Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: All these cretins going on strike Thursday......

Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:18 pm

Tankard[/quote]
I would say he is a right Beaker :lol: :lol: [/quote]

I heard he likes to goblet :lol:[/quote]
And if he carries on like that he is gonna take a Tumbler

Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:19 pm

baseboy007 wrote:
Johnny Rythmn wrote:
baseboy007 wrote:Its ok to just call me a mug is it? f*cking jar.

Tankard

Ill pretend I didn't google that....brandy snifter

shut it half pint :lol:

Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:21 pm

Ha he aint got no Bottle

Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:23 pm

What a cocktail glass! You and your mason jar don't need to tag team or threaten me with a tumbler...I know a shot glass that knows coffee mug...so be careful. :D

Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:24 pm

baseboy007 wrote:What a cocktail glass! You and your mason jar don't need to tag team or threaten me with a tumbler...I know a shot glass that knows coffee mug...so be careful. :D

Nice one me old CHINA

Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:26 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
baseboy007 wrote:What a cocktail glass! You and your mason jar don't need to tag team or threaten me with a tumbler...I know a shot glass that knows coffee mug...so be careful. :D

Nice one me old CHINA

Tushay! That's not a glass BTW. :lol: :lol:

Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:28 pm

baseboy007 wrote:My other half has been lucky enough to get a teaching position at a local school she really wanted, I cant say the same for her uni mates who cant even get an interview...if these people wanna strike then sack em, plenty of hungry, talented young teachers out there.

OK, I lied....

Just HAD to reply to this one....

Simple words: ABSOLUTELY UNBELIEVABLE STATEMENT!!

Just wait until you (and your missus) edge towards your retirement and you are planning your future KNOWING what financial reward was coming from all those years of paying into your pension. Then, some politician comes along and says: "Wait, we've fecked up here and need to find some easy cash quickly. Hmmm, I know, we'll fleece the old timers again and get them to pay more, work longer and get less at the end of their careers. Hopefully, they'll all die the day BEFORE they retire and we can save ourselves paying out ANYTHING at all...."

I'm sure you would have something VASTLY different to say than your statement above....

Old age will come to us all and if you think it's ok to fleece the people who built the foundations on which we all stand on (metaphorically speaking) then you are naive indeed....

It is by standing by and letting others (in this case politicians) do what they want when they want that has got this country in the state that it is....

Too many people too lazy or too tired to be arsed to let others know they are not going to be walked over....

The world DOESN'T owe anyone a living but I'm damned sure that those who worked all their lives DESERVE what was PROMISED to them when they started....

To think otherwise is morally wrong and indicative of the way TOO MANY people think these days....

Maybe you should take a look at yourself....

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:28 pm

baseboy007 wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:

Nice one me old CHINA

Tushay! That's not a glass BTW. :lol: :lol:

Ya nothing but a pouse :lol:

Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:31 pm

Sven Ghali wrote:
baseboy007 wrote:My other half has been lucky enough to get a teaching position at a local school she really wanted, I cant say the same for her uni mates who cant even get an interview...if these people wanna strike then sack em, plenty of hungry, talented young teachers out there.

OK, I lied....

Just wait until you (and your missus) edge towards your retirement and you are planning your future KNOWING what financial reward was coming from all those years of paying into your pension. Then, some politician comes along and says: "Wait, we've fecked up here and need to find some easy cash quickly. Hmmm, I know, we'll fleece the old timers again and get them to pay more, work longer and get less at the end of their careers. Hopefully, they'll all die the day BEFORE they retire and we can save ourselves paying out ANYTHING at all...."

I'm sure you would have something VASTLY different to say than your statement above....

Old age will come to us all and if you think it's ok to fleece the people who built the foundations on which we all stand on (metaphorically speaking) then you are naive indeed....

It is by standing by and letting others (in this case politicians) do what they want when they want that has got this country in the state that it is....

Too many people too lazy or too tired to be arsed to let others know they are not going to be walked over....

The world DOESN'T owe anyone a living but I'm damned sure that those who worked all their lives DESERVE what was PROMISED to them when they started....

To think otherwise is morally wrong and indicative of the way TOO MANY people think these days....

wine wine wine wine wine!

Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:33 pm

This thread has opened a right CAN of worms Chiefs :lol:

Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:35 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:This thread has opened a right CAN of worms Chiefs :lol:

Tut! You're a barrell of laughs you are, aint ya?

Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:35 pm

Sven Ghali wrote:

OK, I lied....

Listen, I never say anything with too much much intensity on here. I reply to things loosely, knowing that literally sacking off teachers is NOT the answer or fair. Obviously its hard to judge a character on here so sorry if that came across in the wrong way...I cannot argue with your post and neither do I disagree. On the flip side, whats it like to own your own home?? We will probably have enough for a deposit in 2030. :lol: :lol:

Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:37 pm

Johnny Rythmn wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:This thread has opened a right CAN of worms Chiefs :lol:

Tut! You're a barrell of laughs you are, aint ya?

The glass is always half empty with you never half full.

Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:38 pm

baseboy007 wrote:
Sven Ghali wrote:

OK, I lied....

Listen, I never say anything with too much much intensity on here. I reply to things loosely, knowing that literally sacking off teachers is NOT the answer or fair. Obviously its hard to judge a character on here so sorry if that came across on the wrong way...I cannot argue with you post and neither do I disagree. On the flip side, whats like to own your own home?? We will probably have enough for a deposit in 2030. :lol: :lol:

Well that puts a lid on it :old:

Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:50 pm

But seriously, its shit at both ends of the age spectrum. Im barely paying all the bills in our rented accom and my partner is saving for a deposit, its a feeble attempt as a deposit for a suitable family home where we live requires a deposit of around 20k....i remember hearing my dad say once he paid a few thousand for his home. We are lucky to have good jobs and with good planning and tight budgeting we'll get there, but what about less fortunate people...they'll rent all their lives with know real assets to show of at the end.

I personally think the government should force the banks to contribute at least 15% towards the cost of new home owners mortgages (to replace end of year bonuses). Only if the world worked the way I wanted it to aye.

Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:28 pm

I'm really downcast about the pension saga.

From my understanding when you put into a pension be it private or a government one it is not like a bank account where the money stays put. No, your pension is going to rely on how many people are working when you retire. You see it is the present workers that are paying for our old age pensioners now. So when we all retire it will be the youngsters paying ours.

So to have a decent pension we need a good workforce. That is the problem we face. Britain as an economy is stuffed with all the work going abroad resulting in less taxes to support a pension scheme. This is why the governement, Labour as well as the coalition, allow the banks to get away with murder as the banks produce more tax than the workforce.

The only way most of us on here are going to have a decent pension is for Britain to go into total smeltdown. That is our wage structures crashing resulting in inflation stopping and common commodites falling in price. This will result in the workforce growing through cheap labour. A vicious circle indeed but as usual some will become rich through it, most likely the politicians.

Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:20 am

Blazing Saddles wrote::roll: wake up and smell the f-in coffee....it's bloody hard out here in the real world you know!!.....it's 2011 not the f-in 70's.......stop holding the government to ransom and get to work like the rest of us who have to accept what we get. :roll:

I live in the real world am self employed and got 2 tidy blokes with families working for me......despite the strike having an adverse effect on my business i`m with them all the way,we`ve got to stand up for ourselves against the tory bast***s if the working people of this country dont then who will?

Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:56 am

Forget for a moment WHY they are striking

But look at the Government, opposition, British media and press nowadays...

They all round on the Unions and call them greedy, workshy, spoilt bastards...

and the majority of British people who read the Sun agree with them, the
facts dont count.

throw enough mud and itll stick

its called brainwashing

The Establishment is shitting on the working man, big time. But has manipulated
the masses to such an extent that no matter what a man does to fight for his rights...

he's a wrong un.

there's loads on the dole that could do that job blah blah blah

... wake up and smell the coffee folks

Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:53 am

wise up and get a focking life, don't tell me your an MP???? Most of which are thieving bast@rds!!!!! Or u don't work and have chosen not too, to bum off the state!!! How can u say this statement fool??

Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:21 am

Blazing Saddles wrote::roll: wake up and smell the f-in coffee....it's bloody hard out here in the real world you know!!.....it's 2011 not the f-in 70's.......stop holding the government to ransom and get to work like the rest of us who have to accept what we get. :roll:

so what work do you do then and will there be a pension waiting for you as it currently stands at age 65 ???

Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:25 am

"Working man"?

Dear god. It's not the 70's. There was a reason Labour was unelectable...

Hands up those complaining when the private sector was affected to a far, far greater degree over the same issue. what's that? Nobody said a peep?

