Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " RUMOURS AND GOSSIP - SUNDAY 26/06/2011 "

Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:14 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Excellent gossip carl :ayatollah: very informative :ayatollah:

What i will say to Hughon and Di Matteo is that generally the idea of an interview is to
Impress your potential future employers? Rather than the other way around.

Fowler :lol: cheeky prick :lol:

And considering all the robins threads we had and people having a go at the club saying he would be the cheap manager :roll: seems he wasn't considered (not a surprise)

Spot on .I am led to believe Hughton dropped a clanger at his and there were personal issues with Di Matteo .

Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:51 pm

Aron Gunnarsson is a new name to be linked with us but on checking his wikipedia page apart from seeing he plays centre midfield where we're lacking in players it also says that we're his current club, so maybe the people who admin his page know something we don't already? Good to hear that Mackay is putting his own stamp on things both on the playing side and backroom staff.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:54 pm

I think that used properly Jon Parkin has a lot to offer, I know that we used to dread it when he was on the opposite side. The fact that DJ never used his talents: e.i. big guy f*cking up the defense for other guys to score goals was not his fault.
As for Alan Shearer I thank the Gods that he was not appointed. The fact that he was considered was down to the Malaysians and I do not think any blame can be attached to Gethin Jenkins, who in my opinion is doing a creditable job at CCFC.

Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:21 pm

GarethGardner wrote:
Rita Pidsdale wrote:Parkin to play a big part :o I thought we had renewed ambition

Get Big Jon fit and we got a good player in my opinion.

Don't care how much weight he loses, I just don't think he is a good enough striker for a side looking to get promoted.

Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:49 am

the word rumour and gossip are used alot :lol:

Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:55 am

jon1959 wrote:I thought Alex Armstrong left at the same time as Dave Jones - but that Sean Connelly might still be part of the support team?

So did I - I'm sure that is the case.

Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:03 am

carlccfc wrote:*All that is written are rumours and whispers and bits of gossip I have heard and I am posting them all in one thread, not dissimilar to the updates I used to do, but these are not posted as factually correct. These are not my views but what I have had sent to me via email, text or telephone calls, they come from many different people, not sources, all of which may turn out to be true at a later date.

When the club sacked Dave Jones and set about the interviewing process I have heard a whisper that they received over 20 applications for the job.

A rumour going around is that Gethin Jenkins and Alan Whitely approached and sought the help of Lennie Lawrence as to how a football club appoints a manager, Lennie Lawrence was helpful with the request and give Gethin and Alan advice at a meeting held at the Vale.

The first person who was interviewed was Chris Hughton and the rumour is that the interview was not a detailed one and did not go into depth at all. A little birdie tells me that Chris Hughton said after the interview that it was the "worst interview he has ever been involved with" and he was shocked at the whole situation. Furthermore he apparently said that "it was very unprofessional". I will not add my comments to that but leave you all to debate what he apparently said.

Roberto Di Matteo was interviewed also but I have heard whispers that he felt it was pointless exercise.

Derek McInnes was also interviewed for the job and it was he who cut his family holiday short in Florida to fly back to the UK to be interviewed, I hear that McInnes gave a good interview and Gethin Jenkins and Alan Whitely were impressed with him.

There is a rumour that Malky Mackay was interviewed nearly two weeks prior to landing the job and like McInnes he also impressed in his first interview, I say first interview as there is an even stronger rumour that he was interviewed again on Monday June 13th 2011. In this alleged second interview Malky sat for 3 hours with Gethin Jenkins and laid out his plans and aspirations for the future and how he would build a squad using youth and working with players on the training ground and becoming involved in their diets and their nutrition. As this is just gossip it couldn't possibly bring our club into any sort of trouble as Watford or in particular Graham Taylor was adamant that Mackay was on holiday abroad and was certainly not in the UK being interviewed by Cardiff.

Strangely though as rumours go this one kept going because I heard another whisper that hours after this alleged second interview Malky Mackay was insistent that he would get the job despite being told there was another interview to take place with another candidate, he did not know who that person was. It turned out to be Alan Shearer.

