Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" JAY BOTHROYD "

Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:19 pm

Evening Welsh people. Just thought I would let you know that a very respected ITKer who usually gets things spot on has posted that Jay Bothroyd will sign for QPR this week. Although that does conflict with a conversation I had with a very well known figure at the club who reckoned his agent asked for £50k a week plus £600k! Any whispers your end?

Re: JAY BOTHROYD

Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:20 pm

DWQPR wrote:Evening Welsh people. Just thought I would let you know that a very respected ITKer who usually gets things spot on has posted that Jay Bothroyd will sign for QPR this week. Although that does conflict with a conversation I had with a very well known figure at the club who reckoned his agent asked for £50k a week plus £600k! Any whispers your end?

£50k.....holy shite id tell him to f**k off :lol:

Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:21 pm

50k a week!!!! Lol what was he on here? About £12k wasn't it.... :lol:

Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:22 pm

Merlin wrote:50k a week!!!! Lol what was he on here? About £12k wasn't it.... :lol:

i thought less! i thought we offered him 12k a week to stay here

Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:22 pm

Especially when he was on £8k at Cardiff. No way will he get that as the club has brought in a wage cap believed to be £20k per week.

Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:23 pm

9k here, the 50k doesn't add up :lol:

Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:25 pm

He won't get it especially as Taraabt has been told that he isn't getting a pay rise. Mind you I don't expect him to be here come 13th August.

Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:28 pm

£50k :shock: . Sky Andrews is one of the biggest crocks in football at the moment. Tell him to put it where the sun don't shine!

Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:29 pm

If my information is correct then he wont be signing for a club in England. Sorry DWQPR just what iv been told. I maybe incorrect

Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:29 pm

GarethGardner wrote:If my information is correct then he wont be signing for a club in England. Sorry DWQPR just what iv been told. I maybe incorrect

back to perugia? if thats spelled write.

Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:30 pm

Jay wanted from what we were told 3x his wage at Cardiff £7-8k a week,so was looking at £20-£25 k a week.

Went to Celtic and passed a medical a few weeks back,then talk of wanting to come back to us at Cardiff.

Don't know where this one is going to be fare,with other clubs interested over the past month or so.

Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:32 pm

Jay's agent wants us to do a deal with Jay again if we double his wages from about £8,000 a week to £16,000 a week.

Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:37 pm

Just wave him off lads.

Move on..........and who the hell would pay 50k for him? not even Man Shitteh

Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:48 pm

DW, Jay's agent has asked City if we will pay him £14,000 a week next season and Mackay has said NO and I am Honestly Glad, Fails to shine when it really matters.

Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:51 pm

definately not the brightest lad in football, and for his age he has always seemed very imature

living in a dream world.

just because he got an england cap he should be on the same as gerrard and lampard

Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:51 pm

Forever Blue wrote:DW, Jay's agent has asked City if we will pay him £14,000 a week next season and Mackay has said NO and I am Honestly Glad, Fails to shine when it really matters.

Mackay could've said no cause hes got another striker lined up....and I think the certain striker is from Scotland :D :ayatollah:

Re: " JAY BOTHROYD "

Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:53 pm

DWQPR wrote:Evening Welsh people. Just thought I would let you know that a very respected ITKer who usually gets things spot on has posted that Jay Bothroyd will sign for QPR this week. Although that does conflict with a conversation I had with a very well known figure at the club who reckoned his agent asked for £50k a week plus £600k! Any whispers your end?

Jays a nice feller

But the Premier league will be a step too far at this stage in his career

First big defender to get near him will give him a clump and he will go
into sulk mode.

Sad but true

Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:56 pm

taffyapple wrote:

Jays a nice feller

into sulk mode.

Sad but true

We're good with sulkers, got a lot of experience with Taraabt! :lol:

Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:56 pm

I will be amazed if he doesn't get a prem move.

Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:59 pm

DW - Off topic but any idea why Robin Soderling, the tennis player was wearing a QPR tracksuit in his Wimbeldon press conference after he lost his recent game to Bernard Tomic?!? Is he a new signing?? :D

Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:04 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I will be amazed if he doesn't get a prem move.

replace 'amazed' with 'burst out laughing' and that basically sums me up.

Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:09 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:Jay wanted from what we were told 3x his wage at Cardiff £7-8k a week,so was looking at £20-£25 k a week.

Went to Celtic and passed a medical a few weeks back,then talk of wanting to come back to us at Cardiff.

Don't know where this one is going to be fare,with other clubs interested over the past month or so.

The 1st figs i gave over were what he wanted,before this year.The £14-£16 is want was given over here about a month ago :?:

Celtic are the bookies FAV to sign JAY AT 1-8 ....QPR are 10-3...this is with SkyBet.

Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:09 pm

Bondi Bluebird wrote:

DW - Off topic but any idea why Robin Soderling, the tennis player was wearing a QPR tracksuit in his Wimbeldon press conference after he lost his recent game to Bernard Tomic?!? Is he a new signing?? :D

Yeah, new signing, always gets the ball in the net! ;) :lol:

Real reason is that he wears Lotto kit, and for a few years now Lotto think that it is a good idea as we are not far from SW19, well ten miles any way, that their tennis players wore the white QPR track tops. I have one like that aswell, look a right fat b*stard in mine! :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:10 pm

Forever Blue wrote:DW, Jay's agent has asked City if we will pay him £14,000 a week next season and Mackay has said NO and I am Honestly Glad, Fails to shine when it really matters.

I do agree with this statement, Bothroyd never seems to show up for the most important games, there was 1 game in mind i thought he really bottled and that was in the play off final vs Blackpool :ayatollah: :ayatollah: he came off early i personally think he just shat his pants in that showdown. Sometimes he was like a nancy boy on times however i have forgiven Jay since the final tho he also scored some important goals for us. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:11 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:Jay wanted from what we were told 3x his wage at Cardiff £7-8k a week,so was looking at £20-£25 k a week.

The 1st figs i gave over were what he wanted,before this year.The £14-£16 is want was given over here about a month ago :?:

Celtic are the bookies FAV to sign JAY AT 1-8 ....QPR are 10-3...this is with SkyBet.

Get your money on TopCat, this ITKer is usually spot on.

Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:15 pm

Cheers DWQPR - I don't have an account with them ,But there are some lads on here who like a bet and this info may come in handy :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I have put a few right on here over the last 2 weeks or so,this could be another for them :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:19 pm

Bloobirds101 wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:I will be amazed if he doesn't get a prem move.

replace 'amazed' with 'burst out laughing' and that basically sums me up.

That's fine you don't rate him but a good striker on a free and he is a unique type of striker for the prem.

Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:22 pm

For me Jay is a top Championship striker who is inconsistent and does not try his best every game. That is why he has about 9 clubs under his belt and we were the only club to offer him a new contract. Jay has a big ego but never shows up when it matters at the big games.

It tells you something, that it is rumoured that Malkay Mackay has no interest in signing him even if no Prem club comes in for him.

PS
He is a quality player at Championship level, but spends more time on his ar$E than on his feet. If you sign him he will probably be an impact player off the bench for you. He has not made an impact off the bench for us.

All the best in the Prem. I will be looking out for your results. StanQPR has made a big impact on this MB this season and we are all closet Prem QPR fans, thanks to Stan.

Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:24 pm

DWQPR wrote:
taffyapple wrote:

Jays a nice feller

into sulk mode.

Sad but true

We're good with sulkers, got a lot of experience with Taraabt! :lol:

Taraabt is class. Bothroyd isnt premiership class, trust me ;)

Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:26 pm

TBH Jay has left our Club and i am glad. He screwed us over last season no matter what happened with his contract or his situation with the Manager. He still had a moral duty to the supporters who help pay his wages. What i am interested is what team MM builds not where Jay ends up.