Interesting.

Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:01 am

A huge bonus for public sector workers in the past was the pension. New public sector workers don't get the same pension.

But it's also a main outlay for the public sector and it can't continue.

Same with 'job finish' etc......

Take away 'Job Finish' and the pension plan then the public sector only has extra holiday time as an advantage over the private sector.

Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:03 am

Nuclearblue wrote:I bet you haven't got a clue what they are striking about Chief !! But i know i would be pissed off if i had to pay a lot more into my Pension fund and get a lot less from my Pension.

I suppose it ok then for us taxpayers to stump up the extra so that public sector workers can have a big fat pension, welcome to the real world

Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:13 am

Igovernor wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:I bet you haven't got a clue what they are striking about Chief !! But i know i would be pissed off if i had to pay a lot more into my Pension fund and get a lot less from my Pension.

I suppose it ok then for us taxpayers to stump up the extra so that public sector workers can have a big fat pension, welcome to the real world

Some of it gets paid by the civil servants themselves and they are being made to pay more and work longer to get less ..... if you want facts and figures I suggest you contact Mark Serwotka at the PCS Union and ask him for the figures !

Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:16 am

Igovernor wrote:

Hmmmmm... A fireman works for thirty years risking life and limb, pays into his pension fund
knowing its his nest egg for his retirement. Then the government he 'works' for turn round and
say sorry mate, we've fucked the country up, your pension is gone.

How very dare he put up a fight

Anyone who genuinely believes this country is 'skint' knows f**k all about the World Economy.

In a nutshell, what Britain is saying is that it owes (for instance) £500 billion, and must make
cuts in order that the Country doesnt go bankrupt.. its like having a 25yr mortgage and
crippling yourself to get it paid off in 5 yrs. Nobody is chasing Britain for money :lol: :lol: :lol:

Its all part of a plan to f**k the Public service Sector off (cos they are protected by the unions)

in a few years time, when your house is on fire, and a gang of Iraqi's turn up in a mini-bus with
buckets of water and a couple of fire extinguishers (Netto, special offer) you can be safe in the
knowledge that they wont be 'crippling' Britain with extravagant pension demands

Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:22 am

Yeah. I'll go and ask the Union for their honest and un baised opinion.......

But the banks!!!!!!

The banks generate most the UK wealth. 96% of the UK GDP comes from London.

The public sector pension scheme is a monster that needs to be dealt with.

The public sector can't go on strike and complain.

The private sector could do f**k all when private sector schemes lost billions and labour even f*cking taxed those schemes before they lost billions.

Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:25 am

taffyapple wrote:
Igovernor wrote:

Hmmmmm... A fireman works for thirty years risking life and limb, pays into his pension fund
knowing its his nest egg for his retirement. Then the government he 'works' for turn round and
say sorry mate, we've fucked the country up, your pension is gone.

How very dare he put up a fight

Anyone who genuinely believes this country is 'skint' knows f**k all about the World Economy.

In a nutshell, what Britain is saying is that it owes (for instance) £500 billion, and must make
cuts in order that the Country doesnt go bankrupt.. its like having a 25yr mortgage and
crippling yourself to get it paid off in 5 yrs. Nobody is chasing Britain for money :lol: :lol: :lol:

Its all part of a plan to f**k the Public service Sector off (cos they are protected by the unions)

in a few years time, when your house is on fire, and a gang of Iraqi's turn up in a mini-bus with
buckets of water and a couple of fire extinguishers (Netto, special offer) you can be safe in the
knowledge that they wont be 'crippling' Britain with extravagant pension demands

Still talking complete shite. After what Carl posted you were wrong about Shearer.

They don't lose what they pay in. The Govt can't match and stick to the deal.

In the public sector your payments are mactched by your employer.

That doesn't happen in the private sector. Your employer won't match what you have paid in.

Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:27 am

My employer pays in 3% of my salary and I pay nothing unless I want to top up in the furure !

Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:31 am

LOL! 3%!

Enjoy the rest of your life! You gonna live like a f*cking king!

Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:34 am

Big Boss Man wrote:LOL! 3%!

Enjoy the rest of your life! You gonna live like a f*cking king!

Ive got my Armed Forces Pension scheme to top it up when Im aged 60 for serving 12 years in the RAF ..... Ive got another 15 or so years left in work yet plus Ive got pension schemes from ALL my old employers too ...... better than the DOLE mate !