. Good one.

"Out with Ridsdale and those anonymous people we can't really name as we don't know them and are unable to read the match programme. Oh, and that Tien Ghee director, even though COmpanies House has no record of his appointment".

Could try singing that, but it's not very catchy, doesn't scan and people will forget the words; although Eminem may do a good job with those lyrics.

Still, if you're happy because you're all right financially with the price freeze, then I doubt any protest will tickle your fancy. Care to blast the Trust for forcing an EGM, too?

Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:32 pm

Ever heard the chant board out? Man Utd did it Leeds did it! Simple and effective so you think Borley and Guy are innocent in this? Just because Borley posts on here and he's Cardiff through and through!

I am happy with the price freeze but the point is the money was to be used for transfers but if were honest how would buying players help with our bills which it is now being used for better than ridsdale (actually the board) buying players and having no chance of paying the bills

Ridsdale has done wrong but equally have the board so if your going to criticize him then criticize the board too!

Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:40 pm

If you were at the demo, you would have heard us sing 'sack the board'

Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:40 pm

danny_price wrote:Ever heard the chant board out? Man Utd did it Leeds did it! Simple and effective so you think Borley and Guy are innocent in this? Just because Borley posts on here and he's Cardiff through and through!

I am happy with the price freeze but the point is the money was to be used for transfers but if were honest how would buying players help with our bills which it is now being used for better than ridsdale (actually the board) buying players and having no chance of paying the bills

Ridsdale has done wrong but equally have the board so if your going to criticize him then criticize the board too!

Is Guy a board member? Really?

Borley is but one member. Funnily enough, he might actually get outvoted by those directors appointed by Ridsdale.

You're not getting the point about the ST prices. It's not about getting more players in - it's about the fact Ridsdale cynically misrepresented the whole damn thing! If he'd said up front, "we've immediate debts that need paying, please buy STs now" people of course wouldn't be happy, but they'd know the truth.

Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:41 pm

the board or risdale mates can afford to smoke cigars bcus the chairman ok there high salary
and if he cant take the abuse he can f**k off he quick enough saying in the press that he should be applauded for his latest deal for the club but moans about the abuse from the fans bcus of his lies and arrogance the fat prick

Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:45 pm

but weren't the rest of the songs directed at ridsdale? Which I think is wrong despite me being the only Ridsdale in person on this board everyone is against him because you are so blind wearing Borley and Guy are god they love our club no they f*cking don't they are also in it for the money! Ridsdale doesn't handle money he is there to make statements that the board themselves don't want to make like we cannot pay hmrc

Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:47 pm

nerd wrote:
danny_price wrote:Ever heard the chant board out? Man Utd did it Leeds did it! Simple and effective so you think Borley and Guy are innocent in this? Just because Borley posts on here and he's Cardiff through and through!

Is Guy a board member? Really?

Borley is but one member. Funnily enough, he might actually get outvoted by those directors appointed by Ridsdale.

You're not getting the point about the ST prices. It's not about getting more players in - it's about the fact Ridsdale cynically misrepresented the whole damn thing! If he'd said up front, "we've immediate debts that need paying, please buy STs now" people of course wouldn't be happy, but they'd know the truth.

Nail on head IMO. I was at the demo and as one of my rights as a british citizen i aired my views...think of me what you will for singing and even starting some chants about something im not happy with i couldnt care less.

Honesty is usually the best policy.

Sack the BOARD!

Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:48 pm

danny_price wrote:but weren't the rest of the songs directed at ridsdale? Which I think is wrong despite me being the only Ridsdale in person on this board everyone is against him because you are so blind wearing Borley and Guy are god they love our club no they f*cking don't they are also in it for the money! Ridsdale doesn't handle money he is there to make statements that the board themselves don't want to make like we cannot pay hmrc

you have a poin, pr is paid to take the flak, but to me i think all the board needs to go, too many lies

Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:49 pm

Just like Ridsdale said he has learnt from his mistakes. He could have said We're buying 4 new players and got us into huge debts again just like what happened before with Sam at the helm and what happened when he was at Leeds but he has clearly learnt his lesson at the expense of getting the fans on his back when it was a board thing about the season tickets

Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:51 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:
danny_price wrote:but weren't the rest of the songs directed at ridsdale? Which I think is wrong despite me being the only Ridsdale in person on this board everyone is against him because you are so blind wearing Borley and Guy are god they love our club no they f*cking don't they are also in it for the money! Ridsdale doesn't handle money he is there to make statements that the board themselves don't want to make like we cannot pay hmrc

you have a poin, pr is paid to take the flak, but to me i think all the board needs to go, too many lies

My point exactly the whole board to go now or wait till the takeover that could or could not happen and then the whole board leaves

Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:55 pm

They closed ranks they should all go.

Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:57 pm

Yes, it's the board. Not Ridsdale. Ridsdale doesn't handle any of the money or indeed decisions about money. He never deals with agents with regards to player contracts or transfers, ever.

After all, Ridsdale has never stated he prefers to pay high wages over high transfer fees. No, never.

It was no doubt the Leeds board at fault. It was no doubt the Barnsley board at fault. Now, it's clearly our board fully at fault.

Peter is just a highly unlucky man with regards to the boards he chairs then, I guess.

Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:00 pm

NinianSHEEP wrote:They closed ranks they should all go.

Thank you not just ridsdale all of them. Happy to sing board out but will not single out ridsdale for doing his job! His job when he took it probably went like this.

Board: Peter come in were looking for someone to take the flak and attend press conferences which mean giving out terrible news to out to our fans which means you will come under fire! Since you did the same jobs at Leeds you are our prime candidate. You will be earning mega bucks so WE can sit back and relax and watch our fans with sunglasses on (which is most) blame you and soley you!

PR: I accept

Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:09 pm

danny_price wrote:
NinianSHEEP wrote:They closed ranks they should all go.

Thank you not just ridsdale all of them. Happy to sing board out but will not single out ridsdale for doing his job! His job when he took it probably went like this.

Board: Peter come in were looking for someone to take the flak and attend press conferences which mean giving out terrible news to out to our fans which means you will come under fire! Since you did the same jobs at Leeds you are our prime candidate. You will be earning mega bucks so WE can sit back and relax and watch our fans with sunglasses on (which is most) blame you and soley you!

PR: I accept

You see, you appear to be in denial despite people attempting to enlighten you. That's your perogative.

Now, assuming your "scenario" about the EVIL board using poor Peter was correct, you've missed out a simple logical flaw which proves your view to be incorrect.

Compare the board makeup when Ridsdale arrived with the current list of directors.

I think you'll find the current board is now full with Ridsdale appointments, people like Harris.

So, that EVIL board using poor Peter is in fact gone and replaced with a large number of Ridsdale puppets.

Ooops.

Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:14 pm

Well the board when he arrived had to accept his "Mates" as you call them.

You say that I won't listen but neither will you Don't think Ridsdales innocent but the rest of the board aren't either which as you will see Borley is a main part of that! Borley in most Cardiff city fans eyes is He's a Cardiff fan so he must be our savior he would never do anything behind our back oh don't blame borley blame ridsdale instead

Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:28 pm

the protest would have been a lot better and more effective if a lot more fans could have been arse to show up instead of pissing off straight after the game! we had a 20k attendance and only about 200 showed up, where the f**k did everyone go?

Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:31 pm

bloobird_james wrote:the protest would have been a lot better and more effective if a lot more fans could have been arse to show up instead of pissing off straight after the game! we had a 20k attendance and only about 200 showed up, where the f**k did everyone go?

Home because this protest was everywhere? No it was only on this messageboard! Facebook? yes but no one ever reads those just joins them. you need to have an official protest possibly a march?

Said it all really how many fans really wanted a protest 1% out of the whole attendance

Credit to Jay telling the Planks in the stadium to pull the flag down at full time

Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:44 pm

danny_price wrote:
bloobird_james wrote:the protest would have been a lot better and more effective if a lot more fans could have been arse to show up instead of pissing off straight after the game! we had a 20k attendance and only about 200 showed up, where the f**k did everyone go?

