Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " RUMOURS AND GOSSIP - SUNDAY 26/06/2011 "

Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:46 pm

TH63 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
TH63 wrote:FB
1. Yes, I put it here. Let me tell you why. I posted a comment/opinion on CCMB. You saw it there, and brought it into this arena, so I thought, ok courage of my convictions and all that - what's your point?
2. I will NEVER reveal the details of a PM.
3. I had no idea it was Corky's idea (and so what?)
4. I have NO intention of causing trouble/spiltting fans. My opinion is that SOME of Carl's recent predictions were false, I think this format is a way of covering his butt. I fail to see how this simple opinion could split fans
5. I have no idea why Baker's been brought into this. I don't know the kid.
6. You thought I was better than what? Being man enough to express a different opinion?

Show me the exact post Carl has GOT WRONG ?
Also when has Carl himself admitted he is getting it wrong (u have said in yr previous post) ?

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=49533&p=458514#p458514

:lol:

Is that the best you can do, Carl thought it was Mackay and when Shearer was announced,which none of us knew about at the time, Carl thought he had got it ALL WRONG and was man enough to admit it, but in the end he was not wrong :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:47 pm

TH63 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
1. Yes, I put it here. Let me tell you why. I posted a comment/opinion on CCMB. You saw it there, and brought it into this arena, so I thought, ok courage of my convictions and all that - what's your point?
2. I will NEVER reveal the details of a PM.
3. I had no idea it was Corky's idea (and so what?)
4. I have NO intention of causing trouble/spiltting fans. My opinion is that SOME of Carl's recent predictions were false, I think this format is a way of covering his butt. I fail to see how this simple opinion could split fans
5. I have no idea why Baker's been brought into this. I don't know the kid.
6. You thought I was better than what? Being man enough to express a different opinion?

Also when has Carl himself admitted he is getting it wrong (u have said in yr previous post) ?

Carl's updates are only as good as the source he gets the info from right ? When Carl released that update even Sky Sports News were telling us Shearer was our new manager.. In fact Carl said last night that the deal was basically a done deal at the time so in many respects Carl's update was 100% correct at the time of that update..

It was an hour or two after Carls update that talks broke down.

Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:52 pm

bornsurvivor wrote:
BLUEBIRD wrote:Annis and Carl cant you just ban these morons and leave this forum to the people who are really interested in Carl's updates

You mean so they can preach to the converted? Debating gossip is one of the great things about football.

Yes I agree I love good debates, but just saying everything is bollocks/shit/rubbish etc is not a debate, Show me 10 things that Carl has got wrong and I will show you 50 he has got right. I await your 10 things :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:56 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
bornsurvivor wrote:
BLUEBIRD wrote:Annis and Carl cant you just ban these morons and leave this forum to the people who are really interested in Carl's updates

You mean so they can preach to the converted? Debating gossip is one of the great things about football.

Yes I agree I love good debates, but just saying everything is bollocks/shit/rubbish etc is not a debate, Show me 10 things that Carl has got wrong and I will show you 50 he has got right. I await your 10 things :ayatollah:

Come on Annis we can show them more than 50 :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:58 pm

Yes I agree I love good debates, but just saying everything is bollocks/shit/rubbish etc is not a debate, Show me 10 things that Carl has got wrong and I will show you 50 he has got right. I await your 10 things :ayatollah:[/quote]
Come on Annis we can show them more than 50 :ayatollah: :ayatollah:[/quote]

PROB 500 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:03 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Is that the best you can do, Carl thought it was Mackay and when Shearer was announced,which none of us knew about at the time, Carl thought he had got it ALL WRONG and was man enough to admit it, but in the end he was not wrong :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Come on now Annis. I don't think you can say Carl was correct. First it was hughton,then malky,then shearer,then malky again. To say he got it right is just plain stupid. But to be honest it's nothing to be ashamed about as Carl admitted when he said he was wrong( fair play to him) so I don't really get why your saying he was right :lol: ?
As I said before no one new what was going on. Not me, not you, or not Carl.

Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:05 pm

I have neither the time nor inclination to trawl through thousands of posts trying to show where Carl got something wrong.

You asked me where Carl said he got something wrong, I answered you. End of, as far as I'm concerned.

As you said, Carl was man enough to admit it, and fair play to the bloke.

I've never once said EVERYTHING Carl says is wrong.

As for Warriors "You need to get a life", why does everything have to get personal? You know nothing about me or my life.

If you don't want me on here, then that's fine by me.

Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:07 pm

Pontybluebird10 wrote:Come on now Annis. I don't think you can say Carl was correct. First it was hughton,then malky,then shearer,then malky again. To say he got it right is just plain stupid. But to be honest it's nothing to be ashamed about as Carl admitted when he said he was wrong( fair play to him) so I don't really get why your saying he was right :lol: ?

Did Carl ever say that Hughton had the job?

Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:42 pm

The tricky thing in a forum is deciding when someone has a genuine point to make and when someone is on a windup.
Here's some clues:
(1) Genuine point - doesn't feel the need to tenaciously pursue an argument
(2) WUM - Tenaciously pursues a point hoping to demonstrate to followers that he/she "owns" everyone on the forum

As has been said countless times Carl's posts do not have to be read if you dont like them. Pursuing them is a waste of not only our time but also your own time. "Get a life" springs to mind.

Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:10 pm

This is pretty much getting out of hand TBH. I come on here and enjoy what people have to say about anything to do with Cardiff City, I go thru every post and take in what people have typed. I especially take note of what Carl and Annis has to say whether it be fact, rumour, gossip or whatever, because I feel they are a very good read.
As far as I know, except for the Shearer post :o which never came about anyway, which Carl actually admitted he was wrong, which infact turned out to be correct in what he told us in the first place about Mackay, Carl has NOT been far off being right on anything he has said on here, and most of the time he has been spot on, I can only speak for myself and in what I read and see. I know Annis but I don't know Carl personally but I feel he is a very nice guy that is trying to keep us fans upto date with things he knows that OTHER people have told him, now I for one am quite happy with that being that he is hardly ever wrong. Carl or Annis do NOT need to do this and I wouldn't blame them if they decided to stop because of all the shit and abuse they get on here. I would be very happy if Carl or Annis told us what they know and if they or their source once in a while get things wrong then so what, afterall they are only human, if anyone don't like it then don't read it because some of us are more than happy to read what has to be said about Cardiff City whether it be true or false. :roll:
Give the guys a break and let them carry on all the good work that they do because otherwise we would all be very much in the dark about everything and I personally think that would be worse. :old:
It's pretty simple from where I stand, if you don't like what Carl posts then don't read it, if your criticism of him is constructive then no problem but there is no need to abuse the man.
That is just my opinion and if I get slagged off because of it then I couldn't really give a shit. :D
We are ALL City fans and we should respect each other and not use this board to fight amongst ourselves and get a divide between us, it's absolutely ludicrous, we all love our beloved Bluebirds.
Onwards and Upwards ;)

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:31 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
Pontybluebird10 wrote:Come on now Annis. I don't think you can say Carl was correct. First it was hughton,then malky,then shearer,then malky again. To say he got it right is just plain stupid. But to be honest it's nothing to be ashamed about as Carl admitted when he said he was wrong( fair play to him) so I don't really get why your saying he was right :lol: ?

Did Carl ever say that Hughton had the job?