How did Alan Shearer come about to be interviewed, did he send in his application? Well according to a whisper I heard, it came about through his agent Simon Bayliff, who is also the agent of Michael Chopra, whilst negotiating the deal that took Chopra to Ipswich, Bayliff said "You do know Alan Shearer would be interested in your vacancy?"

That sentence set the ball rolling and led to Shearer being interviewed.

The interviewing process was in the hands of Gethin Jenkins and Alan Whitely up to this point and they had interviewed each of the applicants themselves but there was a twist of events when Shearer was interviewed, TG flew over to oversee this particular interview.! I also know that TG interviewed Alan Shearer along with Gethin Jenkins and Alan Whitely as I spoke on the phone to TG whilst he was in the meeting with Shearer.

The whole business with Shearer was overtaken by the Malaysians and it is suggested that they saw Shearer as a name to help to continue to raise the profile of Cardiff City in Malaysia and the rumour goes that they were star struck by the name of Shearer.

The rumour is that Alan Shearer signed the contract and accepted the job. So it was offered but he turned the deal down after agreeing terms. What could have happened, cold feet maybe ? Or was it like the rumour suggests that he would not give up his role in the BBC and that he did not like being told that Craig Bellamy will return to Cardiff City, provided his contract can be sorted out at Eastlands.

On the night of Shearer's interview and it was all over the national press' websites that it was a done deal, I received a phone call to say that Malky Mackay was"pissed off" at how events seemed to be panning out as he was under the impression that the job was his after his previous interviews. Without knocking anyone but those who may or have questioned whether Mackay did in fact have an interview prior to an official approach being granted I think it would be wise to listen to Gethin's comments in the press interview announcing Malky as manager, when he said "We looked at other people but when we looked at it we kept coming back to one answer and we felt that was Malcolm Mackay."

Another name I heard on the grapevine that applied was former player Robbie Fowler, he sent in his CV but did not get to the interview stage. He did not even have the opportunity to speak with anyone at the club, he made a phone call to the club such was his eagerness for an interview but the call was not returned. For his efforts he received a response by email and it was said that his CV was not to the standard and lacked the experience that Cardiff City were looking for and that he could apply at a future date if another position becomes available.

We read recently that the club has made huge strides with historical debts and had come to agreement with PMG and that they agreed to convert a significant amount of their debt into shares, a bit of gossip I hear is that the amount turned into shares will be £5.7million. We know that PMG have been receiving approximately £100k per month from Premier seating over the last few years.

Also further to that bit of gossip is that the Malaysians will be converting part of the £15million they put into the club last year (which was additional to the initial £6million they invested for shares). The rumour is that a minimum of £5million will be turned into shares and anywhere up to £10million.

When the club offered existing shareholders the opportunity to buy further shares at a price of 15.69p the club set aside 12,746,973 new shares with a value of £2 million. Not all of those shares on offer were taken and of which 10,643,700 shares remain unissued worth £1.67million.

There are an additional 34,468,568 shares, worth £5.4million, which the directors can allocate to existing shareholders. But if the rumour is true that PMG and the Malaysians will convert anything over £10million then there is not even shares to go around so can we expect an EGM to be called to raise further shares?

What if other creditors, who are shareholders are offered to exchange for shares too?

In other rumours Adam Matthews was at the Vale last week receiving treatment before he starts his new career at Celtic next week and is gutted to be leaving and would have liked to have the opportunity to have worked with Malky Mackay.

The club backroom staff have been asked to submit their CV's to the club secretary so that Malky can evaluate them and see who he wants to keep. He has asked the staff to meet with him on Monday.

Mackay is bringing in his own physio but it does not rule out Alex Armstrong staying on but if he does then the rumour has it that he will work under the new physio. More gossip from down the Vale is that the medical staff have been put on alert to do quite a few medicals this coming week.

There is a general consensus down at the Vale that Jon Parkin will have a big part to play this season and he has been working really hard to lose some weight and has apparently dropped a waist size!