Home because this protest was everywhere? No it was only on this messageboard! Facebook? yes but no one ever reads those just joins them. you need to have an official protest possibly a march?

Said it all really how many fans really wanted a protest 1% out of the whole attendance

Credit to Jay telling the Planks in the stadium to pull the flag down at full time

were you there?

Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:49 pm

bloobird_james wrote:
danny_price wrote:

were you there?

Nope didn't need to be there was 200 fans at the protest got various sources from it! E.g this board claims 200-250 which works out at just over 1% the planks who brought that flag were told to keep it down till outside. Just from seeing pictures and videos makes me glad i didn't even stay to watch because it was a good 100 little kids looking like chavs hoping it was going to kick off just bouncing up and down bunch of idiots in my opinion didn't mind you lot having the protest but the amount of people turning up was a joke and the people that turned up acting like idiots makes me think was it all worth it? :lol:

Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:54 pm

Credit to Jay telling the Planks in the stadium to pull the flag down at full time[/quote]
were you there?[/quote]

Nope didn't need to be there was 200 fans at the protest got various sources from it! E.g this board claims 200-250 which works out at just over 1% the planks who brought that flag were told to keep it down till outside. Just from seeing pictures and videos makes me glad i didn't even stay to watch because it was a good 100 little kids looking like chavs hoping it was going to kick off just bouncing up and down bunch of idiots in my opinion didn't mind you lot having the protest but the amount of people turning up was a joke and the people that turned up acting like idiots makes me think was it all worth it? :lol:[/quote]

Sorry danny mate but you have crossed the line if u want to call me anything say to my face. send me a pm and il send u my seat number.
Last edited by NinianSHEEP on Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:56 pm

maybe it was a joke cos wankers like you didn't give a f**k, every person counts and if we all had your mentality then no one would have been there! anyway, i was there and well done to everyone who did turn up

Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:00 pm

bloobird_james wrote:maybe it was a joke cos wankers like you didn't give a f**k, every person counts and if we all had your mentality then no one would have been there! anyway, i was there and well done to everyone who did turn up

I wouldn't have turned up and won't until everyone changes there attitude to board out rather than Ridsdale out happy to sing board out but won't single him out as board are at fault too

Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:02 pm

bloobird_james wrote:maybe it was a joke cos wankers like you didn't give a f**k, every person counts and if we all had your mentality then no one would have been there! anyway, i was there and well done to everyone who did turn up

I was there i aired my views vocally. I couldnt give a flying frogs fat arse what anybody thinks.

CITY TILL I DIE!!!!!!!

Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:15 pm

danny_price wrote:Well the board when he arrived had to accept his "Mates" as you call them.

You say that I won't listen but neither will you Don't think Ridsdales innocent but the rest of the board aren't either which as you will see Borley is a main part of that! Borley in most Cardiff city fans eyes is He's a Cardiff fan so he must be our savior he would never do anything behind our back oh don't blame borley blame ridsdale instead

You really seem to be trolling the hell out of this forum.

I'll play along.

Please give your version of exactly what happened when Ridsdale assumed control. Please explain why you seem to believe the Board are evil yet fail to grasp the board is overwhelmingly staffed with people Ridsdale himself appointed. Maybe they blackmailed him, hmm?

Now, Borley is ONE member of a board. A board staffed with people appointed by Ridsdale. Now, in a board meeting there's usually a little thing called voting. It's usually a case of majority vote winning. Perhaps you can say how Borley is thus in position to prevent anything he disagrees with?

To correct you, the entire board has been discreditted by Ridsdale - everybody needs to go for a clean slate to occur.

Oh, you seem to have something against Steve Borley by the way. Perhaps you can enlighten everyone as to the amount Steve has invested and compare and contrast against money he's received from the club? Somehow I neither think you will or are able to.