Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

All these cretins going on strike Thursday......

Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:15 pm

:roll: wake up and smell the f-in coffee....it's bloody hard out here in the real world you know!!.....it's 2011 not the f-in 70's.......stop holding the government to ransom and get to work like the rest of us who have to accept what we get. :roll:

Re: All these cretins going on strike Thursday......

Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:18 pm

Yeah Whooooo No School :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:21 pm

No one really has to put up with it, that's kind of why the country and the world is in the mess its in, in my opinion. :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:22 pm

I bet you haven't got a clue what they are striking about Chief !! But i know i would be pissed off if i had to pay a lot more into my Pension fund and get a lot less from my Pension.

Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:23 pm

Blazing Saddles wrote::roll: wake up and smell the f-in coffee....it's bloody hard out here in the real world you know!!.....it's 2011 not the f-in 70's.......stop holding the government to ransom and get to work like the rest of us who have to accept what we get. :roll:

Idiot

Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:30 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:I bet you haven't got a clue what they are striking about Chief !! But i know i would be pissed off if i had to pay a lot more into my Pension fund and get a lot less from my Pension.

Its because the rates of their pensions and they have to pay more into them

Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:30 pm

Blazing Saddles wrote::roll: wake up and smell the f-in coffee....it's bloody hard out here in the real world you know!!.....it's 2011 not the f-in 70's.......stop holding the government to ransom and get to work like the rest of us who have to accept what we get. :roll:

So you'd be quite happy f you were earning less than £20k per annum but your employer decides you have to pay an additional £70+ per month toward your pension which will, as a result of this wonderful new offer, be worth around 30% less to you when you get it 2 years later than you anticipated :roll:

There was/is a lot of wastage in the public sector but please educate yourself about this dispute first before taking a pot shot at an easy target.

Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:35 pm

Maybe you should get real rather than letting everyone walk over you standing up to what you think is right should be commended.... no one wants to go on strike your right it ain't the 70's and people can't afford to be on strike...

Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:36 pm

I don't think it's fair that I will have to pay £99 per month more into my pension, work until I'm 68 then, provided I live for 25 years after retiring, receive £248,000 less from my pension. That's the reason I'll be striking on thursday!

Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:40 pm

Us in the public sector, whichever branch we may be in, are the ones getting punished for the failings of the bankers and others in the countries elite.

Talk about targetting the weakest

Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:41 pm

n1ckj4y wrote:I don't think it's fair that I will have to pay £99 per month more into my pension, work until I'm 68 then, provided I live for 25 years after retiring, receive £248,000 less from my pension. That's the reason I'll be striking on thursday!

shocking!

Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:42 pm

This has to be a wind up!

This is just the start. The tax and interest rate rises await the everyday people, while the fecking wanking bankers and poloticians ride them again.

It's gonna get a lot worse :old:

Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:43 pm

Johnny Rythmn wrote:

This is just the start. The tax and interest rate rises await the everyday people, while the fecking wanking bankers and poloticians ride them again.

And the Bankers are still wanking all over us :cry:

Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:44 pm

Come on, you say they should stop holding the government to ransom, what the bloody hell do you think the government are doing to the working person

Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:50 pm

I never paid into a pension in my life......I'm off to Majorca on holiday instead, because I got more chance of taking that with me when I leave this life.....my mates old man paid in for 40 years only to be swindled by maxwell......good on the strikers though I'm with them all the way.

Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:50 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
Johnny Rythmn wrote:

And the Bankers are still wanking all over us :cry:

Banking Bukakke :D

Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:53 pm

Blazin' I don't usually disagree too much with you, but on this occasion I must suggest you find your facts out before making such detrimental comment....

Let me explain:

The Government of this country are EXPECTING the public sector workers to bear the brunt of the previous administrations failures (particularly with their handling of the banking failures) whilst PROTECTING THEIR OWN PENSION SCHEMES INTO WHICH THEY PAY NOTHING IN ORDER TO GET LOTS OUT....

Is that fair....?? Certainly not if you are one of the public employees who HAD to join the Public Pensions Scheme when taking up your employment even though it was common knowledge you could get A LOT MORE by investing elsewhere....

These people DIDN'T have a choice and joined their scheme. They HAD to join and HAD to contribute from their weekly wage towards the scheme, albeit with a GUARANTEED PROJECTED PENSION when they retired. They subsequently PLANNED their lives/retirement around these GUARANTEES....

It isn't a massive or obscene amount BUT it SHOULD provide those people (many of whom earned relatively POOR wages in comparison to others in the Private Sector during their working lives) with a reasonable living in their old age. Surely, no one (other than our Government) would seriously begrudge them this??