Ross McCormack is aware of the rumours of him possibly returning but as yet there has been no official approach.

A player that is in our sights is Aron Gunnarsson, who I believe is a free agent this summer.

With regards to Earnie talks are ongoing but hopefully something will be sorted this week.

You have all heard the names mentioned previously like Andrew Taylor and David Goodwillie and these are targets that Malky Mackay hopes to tie up this week. Taylor becomes a free agent on July 1st and Goodwillie wants to come to Cardiff and spent a couple of days here at the end of last week and the sticking point is the fee and how it is to be paid.

If I hear anymore rumours, whispers or gossip at all then I will post them on here at first opportunity.

For a future good read follow the links below

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/ :ayatollah:

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/ :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Hughton and DiMateo, didn't like the interviews, if your source is correct of course they didn't like them, they didn't get the job .............

Sounds to me like Gethin did a brilliant job :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:11 am

Now that these posts from Carl are now just gossip he's heard and passed on, and not fact or opinion from Carl himself, should I think any of it bollocks would I be allowed to say so without censure? :mrgreen:

Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:34 am

so TG & co were interviewing Shearer, and TG said hold on a sec, i need to ring my mucka Carl? if this is the case, should have been Shearer moaning it was'nt very profesional not Hughton. :roll:

Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:38 am

The hypocrisy stinks!!! Carl posts some gossip (it always has been, hes never said its fact) he gets shit, yet if TVB or Des Parrot say same thing on CCMB they are lauded as gods! If people are that daft they believe everything they read then there is no hope at all :(

Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:51 am

I think Jenkins is doing a great job. He also doesnt feel the need to get himself in the papers or on the radio like the previous chairmen (Ridsdale and Hammam) have done. A decent bloke getting on with his job. I think most people will read criticism of Jenkins by yourself, as some sort of dig at him coming via other 3rd parties.

Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:01 am

HarryParsnip wrote:I think Jenkins is doing a great job. He also doesnt feel the need to get himself in the papers or on the radio like the previous chairmen (Ridsdale and Hammam) have done. A decent bloke getting on with his job. I think most people will read criticism of Jenkins by yourself, as some sort of dig at him coming via other 3rd parties.

I agree, but i always judge people by their actions and not gossip, as far as i can see GJ is doing a very professional job and hes a credit to the club.

Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:07 am

Just seen on Sky Sports News that Steve McClaren is planning contract talks with Earnie by the end of this week. Anyone know anything different, maybe Carl you can shed some light on this as I was under the impression that Malky was going to meet him this week with a view to sorting out a deal for him to return to us? I really hope this signing comes off and both parties can agree on a deal. Annis spoke on another post about the players this season having passion for the club, well there's nobody more passionate than Earnie where Cardiff City are concerned. Earnie and Parkin strike force next season, that'd do for me.
:D :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :D

Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:14 am

RichBluebird wrote:Just seen on Sky Sports News that Steve McClaren is planning contract talks with Earnie by the end of this week. Anyone know anything different, maybe Carl you can shed some light on this as I was under the impression that Malky was going to meet him this week with a view to sorting out a deal for him to return to us? I really hope this signing comes off and both parties can agree on a deal. Annis spoke on another post about the players this season having passion for the club, well there's nobody more passionate than Earnie where Cardiff City are concerned. Earnie and Parkin strike force next season, that'd do for me.

Earnies agent wouldn't be doing his job properly if he didn't listen to all offers put to his client. Will ultimately be up to Earnie which offer he accepts.

Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:40 am

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:The hypocrisy stinks!!! Carl posts some gossip (it always has been, hes never said its fact) he gets shit, yet if TVB or Des Parrot say same thing on CCMB they are lauded as gods! If people are that daft they believe everything they read then there is no hope at all :(

That's rubbish I'm afraid, I've never seen Des Parrot pr TVB lauded as gods on CCMB. Certainly no more tha some on here with Carl.