Ian
NOT ONCE, like me he said he was a front runner and I said I wanted him to be our manager :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:33 pm

tenerife_blu wrote:This is pretty much getting out of hand TBH. I come on here and enjoy what people have to say about anything to do with Cardiff City, I go thru every post and take in what people have typed. I especially take note of what Carl and Annis has to say whether it be fact, rumour, gossip or whatever, because I feel they are a very good read.
As far as I know, except for the Shearer post :o which never came about anyway, which Carl actually admitted he was wrong, which infact turned out to be correct in what he told us in the first place about Mackay, Carl has NOT been far off being right on anything he has said on here, and most of the time he has been spot on, I can only speak for myself and in what I read and see. I know Annis but I don't know Carl personally but I feel he is a very nice guy that is trying to keep us fans upto date with things he knows that OTHER people have told him, now I for one am quite happy with that being that he is hardly ever wrong. Carl or Annis do NOT need to do this and I wouldn't blame them if they decided to stop because of all the shit and abuse they get on here. I would be very happy if Carl or Annis told us what they know and if they or their source once in a while get things wrong then so what, afterall they are only human, if anyone don't like it then don't read it because some of us are more than happy to read what has to be said about Cardiff City whether it be true or false. :roll:
Give the guys a break and let them carry on all the good work that they do because otherwise we would all be very much in the dark about everything and I personally think that would be worse. :old:
It's pretty simple from where I stand, if you don't like what Carl posts then don't read it, if your criticism of him is constructive then no problem but there is no need to abuse the man.
That is just my opinion and if I get slagged off because of it then I couldn't really give a shit. :D
We are ALL City fans and we should respect each other and not use this board to fight amongst ourselves and get a divide between us, it's absolutely ludicrous, we all love our beloved Bluebirds.
Onwards and Upwards ;)

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thankyou . All We try to pass on is what we hear or know, We don't Force anyone to read our posts. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:36 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
tenerife_blu wrote:

Thankyou . All We try to pass on is what we hear or know, We don't Force anyone to read our posts. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I thought they were Carls posts?

Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:38 pm

bornsurvivor wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
tenerife_blu wrote:

I thought they were Carls posts?

You know I try and get as much info or Gossip :lol: as I can for him :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:40 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
You know I try and get as much info or Gossip :lol: as I can for him :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:51 pm

just thought i would jump in here, then probably stop reading this thread as i do with most updates after the first page but let me chuck my bits in...

i dont get why carl gets so much stick, right wrong or whatever he says. we all should know and even carl goes out of his way to say that everything he says comes from people how knows, sources in the club, people in and around who know things. Carl doesnt witness any of these meetings first hand guys !! he doesnt sit there with the malaysians drinking tea discussing gossip. he is only getting the feedback, even chinese whispers might be a better way to describe it, from people inside who he trusts and believes and to be fair normally has every right to from past experiences....

if carl comes on here states some things he has heard and carl is wrong then dear me why do people go after carl, make comments or try and snipe. he is only passing on what he has heard and im sure its nothing personal from him if it is wrong. he is just a middleman and the term 'dont shoot the messanger' could not be any more suited here.

i like his updates. im glad he goes out of his way to pass on his info. nobody is forcing him (ok maybe annis is forcing him) but he still does go through the effort of typing it up for us. I like how he may be 80% right every time, i love the 80% truth, but i also love equally the 20% that turns out not to be so correct because sometimes it does make a good debatee on here and adds to the amazing rollercoaster that CCFC is.

we all support the same club guys....jesus how can we support a team on the pitch if we arnt one off it !!

* i havent typed this much in work all day !!*

Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:06 pm

jezzy666 wrote:
i dont get why carl gets so much stick, right wrong or whatever he says. we all should know and even carl goes out of his way to say that everything he says comes from people how knows, sources in the club, people in and around who know things. Carl doesnt witness any of these meetings first hand guys !! he doesnt sit there with the malaysians drinking tea discussing gossip. he is only getting the feedback, even chinese whispers might be a better way to describe it, from people inside who he trusts and believes and to be fair normally has every right to from past experiences....

I doubt Carl would get as much stick if he just stuck to the gossip. It's the very clear agenda in lots of the "updates" that winds people up.

Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:25 pm

bornsurvivor wrote:
jezzy666 wrote:

I doubt Carl would get as much stick if he just stuck to the gossip. It's the very clear agenda in lots of the "updates" that winds people up.

How can an update / rumour / gossip / info possibly wind you up.

Seems very strange to me.

I think that if I got wound up by receiving such info about the bluebirds then I wouldn't read them.