THEY PAID INTO IT, SO THEY EARNED IT, BUT NOW THE GOALPOSTS ARE BEING MOVED!!

How would YOU feel?? Somehow, I feel you (and many others) wouldn't be sitting back and saying "Ah well, that's ok!!"

Yes, there were/are certain safeguards built within the Public Sector Pension and yes it is an enviable scheme....

But that is NOT the fault of the Public Sector Workers who are in it, any more than anyone elses pension scheme (good or bad) is their fault either....

Changes HAVE ALREADY BEEN MADE TO PUBLIC SECTOR PENSIONS and NEW employees are on a different scheme to their longer serving colleagues. Whilst in an ideal world this wouldn't be the case, it is about as FAIR as it is possible to get....

Why?? Beacause the NEW PEOPLE ENTERING THE SCHEME FROM DAY ONE WOULD KNOW THE RULES THAT APPLIED AND COULD PLAN ACCORDINGLY....

Current proposals for change intend to PENALISE those who have paid into an honest scheme for many many years just to bail out a Government that failed in its duty in the first place.

Sometimes, it s just how it is and we cannot ALL be Public Sector Workers any more than we can be politicians or barristers or top businessmen. Many of their pensions are OBSCENE but do we moan?? No, we don't!! Why?? Because it has NOTHING to do with anyone EXCEPT those within that particular scheme....

These people 'signed up' to their scheme and that same scheme should be honoured in full. If changes ARE to be made then it should be (like in so many other instances) PROACTIVE and NOT REACTIVE....

We CANNOT say that they don't deserve it just because others can't have it, can we?? We all have/had opportunities in life to join pension schemes (public or private) and some will earn a lot more than these people, whist some will have taken the 'other' option and not taken one out at all....

Perhaps we should all club together and give a portion of OUR pensions to them, the same as we give away other things so freely to those who don't work, don't care or simply moan loud enough, eh??

Not for me, mate. I believe that if you work hard and pay into AN AGREED PENSION SCHEME then you DESERVE what you are entitled to in your retirement years....

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:55 pm

A very dodgy buisness these Pensions,especially after Corus workers were swindled out of there's. At the moment mine is Guaranteed by the Government and we have been asured they can't change it. It is also a fantastic death in service one as well that will make my Mrs a very rich Widow :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:56 pm

Sven Ghali wrote:Blazin' I don't usually disagree too much with you, but on this occasion I must suggest you find your facts out before making such detrimental comment....

Let me explain:

The Government of this country are EXPECTING the public sector workers to bear the brunt of the previous administrations failures (particularly with their handling of the banking failures) whilst PROTECTING THEIR OWN PENSION SCHEMES INTO WHICH THEY PAY NOTHING IN ORDER TO GET LOTS OUT....

Is that fair....?? Certainly not if you are one of the public employees who HAD to join the Public Pensions Scheme when taking up your employment even though it was common knowledge you could get A LOT MORE by investing elsewhere....

These people DIDN'T have a choice and joined their scheme. They HAD to join and HAD to contribute from their weekly wage towards the scheme, albeit with a GUARANTEED PROJECTED PENSION when they retired. They subsequently PLANNED their lives/retirement around these GUARANTEES....

It isn't a massive or obscene amount BUT it SHOULD provide those people (many of whom earned relatively POOR wages in comparison to others in the Private Sector during their working lives) with a reasonable living in their old age. Surely, no one (other than our Government) would seriously begrudge them this??

THEY PAID INTO IT, SO THEY EARNED IT, BUT NOW THE GOALPOSTS ARE BEING MOVED!!

How would YOU feel?? Somehow, I feel you (and many others) wouldn't be sitting back and saying "Ah well, that's ok!!"

Yes, there were/are certain safeguards built within the Public Sector Pension and yes it is an enviable scheme....

But that is NOT the fault of the Public Sector Workers who are in it, any more than anyone elses pension scheme (good or bad) is their fault either....

Changes HAVE ALREADY BEEN MADE TO PUBLIC SECTOR PENSIONS and NEW employees are on a different scheme to their longer serving colleagues. Whilst in an ideal world this wouldn't be the case, it is about as FAIR as it is possible to get....

Why?? Beacause the NEW PEOPLE ENTERING THE SCHEME FROM DAY ONE WOULD KNOW THE RULES THAT APPLIED AND COULD PLAN ACCORDINGLY....

Simple as :old: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Current proposals for change intend to PENALISE those who have paid into an honest scheme for many many years just to bail out a Government that failed in its duty in the first place.

Sometimes, it s just how it is and we cannot ALL be Public Sector Workers any more than we can be politicians or barristers or top businessmen. Many of their pensions are OBSCENE but do we moan?? No, we don't!! Why?? Because it has NOTHING to do with anyone EXCEPT those within that particular scheme....