Don't get me wrong Carls has clearly provided some good stuff. But there has also been a lot which hasn't been so good and other stuff which has previously been put on by other posters. Nothing wrong there you are bound to get things wrong even eminent journalists do and there are bounnd to be times whe duplicated information gets out

There are people on CCMB who go to the one xtreme and rubbish everything Carl has said whilst there are othere on here who go to the other extreme who don't seem to accept he ever gets anything wrong or that everyting he proviides is new information.

I do agree with Corky that the way it was presented probably didn' t help.

Early days for this new format yet but it seems ok. Not sure that the words rumour and gsosip need to be repeated quite so often though, seems to rather labour the point !!!!

Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:44 am

bornsurvivor wrote:
RichBluebird wrote:Just seen on Sky Sports News that Steve McClaren is planning contract talks with Earnie by the end of this week. Anyone know anything different, maybe Carl you can shed some light on this as I was under the impression that Malky was going to meet him this week with a view to sorting out a deal for him to return to us? I really hope this signing comes off and both parties can agree on a deal. Annis spoke on another post about the players this season having passion for the club, well there's nobody more passionate than Earnie where Cardiff City are concerned. Earnie and Parkin strike force next season, that'd do for me.

Earnies agent wouldn't be doing his job properly if he didn't listen to all offers put to his client. Will ultimately be up to Earnie which offer he accepts.

Absolutely I know what your saying, just worries me that we'll lose out on him and he'll end up staying at Forest. :(

Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:47 am

RichBluebird wrote:
bornsurvivor wrote:

Absolutely I know what your saying, just worries me that we'll lose out on him and he'll end up staying at Forest. :(

If Malky rates him, it would seem he is ours for the taking, but if Malky thinks he can get better, it will be bye bye Earnie...

Leave it to malky he is a far better judge than all of us and won't have any sentimental feelings about good old Earnie !!!

Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:43 am

Why do some people quote the whole of Carl's update ?! Madness !

Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:44 am

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:The hypocrisy stinks!!! Carl posts some gossip (it always has been, hes never said its fact) he gets shit, yet if TVB or Des Parrot say same thing on CCMB they are lauded as gods! If people are that daft they believe everything they read then there is no hope at all :(

FFS

Forget about CCMB

If you cant say anything nice about it, dont go on there mate :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:53 am

This format is much better I think :ayatollah:

Although I do find it hard to believe that you spoke to tg DURING! the Shearer interview

Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:53 pm

I said it on CCMB, so I guess I should put it on here to be fair, but to papaphrase what I said there, it just seems to me that this new format is just a way of giving Carl a ready made get-out clause if the update turns out to be cobblers.

i.e - If cobblers "Well I did say it was just a rumour/gossip"
If true "As I said on such a such date....."

Either way, he can't be proved wrong.

Using this format, he could legitimately say he'd heared a rumour that I'd nailed Cheryl Cole!

Carl, by his own admission, has lost some credibility lately, and I think this is an attempt to restore that.

Now Carl may very well be a bloody nice bloke (by his postings, that does seem to be the case) but nobody as far as I know is slagging the guy off or making personal comments about him. As they say on another MB I'm a member of "Criticise the opinion, not the poster".

I've said it so many times I can't remember, but my fear for Carl is that by getting too close to this stuff is a recipe for turning watching City into becoming hard work and who needs that on a Saturday? If Carl doesn't see that as an issue, then that's great. My other concern is for the simple minded who take the rumour/heresay as Gospel.

Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:57 pm

TH63 wrote:I said it on CCMB, so I guess I should put it on here to be fair, but to papaphrase what I said there, it just seems to me that this new format is just a way of giving Carl a ready made get-out clause if the update turns out to be cobblers.

i.e - If cobblers "Well I did say it was just a rumour/gossip"
If true "As I said on such a such date....."

Either way, he can't be proved wrong.

Using this format, he could legitimately say he'd heared a rumour that I'd nailed Cheryl Cole!

Carl, by his own admission, has lost some credibility lately, and I think this is an attempt to restore that.

