Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: All these cretins going on strike Thursday......

Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:16 am

Big Boss Man wrote:Hardly a un-biased source. I've never read that in a newspaper. I don't believe that to be true.

Labour have already destroyed pensions schemes linked to the stock market.

At least he bothered to provide a source.
I'm still waiting for yours - claiming that 96% of GDP is created by the banks. :lol:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:24 am

So any shitty source will do?

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/arti ... -Mile.html

http://www.mortgagestrategy.co.uk/econo ... 68.article

Will they do for now?

Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:42 am

Big Boss Man wrote:So any shitty source will do?

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/arti ... -Mile.html

http://www.mortgagestrategy.co.uk/econo ... 68.article

Will they do for now?

It would help if either of those sources mentioned your mythic 96fucking% GDP.
Neither do as far as I can see, they just state the feckin obvious.

Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:52 am

I get it, you are just being anal.

Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:01 am

Big Boss Man wrote:I get it, you are just being anal.

Haha, you really are a tw*t.
You spouted that 96% figure numerous times as if it was a well known fact, when it's clearly bollocks.
You can't find a source as you don't have one.

The only person here being anal is you, and that's mostly about your dream boy Shearer.

Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:05 am

It's not bullshit.

Feel free to show then that London and the finance centre does not bring in 96%.

f*cking retard.

Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:28 am

Big Boss Man wrote:It's not bullshit.

Feel free to show then that London and the finance centre does not bring in 96%.

f*cking retard.

You said the banks.
London AND the finance centre is completely different, or can't you tell the difference?
I live and work in London, yet suprise suprise I don't work for a bank or the financial sector.
Keep back tracking back to where you came from.

Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:32 am

Eplain the diffenernce.

I would love to here how the banks and finacial sector are not depentant on each other.

Your time starts now...........

Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:49 am

Big Boss Man wrote:Eplain the diffenernce.

I would love to here how the banks and finacial sector are not depentant on each other.

Your time starts now...........

What?

You said London AND the financial sector! I was responding to that, LONDON is more than just the City of London/Canary Wharf financial sector. Make your f*cking mind up.

If you are talking about London as a whole including its financial sector then 96% is plausible if a little far fetched.
If you are talking about just the financial sector including banks then I'm sorry without evidence I think you are talking out of your arse......yet again.

Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:10 pm

Taliesin wrote:As far as I know the public pays 16.5% of a teacher's wages into the pension fund (if it actually exists) and the teacher's pay another 6.5%. As the wages increase above inflation (and even if there's no basic increase there can be regrading) and as life expectancy increases then what was once adequate is no longer so. Either the teachers, like the rest of us, retire later and have lower pension increases (very few people outside the public sector receive index linked pensions) or more money has to be paid over. And many people do not see why they should pay more to maintain someone else's pension while they are going to get less out of their own. In the end the government will force us to fund the shortfall in public sector pensions but won't let us know what it is. Probably because we wouldn't sleep at night then.

The teachers are being taken in isolation here because it is they who are mainly out on strike on Thursday....

Other Public Sector Workers pay differing rates according to their roles/lengths of active employment and SOME pay a lot more than a 6% share into the pot....

For example, the emergency services (police, fire, etc.) currently pay 11% of their weekly wage into their pension pot because they traditionally retire earlier than other Public Sector Employees. However, in the interests of fact, I must emphasise that the contributions of NEW MEMBERS of their scheme have recently been reduced slightly in exchange for a considerably longer working life....

There are moves afoot by this Government to push the existing members contributions up to between 15% and 17% of their weekly wage (depending on their rank/role etc) whilst still expecting them to work LONGER and get LESS at the end....

I'm not having a go at the teachers here (I am a qualified teacher myself, although I am not in main streme education) but simply pointing out that the issue is far more complicated than it looks and that SOME are paying more than others into said pot....

What makes it worse is that SOME (certain politicians and Government Officials) are in NON-CONTRIBUTORY PENSION SCHEMES ans will get out a LOT more than the workers they are now looking to screw....

I am personally behind the people who FEEL that they are being 'tucked up' over pensions and wish them well....

We CANNOT argue that "it is ok because others don't have similar schemes" because THESE WERE THE SCHEMES AGREED MANY YEARS AGO WITH GOVERNMENTS AT THAT TIME AND SHOULD NOT BE RENEGED ON JUST BECAUSE THEY ARE AN EASY TARGET....

Get behind these people (peacefully, of course!! :ayatollah: ) because it might just be YOU the blighters attack next....

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:55 pm

And they want you to retire at 66 when you should be at 60.
And that only just makes up for the pension.

Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:28 am

Inset day....Monday 4/7..... more pain for parents !!!!!

Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:31 pm

nerd wrote:
ELY BOY wrote:I think it's pretty obvious that you are not affected by the government cuts which you think gives you the moral high ground.

LMFAO.

It's not like the private sector have been hit at all whilst the public sector had a cushier number, eh?

You didn't complain when the private sector was being hit, did you?

The silence from the unions was deafening when Labour taxed the arse of the Private sector pension schemes, in fact they punished them for their efficency.
As for the Public sector having pay freezes, I sympathise but I've been there. We had it for 3 years in a row.
We asked the union for help but were told any action we took would be illegal. Basically a case of dont rock the boat, our Bum chums are running the country Blood sucking hypocrites!