These people 'signed up' to their scheme and that same scheme should be honoured in full. If changes ARE to be made then it should be (like in so many other instances) PROACTIVE and NOT REACTIVE....

We CANNOT say that they don't deserve it just because others can't have it, can we?? We all have/had opportunities in life to join pension schemes (public or private) and some will earn a lot more than these people, whist some will have taken the 'other' option and not taken one out at all....

Perhaps we should all club together and give a portion of OUR pensions to them, the same as we give away other things so freely to those who don't work, don't care or simply moan loud enough, eh??

Not for me, mate. I believe that if you work hard and pay into AN AGREED PENSION SCHEME then you DESERVE what you are entitled to in your retirement years....

Simple as :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:57 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:A very dodgy buisness these Pensions,especially after Corus workers were swindled out of there's. At the moment mine is Guaranteed by the Government and we have been asured they can't change it. It is also a fantastic death in service one as well that will make my Mrs a very rich Widow :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fake your death now and cash in :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:59 pm

Is there any one else on strike apart from the Teachers ?

Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:02 pm

My other half has been lucky enough to get a teaching position at a local school she really wanted, I cant say the same for her uni mates who cant even get an interview...if these people wanna strike then sack em, plenty of hungry, talented young teachers out there.

Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:06 pm

baseboy007 wrote:My other half has been lucky enough to get a teaching position at a local school she really wanted, I cant say the same for her uni mates who cant even get an interview...if these people wanna strike then sack em, plenty of hungry, talented young teachers out there.

tut tut , what a mug :old:

Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:10 pm

brick1964 wrote:I never paid into a pension in my life......I'm off to Majorca on holiday instead, because I got more chance of taking that with me when I leave this life.....my mates old man paid in for 40 years only to be swindled by maxwell......good on the strikers though I'm with them all the way.

me neither, im 33 dont even have a pension... im just saving my cash and reducing my mortgage each yr, when im ready to retire i will, sell up and move abroad...

Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:10 pm

Its ok to just call me a mug is it? f*cking jar.

Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:12 pm

baseboy007 wrote:Its ok to just call me a mug is it? f*cking jar.

Fecking Tankard nah Goblet is better
Last edited by Johnny Rythmn on Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:13 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:A very dodgy buisness these Pensions,especially after Corus workers were swindled out of there's. At the moment mine is Guaranteed by the Government and we have been asured they can't change it. It is also a fantastic death in service one as well that will make my Mrs a very rich Widow :lol: :lol: :lol:

I agree it's a 'dodgy' buisness, mate and this isn't having a go at you. I just feel VERY strongly about what this Government (and the last) are doing to people who have paid into the Public Pension Scheme for many years in GOOD FAITH....

I felt EXACTLY the same when the Government FAILED to sort out the Allied Steel pensions business (when it was THEIR fault the steel industry declined in the first place) some years ago....

Not sure what you do for a living BUT if you ARE in a Government Pension scheme of ANY description then they CAN (and probably will) make changes....

The only pensions that are currently being talked about as even remotely safe are those of the police, fire and armed services AND THERE IS A CATCH THERE because they are only talking of guaranteeing the existing pensions of NEWER members of each service that were subject to big changes (prior to their joining) in recent years....

Those who were ALREADY in service/employment were left on their original schemes (many of which allowed retirement earlier IN EXCHANGE FOR HIGHER CONTRIBUTIONS TO BALANCE THE BOOKS) and it is THEY that the Government are now targeting and reneging on previous agreements....

They would be FORCED to pay HIGHER contributions (up to 17% of their wages) and LONGER working lives with LESS REWARD at the end of their careers....

VASTLY EXPERIENCED PEOPLE in ALL these services (and probably others) are calling it a day and retiring well before they intended in order to PROTECT themselves from these pension attacks and others are being FORCED OUT BY PROFESSIONAL BEAN-COUNTERS as they try to 'balance the books' with NO thought to 9a) the people involved or (b) the consequences of stripping each service of these experienced operators with NO INTENTION OF REPLACING THEM ONE-FOR-ONE EVEN WITH CHEAPER LESS EXPERIENCED PEOPLE....

Bleat over on this subject.... :lol:

Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:13 pm

Johnny Rythmn wrote:

Tankard

I would say he is a right Beaker :lol: :lol:

Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:15 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
Johnny Rythmn wrote:

Tankard

I would say he is a right Beaker :lol: :lol:

I heard gives a good goblet :lol:
Last edited by Johnny Rythmn on Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:16 pm

Johnny Rythmn wrote:

Tankard

Ill pretend I didn't google that....brandy snifter