As I say, very strange
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:48 pm

jezzy666 wrote:just thought i would jump in here, then probably stop reading this thread as i do with most updates after the first page but let me chuck my bits in...

if carl comes on here states some things he has heard and carl is wrong then dear me why do people go after carl, make comments or try and snipe. he is only passing on what he has heard and im sure its nothing personal from him if it is wrong. he is just a middleman and the term 'dont shoot the messanger' could not be any more suited here.

i like his updates. im glad he goes out of his way to pass on his info. nobody is forcing him (ok maybe annis is forcing him) but he still does go through the effort of typing it up for us. I like how he may be 80% right every time, i love the 80% truth, but i also love equally the 20% that turns out not to be so correct because sometimes it does make a good debatee on here and adds to the amazing rollercoaster that CCFC is.

we all support the same club guys....jesus how can we support a team on the pitch if we arnt one off it !!

* i havent typed this much in work all day !!*

Spot on, Except I am not forcing him :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:06 pm

if all the updates now "gossip" was suddenly stopped then all those haters would also moan about that!! carl / annis you cannot win but i say keep doing what your doing i for one look forward to them!!

its blatantly obvious that these haters are purely envious of carl & annis's contacts aswell hating the fact that this board is doing so well!! :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:10 pm

brewer918 wrote:if all the updates now "gossip" was suddenly stopped then all those haters would also moan about that!! carl / annis you cannot win but i say keep doing what your doing i for one look forward to them!!

its blatantly obvious that these haters are purely envious of carl & annis's contacts aswell hating the fact that this board is doing so well!! :ayatollah:

Totally agree, its about 8 SAD/LONELY Snipers on the other site, some with at least 3 names each, they need to get a life. Mike Morris Said one little Spotty boy has at least 5 names on there at this very moment, SO SAD.

Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:13 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
bornsurvivor wrote:

Carl did say Dave Jones would get us promoted at least 10 times last season ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:14 pm

Just in case that's pointed in my direction.

For the record, I don't hate Carl ffs, I don't even know the guy and as I've said many many times, he comes across as a nice bloke. He DOES take a lot of stick, and only once can I recall him having a pop back.

Neither am I jealous, either of Carl or his knowledge. Neither could I give a toss frankly, about which board gets the most hits.

Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:21 pm

TH63 wrote:Just in case that's pointed in my direction.

For the record, I don't hate Carl ffs, I don't even know the guy and as I've said many many times, he comes across as a nice bloke. He DOES take a lot of stick, and only once can I recall him having a pop back.

Neither am I jealous, either of Carl or his knowledge. Neither could I give a toss frankly, about which board gets the most hits.

TH63, I always Respected your views/posts even though you never agreed with me, but why join in with them Snipers, your above them :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:30 pm

I replied to this on the "yet another runour" thread.

Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:09 am

Seriously though , we need experienced MODERN FOOTBALL men making the decisions, hiring and firing in the ivory towers at CCS. Since Carls update I cant stop thinking about Hughtons shambolic interview details, the indecision and going to Lennie for advice as if its "what do we now?" and the contradictary info coming out of there. I like Gethin, but this is where Sam would have been SO handy.

Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:42 pm

tangledupinblue wrote:Seriously though , we need experienced MODERN FOOTBALL men making the decisions, hiring and firing in the ivory towers at CCS. Since Carls update I cant stop thinking about Hughtons shambolic interview details, the indecision and going to Lennie for advice as if its "what do we now?" and the contradictary info coming out of there. I like Gethin, but this is where Sam would have been SO handy.

How is Sam a modern football man? He's been out of the game for years.

GJ is doing a superb job :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:35 pm

I heard Earnshaw has been having contract talks with Forest!! Il be honest and say they might just have more chance of going up!! There is no way Shearer would have been happy at the though of having to work with Bellers! I dont think many managers would!!

Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:29 pm

well said carl and i like most of us on here enjoy what you post :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
any news on bellamy returning ?????????

Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:22 am

Ive heard that Malky is doing everything he can to get him back.