Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " RUMOURS AND GOSSIP - SUNDAY 26/06/2011 "

Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:05 pm

Nice gossip - i imagined you sat in an apron and curlers writing this one ( is that wrong lol)
Gunarson would be amazing , just what we need in the Midfield.
The Beast gives away too many fouls for my liking

Excellent gossip carl :ayatollah: very informative :ayatollah:

What i will say to Hughon and Di Matteo is that generally the idea of an interview is to
Impress your potential future employers? Rather than the other way around.

Fowler :lol: cheeky prick :lol:

And considering all the robins threads we had and people having a go at the club saying he would be the cheap manager :roll: seems he wasn't considered (not a surprise)

carlccfc wrote:
Jenks wrote:what was the reason that shearer wasnt offered the job then, or did we not want him!

The rumour is that Alan Shearer signed the contract and accepted the job. So it was offered but he turned the deal down after agreeing terms. What could have happened, cold feet maybe ? Or was it like the rumour suggests that he would not give up his role in the BBC and that he did not like being told that Craig Bellamy will return to Cardiff City, provided his contract can be sorted out at Eastlands.

carl i heard a rumour that chris hughton spoke to him after he signed the contract with regards to his own misgivings over the strange interview he had had at the club.
although i still thought shearer was bought off by lineker giving him a box of walkers ready salted :lol:

Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:10 pm

steve davies wrote:
carlccfc wrote:
Jenks wrote:what was the reason that shearer wasnt offered the job then, or did we not want him!

The rumour is that Alan Shearer signed the contract and accepted the job. So it was offered but he turned the deal down after agreeing terms. What could have happened, cold feet maybe ? Or was it like the rumour suggests that he would not give up his role in the BBC and that he did not like being told that Craig Bellamy will return to Cardiff City, provided his contract can be sorted out at Eastlands.

carl i heard a rumour that chris hughton spoke to him after he signed the contract with regards to his own misgivings over the strange interview he had had at the club.
although i still thought shearer was bought off by lineker giving him a box of walkers ready salted :lol:

Steve I have heard exactly the same rumour as you. :D

Well worded Carl/Annis.
Think its far better and does a lot less harm on the club :ayatollah:

I thought Alex Armstrong left at the same time as Dave Jones - but that Sean Connelly might still be part of the support team?

Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:11 pm

GarethGardner wrote:Well worded Carl/Annis.
Think its far better and does a lot less harm on the club :ayatollah:

Cheers Gareth :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:11 pm

carlccfc wrote:*All that is written are rumours and whispers and bits of gossip I have heard and I am posting them all in one thread, not dissimilar to the updates I used to do, but these are not posted as factually correct. These are not my views but what I have had sent to me via email, text or telephone calls, they come from many different people, not sources, all of which may turn out to be true at a later date.

When the club sacked Dave Jones and set about the interviewing process I have heard a whisper that they received over 20 applications for the job.

A rumour going around is that Gethin Jenkins and Alan Whitely approached and sought the help of Lennie Lawrence as to how a football club appoints a manager, Lennie Lawrence was helpful with the request and give Gethin and Alan advice at a meeting held at the Vale.

The first person who was interviewed was Chris Hughton and the rumour is that the interview was not a detailed one and did not go into depth at all. A little birdie tells me that Chris Hughton said after the interview that it was the "worst interview he has ever been involved with" and he was shocked at the whole situation. Furthermore he apparently said that "it was very unprofessional". I will not add my comments to that but leave you all to debate what he apparently said.

Roberto Di Matteo was interviewed also but I have heard whispers that he felt it was pointless exercise.

Derek McInnes was also interviewed for the job and it was he who cut his family holiday short in Florida to fly back to the UK to be interviewed, I hear that McInnes gave a good interview and Gethin Jenkins and Alan Whitely were impressed with him.

There is a rumour that Malky Mackay was interviewed nearly two weeks prior to landing the job and like McInnes he also impressed in his first interview, I say first interview as there is an even stronger rumour that he was interviewed again on Monday June 13th 2011. In this alleged second interview Malky sat for 3 hours with Gethin Jenkins and laid out his plans and aspirations for the future and how he would build a squad using youth and working with players on the training ground and becoming involved in their diets and their nutrition. As this is just gossip it couldn't possibly bring our club into any sort of trouble as Watford or in particular Graham Taylor was adamant that Mackay was on holiday abroad and was certainly not in the UK being interviewed by Cardiff.

