Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: JAY BOTHROYD

Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:50 pm

Forever Blue wrote:DW, Jay's agent has asked City if we will pay him £14,000 a week next season and Mackay has said NO and I am Honestly Glad, Fails to shine when it really matters.

If thats true im gutted, sound investment for me.

Re: " JAY BOTHROYD "

Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:54 am

Sounds alot of money hope you got under soil heating he likes that :lol:

Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:27 am

RFMH wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:DW, Jay's agent has asked City if we will pay him £14,000 a week next season and Mackay has said NO and I am Honestly Glad, Fails to shine when it really matters.

If thats true im gutted, sound investment for me.

I think that's right. Given that we wouldn't have to pay a transfer fee £14k a week on a 3 year contract would be an absolute steal :ayatollah:

Jay on a free, Bellers £2-3m, Goodwillie £2m, Earnie free, Conway Free, Parkin £100k makes 5 top attacking players for £4-5m minus the £1.5m for Chopra makes it an even more attractive prospect :o :ayatollah:

Just can't see any logical reason not to do it :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:34 am

Personally I think it's hilarious that no-ne really wants him. The tw*t thinks he is better than what he is. Hopefully he'll have to settle for a league 1 team :lol:

Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:57 am

DWQPR wrote:
Bondi Bluebird wrote:
DWQPR wrote:Evening Welsh people. Just thought I would let you know that a very respected ITKer who usually gets things spot on has posted that Jay Bothroyd will sign for QPR this week. Although that does conflict with a conversation I had with a very well known figure at the club who reckoned his agent asked for £50k a week plus £600k! Any whispers your end?

DW - Off topic but any idea why Robin Soderling, the tennis player was wearing a QPR tracksuit in his Wimbeldon press conference after he lost his recent game to Bernard Tomic?!? Is he a new signing?? :D

Yeah, new signing, always gets the ball in the net! ;) :lol:

Real reason is that he wears Lotto kit, and for a few years now Lotto think that it is a good idea as we are not far from SW19, well ten miles any way, that their tennis players wore the white QPR track tops. I have one like that aswell, look a right fat b*stard in mine! :ayatollah:

DW - Any truth in the rumours that you might be getting both Harry Kewell and Lucas Neill on free transfers as their contracts are up at Galatasaray? Do you reckon these two could cut it in the prem these days or is it a scheme to get a few punters in from The Walkabout in Shepherds Bush? :lol: A few A-League teams are trying to get Kewell back here but he has demanded a few million a season, a percentage of gate receipts, a beach house and also a say in team selection :o Not exactly the way to make yourself popular when the rest of the team is under a salary cap and earns around AUD 100,000 a year!

Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:14 pm

ffs wrote:Personally I think it's hilarious that no-ne really wants him. The tw*t thinks he is better than what he is. Hopefully he'll have to settle for a league 1 team :lol:

God it's like Play school and I'm always amazed at how fickle fans can be . IMO if Jay was to have played all the Playoff final we would have gone up against Blackpool. He's a quality striker and one that we should be doing our best to hold on too, not let do.
I don't think he's the best or the be and end all, but I rather have in my side that playing against it, I can't help but think the England game screwed his head up a bit though

Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:21 pm

what ever team he signs for give there fans a few weeks and they ll start to realise why bothroyd haven played at a higher level.the lad got bility just a shame his ego got to big,plus if a decision goes against him he s more interested in arguing with the ref when he s not stting on his arse of course after som defender clattred him :lol:

Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:55 pm

you must have more money than sense although jays a decent bloke to be honest i wouldnt take him back here some games are like he is still in the dressing room and others he is dynamite BUT THE BAD GAMES OUTWEIGH THE GOOD ;) :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:56 pm

I think that Jay "Fails to shine when it really matters" is more of a reflection of Dave Jones who "Fails to shine when it really matters". In the end the players really did mirror the manager. I would be happy to see Jay back working with a different manager. Saying that I trust that Mackay has his own ideas and style of play that may not include the likes of Bothroyd.

Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:08 pm

I think J-Bizza's skills are premier class but his discipline is junior school class. You can say "another manager might get the better out of him".........but he's an adult and it shouldn't have to be pointed out to him that as a player he should try and spend more time on his feet than on his.......sorry but the equivalent of throwing tantrums in the average workplace would not get you far!

Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:09 pm

Im a fan of Jay, and I wish him well where ever he plays. Very talented player and would lovew to have him under Milky Milky

Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:09 pm

spot on ab, bothroyd is not mm type of player ,for 14k a week mm will bring in 2/3 hungry young players who will give there all, if malky dont want him i dont want him, (i also think whitts may have to go dont really see him fitting into fast passing midfield who will be expected to tackle and press hard when we dont have the ball)in mm we must trust :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:33 pm

Bondi Bluebird wrote:
DW - Any truth in the rumours that you might be getting both Harry Kewell and Lucas Neill on free transfers as their contracts are up at Galatasaray? Do you reckon these two could cut it in the prem these days or is it a scheme to get a few punters in from The Walkabout in Shepherds Bush? :lol: A few A-League teams are trying to get Kewell back here but he has demanded a few million a season, a percentage of gate receipts, a beach house and also a say in team selection :o Not exactly the way to make yourself popular when the rest of the team is under a salary cap and earns around AUD 100,000 a year!

I think I would prefer to have Harry Hill and Matt Lucas rather than those two ego-inflated idiots. We have had two Australians playing for us before, one Ned Zelic, cost us over a million, bought by Wilkins, was told that he was as versatile as an egg, played one game then cried off saying he couldn't settle in West London, the first f**king Aussie in the history of the world who couldn't settle in West London and we bought him! Chaps that really is typical QPR! :lol:

Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:50 pm

He'll fall over a lot
He'll annoy you
He'll sulk a lot

But he'll probably get you 10 goals in the Premier League.

Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:08 pm

Hope he puts some effort into your club shirt. Not a 100 per center with us unfortunately over the season :(

Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:25 pm

DWQPR wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:Jay wanted from what we were told 3x his wage at Cardiff £7-8k a week,so was looking at £20-£25 k a week.

The 1st figs i gave over were what he wanted,before this year.The £14-£16 is want was given over here about a month ago :?:

Celtic are the bookies FAV to sign JAY AT 1-8 ....QPR are 10-3...this is with SkyBet.

Get your money on TopCat, this ITKer is usually spot on.

Good Call DWQPR - Hope some followed your spot on info :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:28 pm

Primadonner and youre welcome to him. Good luck. Your might need it.