Now Carl may very well be a bloody nice bloke (by his postings, that does seem to be the case) but nobody as far as I know is slagging the guy off or making personal comments about him. As they say on another MB I'm a member of "Criticise the opinion, not the poster".

I've said it so many times I can't remember, but my fear for Carl is that by getting too close to this stuff is a recipe for turning watching City into becoming hard work and who needs that on a Saturday? If Carl doesn't see that as an issue, then that's great. My other concern is for the simple minded who take the rumour/heresay as Gospel.

And You have only put it on here due to my pm AND AS I TOLD YOU, THIS WAS Corky's idea to try and stop Snipers from ccmb like you from just causing trouble and stirring it up and splitting the Cardiff fans right down the middle, its bad enough that I was informed today that Baker had 7 different names on that site last night sniping away, I really thought you were above that, I guess I wrong.

Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:03 pm

Is this a forum for Cardiff fans, or a 'Fan Boy' Forum ?

I sometimes wonder.. We have our board vs ccmb vs the other city board, and vice versa. A whole lot of bitching going on all boards between us the fans and stuff aimed at Carl and Annis all the time, yet lately not so much football talk as there used to be.

Can we not just accept no matter what forum we all decide to use we are 1 big family, the same set of supporters following our same beloved club Cardiff City ?

This fanboy buisness is getting annoying now.
Last edited by Cardiff_Llandaff_Bluebird on Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:06 pm

HarryParsnip wrote:I think Jenkins is doing a great job. He also doesnt feel the need to get himself in the papers or on the radio like the previous chairmen (Ridsdale and Hammam) have done. A decent bloke getting on with his job. I think most people will read criticism of Jenkins by yourself, as some sort of dig at him coming via other 3rd parties.

Where is the dig at GJ ? What Carl has posted is how it was Rumoured what went on in choosing our manager, if you dont like his posts, Simple dont read them :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:08 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Where is the dig at GJ ? What Carl has posted is how it was Rumoured what went on in choosing our manager, if you dont like his posts, Simple dont read them :ayatollah:

It shows to me that Jenkins knows a lot more about British football than TG ever will ........... Shearer nonsense was a farce and an all round embarrasment to CCFC and MM !

Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:09 pm

FB
1. Yes, I put it here. Let me tell you why. I posted a comment/opinion on CCMB. You saw it there, and brought it into this arena, so I thought, ok courage of my convictions and all that - what's your point?
2. I will NEVER reveal the details of a PM.
3. I had no idea it was Corky's idea (and so what?)
4. I have NO intention of causing trouble/spiltting fans. My opinion is that SOME of Carl's recent predictions were false, I think this format is a way of covering his butt. I fail to see how this simple opinion could split fans
5. I have no idea why Baker's been brought into this. I don't know the kid.
6. You thought I was better than what? Being man enough to express a different opinion?

Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:19 pm

TH63 wrote:FB
1. Yes, I put it here. Let me tell you why. I posted a comment/opinion on CCMB. You saw it there, and brought it into this arena, so I thought, ok courage of my convictions and all that - what's your point?
4. I have NO intention of causing trouble/spiltting fans. My opinion is that SOME of Carl's recent predictions were false, I think this format is a way of covering his butt. I fail to see how this simple opinion could split fans
6. You thought I was better than what? Being man enough to express a different opinion?

Show me the exact post Carl has GOT WRONG ?
Also when has Carl himself admitted he is getting it wrong (u have said in yr previous post) ?

Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:24 pm

Annis and Carl cant you just ban these morons and leave this forum to the people who are really interested in Carl's updates

Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:27 pm

BLUEBIRD wrote:Annis and Carl cant you just ban these morons and leave this forum to the people who are really interested in Carl's updates

You mean so they can preach to the converted? Debating gossip is one of the great things about football.

Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:42 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
TH63 wrote:FB

Show me the exact post Carl has GOT WRONG ?
Also when has Carl himself admitted he is getting it wrong (u have said in yr previous post) ?

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=49533&p=458514#p458514