Strangely though as rumours go this one kept going because I heard another whisper that hours after this alleged second interview Malky Mackay was insistent that he would get the job despite being told there was another interview to take place with another candidate, he did not know who that person was. It turned out to be Alan Shearer.

How did Alan Shearer come about to be interviewed, did he send in his application? Well according to a whisper I heard, it came about through his agent Simon Bayliff, who is also the agent of Michael Chopra, whilst negotiating the deal that took Chopra to Ipswich, Bayliff said "You do know Alan Shearer would be interested in your vacancy?"

That sentence set the ball rolling and led to Shearer being interviewed.

The interviewing process was in the hands of Gethin Jenkins and Alan Whitely up to this point and they had interviewed each of the applicants themselves but there was a twist of events when Shearer was interviewed, TG flew over to oversee this particular interview.! I also know that TG interviewed Alan Shearer along with Gethin Jenkins and Alan Whitely as I spoke on the phone to TG whilst he was in the meeting with Shearer.

The whole business with Shearer was overtaken by the Malaysians and it is suggested that they saw Shearer as a name to help to continue to raise the profile of Cardiff City in Malaysia and the rumour goes that they were star struck by the name of Shearer.

On the night of Shearer's interview and it was all over the national press' websites that it was a done deal, I received a phone call to say that Malky Mackay was"pissed off" at how events seemed to be panning out as he was under the impression that the job was his after his previous interviews. Without knocking anyone but those who may or have questioned whether Mackay did in fact have an interview prior to an official approach being granted I think it would be wise to listen to Gethin's comments in the press interview announcing Malky as manager, when he said "We looked at other people but when we looked at it we kept coming back to one answer and we felt that was Malcolm Mackay."

Another name I heard on the grapevine that applied was former player Robbie Fowler, he sent in his CV but did not get to the interview stage. He did not even have the opportunity to speak with anyone at the club, he made a phone call to the club such was his eagerness for an interview but the call was not returned. For his efforts he received a response by email and it was said that his CV was not to the standard and lacked the experience that Cardiff City were looking for and that he could apply at a future date if another position becomes available.

We read recently that the club has made huge strides with historical debts and had come to agreement with PMG and that they agreed to convert a significant amount of their debt into shares, a bit of gossip I hear is that the amount turned into shares will be £5.7million. We know that PMG have been receiving approximately £100k per month from Premier seating over the last few years.

Also further to that bit of gossip is that the Malaysians will be converting part of the £15million they put into the club last year (which was additional to the initial £6million they invested for shares). The rumour is that a minimum of £5million will be turned into shares and anywhere up to £10million.

When the club offered existing shareholders the opportunity to buy further shares at a price of 15.69p the club set aside 12,746,973 new shares with a value of £2 million. Not all of those shares on offer were taken and of which 10,643,700 shares remain unissued worth £1.67million.

There are an additional 34,468,568 shares, worth £5.4million, which the directors can allocate to existing shareholders. But if the rumour is true that PMG and the Malaysians will convert anything over £10million then there is not even shares to go around so can we expect an EGM to be called to raise further shares?

What if other creditors, who are shareholders are offered to exchange for shares too?

In other rumours Adam Matthews was at the Vale last week receiving treatment before he starts his new career at Celtic next week and is gutted to be leaving and would have liked to have the opportunity to have worked with Malky Mackay.

The club backroom staff have been asked to submit their CV's to the club secretary so that Malky can evaluate them and see who he wants to keep. He has asked the staff to meet with him on Monday.

Mackay is bringing in his own physio but it does not rule out Alex Armstrong staying on but if he does then the rumour has it that he will work under the new physio. More gossip from down the Vale is that the medical staff have been put on alert to do quite a few medicals this coming week.

There is a general consensus down at the Vale that Jon Parkin will have a big part to play this season and he has been working really hard to lose some weight and has apparently dropped a waist size!

Ross McCormack is aware of the rumours of him possibly returning but as yet there has been no official approach.

A player that is in our sights is Aron Gunnarsson, who I believe is a free agent this summer.

With regards to Earnie talks are ongoing but hopefully something will be sorted this week.

