Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Don't Blame Ignorant Fans, Blame the Media

Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:58 pm

I agree with the sentiments of Humphry's post on another thread completely, but in defence of the people walking past, they are largely oblivious to what is going on due to the pathetic coverage in the media. I spoke at length to Steve Tucker (and for all of my contempt and disdain for his paper and his journalistic qualities, he was a top bloke in fairness) at the demo and vented my frustration as to why he and his paper as the sole newspaper in Wales has failed over YEARS not to document the goings on at our club. The likes of Keith (Since62) and many others have done so for the entirity of Ridsdale's reign (and I'm sure before) and even myself for the last few years, my argument to him was if a numpty like me can realise what is going on and occassionally document it in a reasonable way, why the hell hasn't he and his paper done so with what must surely be far superior resources? The people of Wales and Cardiff City fans rely on the media for information, yet the media has failed us for far too long. Were it not for messgae boards of this lik, I would be one of those walking past oblivious to reality just as I was in Sam's era. I understand the frustration with the ignorance of people, but the blame lies firmly at the door of our media.
Last edited by saladthedragon on Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Don't Blame Ignorant Fans, Blame the Media

Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:59 pm

Out of interest, what was Tucker's response? Did he give a whimsical tale or a failed attempt at humour?

Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:00 pm

good post STD, i look like a hooligan with that banner :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:05 pm

Incidentally, here's a nice piece in Terry Phillips' "Ninian Files" section of the Echo today.

"Ben Steele's fleeting visit to South Wales included a night out with Peter Ridsdale plus Cardiff City's major shareholders Paul Guy and Mike Hall.

Guernsey property developer Steele, 32, had a meal in Cardiff Bay and then went to the Park Plaza in the city for further talks.

The night out lasted well into the early hours and Steele promised he was up for a Cardiff City takeover and would move quickly to complete a £40m deal. But he has not yet shown proof he has the funds or taken the deal any farther.

There remains interest from potential investors in America and Malaysia but there appears to be no commitment yet.

Dato Chan Tien Ghee, who has been a leading figure in the Malaysian talks, has been appointed to the board and they have paid a small sum, around £200,000 as a goodwill gesture."

Aside from numerous inaccuracies, ( Tien Ghee a director? Really? ) it not only contradicts Ridsdale with regards to the amount Ghee has invested * it still implies Steele may invest...

* Ooooh, since Terry prints what Peter tells him, could be a falling out there soon.