You have all heard the names mentioned previously like Andrew Taylor and David Goodwillie and these are targets that Malky Mackay hopes to tie up this week. Taylor becomes a free agent on July 1st and Goodwillie wants to come to Cardiff and spent a couple of days here at the end of last week and the sticking point is the fee and how it is to be paid.

If I hear anymore rumours, whispers or gossip at all then I will post them on here at first opportunity.

For a future good read follow the links below

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/ :ayatollah:

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/ :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Brilliant news that Parkins down to an xxxxl shorts :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:12 pm

Positive from start to finish and loving the gossip Carl! Thanks a lot I appreciate it.

So well written and really draws you in.

Only thing I wan't happy with, was the part about Parkin - I just dont think he can cut it.

Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:14 pm

If shearer signed it and pulled out surely we should have demanded he bought his contract out? Or at least some comp?

Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:14 pm

2blue2handle wrote:If shearer signed it and pulled out surely we should have demanded he bought his contract out? Or at least some comp?

that would be something tight huw would do :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:16 pm

Carl - Sorry to ask cos of the amount of time it took you to write that out, but are there any rumours of players that Malky doesn't want that's under contract ? ie Naylor, Macphail, Gyepes etc etc or is it unfair to name them because they are still under contract ?

Cheers Carl. Very interesting reading all of that.

Let's hope the Taylor and Goodwillie deals go through this week! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

["carlccfc"]"steve davies"]["carlccfc"]"Jenks"]what was the reason that shearer wasnt offered the job then, or did we not want him!
although i still thought shearer was bought off by lineker giving him a box of walkers ready salted :lol:[/quote]
Steve I have heard exactly the same rumour as you. :D

thank god for that carl i thought the rumour might be wrong and it was in fact cheese and onion instead :lol: :lol:

Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:17 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:If shearer signed it and pulled out surely we should have demanded he bought his contract out? Or at least some comp?

Nah he even ignores release clauses.... And people
Think GJ is out of his depth :lol:

Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:19 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

Nah he even ignores release clauses.... And people
Think GJ is out of his depth :lol:

:lol: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:19 pm

Isn't Sean Connelly the physio? :S not Alex Armstrong...

Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:21 pm

GarethGardner wrote:Carl - Sorry to ask cos of the amount of time it took you to write that out, but are there any rumours of players that Malky doesn't want that's under contract ? ie Naylor, Macphail, Gyepes etc etc or is it unfair to name them because they are still under contract ?

The work on remaining staff and players starts tomorrow.

Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:22 pm

carlccfc wrote:Craig Bellamy returns from returns from holiday on Sunday July 3rd and will meet with Man City on Monday the 4th. The New York Red Bulls want Bellamy but he is not interested in going there.

next year as long as he has an injury free season this season.

Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:23 pm

Thanks for the gossip column carl :D , I would be very happy if we could add those players mentioned to our squad plus a few others, Gunnarsson is exactly what we need! Some one who like to put their foot in at the middle of the park, with the added bonus of his long throws which I would expect parkin to get a lot of service from.

Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:24 pm

Carl is there any chance of us getting Bothroyd back in your opinion mate?

Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:26 pm

how confident of landing aaron gunarson? he's quality.

Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:28 pm

no mate as with all contracts there is a cooling off period where you have time to reflect and change your mind.
thats what happened here after shearer had spoken to a few friends

Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:31 pm

Cheers carl very interesting update as I'm listening to the sexy beyonce live!!!! :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:32 pm

steve davies wrote:

no mate as with all contracts there is a cooling off period where you have time to reflect and change your mind.

Steve you mean looked at the budget and seen the task ahead and thought it was an impossible task for him.

Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:33 pm

GarethGardner wrote:
Rita Pidsdale wrote:Parkin to play a big part :o I thought we had renewed ambition

Get Big Jon fit and we got a good player in my opinion.

Totally agree mate. He looks the part to me, maybe if he actually got a chance and a run of games then he'd be able to show it.

Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:34 pm

Daya wrote:
steve davies wrote:

Steve you mean looked at the budget and seen the task ahead and thought it was an impossible task for him.

It was always going to be an impossible task for him, regardless of budget - the man's a dunce.

Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:44 pm

steve davies wrote:

Thanks for that :ayatollah: makes sense.
Bit like a phone :ayatollah:

Aron Gunnarsson was with MM on Friday at a hotel in Cardiff. Mind you so was the Swansea manager BR.

Parkin and Earnie could be an awesome partnership.

Cant wait for the season to start

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: