Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: All these cretins going on strike Thursday......

Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:21 pm

Big Boss Man wrote:You do know that we are in this mess due to people failing to make re-payments and your answer is to do that on a global scale?

That would start another monster crash. Much bigger than the last one.

And do you also know 96% of our GDP is based around the banks?

f*cking hell!!!!

It's just like a car re-payments......LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What are you doing here? Get on the first plan to Greece and tell them that no one will be knocking on the door!

My point about manufacturing was in reply to someone else, has nothing to do with the finance sector taking over, way over your head as usual though.

And again I'll ask, where do you keep getting the figure of 96% of our GDP coming from the banks?
Saying that, I've just noticed you've changed it to being based around the banks which is more plausible due to them loaning businesses money, but that doesn't mean they have created 96% of this countries wealth. If that was true we'd be fucked. More than that it would've been impossible to bail them out.

Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:28 pm

taffyapple wrote:
Big Boss Man wrote:No, you don't understand global economics.

Did you just try and compare it do a f*cking car loan? f*cking HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its as simple as that

Who exactly is putting the squeeze on The UK??
Nobody is.
Britains credit rating (if you like) is no worse now than it was 10 years ago.
that is a fact.
If this country was on the verge of going under :lol: :lol:
Do you really think we would be still giving billions away in economic aid??

Its POLITICS, Its always politics. Everything is Politics.

Stop posting.

Get on the first plan to Greece.

They need your help.

Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:31 pm

CF14-SE14 wrote:
Big Boss Man wrote:You do know that we are in this mess due to people failing to make re-payments and your answer is to do that on a global scale?

f*cking hell!!!!

What are you doing here? Get on the first plan to Greece and tell them that no one will be knocking on the door!

My point about manufacturing was in reply to someone else, has nothing to do with the finance sector taking over, way over your head as usual though.

And again I'll ask, where do you keep getting the figure of 96% of our GDP coming from the banks?
Saying that, I've just noticed you've changed it to being based around the banks which is more plausible due to them loaning businesses money, but that doesn't mean they have created 96% of this countries wealth. If that was true we'd be fucked. More than that it would've been impossible to bail them out.

It went over your dumb head.

That post wasn't even aimed at you.

Do a bit of re-search.

Google is your friend.

And no, small business loans has nothing to do with it.

If you were keeping up to date with the news you would know that the Govt want the banks to lend more to small business - That was part of the bail out deal.

London is the finance center of the world. The banks are vital.

Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:32 pm

Big Boss Man wrote:
taffyapple wrote:

Did you just try and compare it do a f*cking car loan? f*cking HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its as simple as that

Who exactly is putting the squeeze on The UK??
Nobody is.
Britains credit rating (if you like) is no worse now than it was 10 years ago.
that is a fact.
If this country was on the verge of going under :lol: :lol:
Do you really think we would be still giving billions away in economic aid??

Its POLITICS, Its always politics. Everything is Politics.

Stop posting.

Get on the first plan to Greece.

They need your help.

I think the majority of posters on here would rather read his posts than your repetitive rants.
Big Boss Man - My arse

Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:34 pm

Big Boss Man wrote:
CF14-SE14 wrote:

f*cking hell!!!!

It went over your dumb head.

That post wasn't even aimed at you.

Do a bit of re-search.

Google is your friend.

And no, small business loans has nothing to do with it.

If you were keeping up to date with the news you would know that the Govt want the banks to lend more to small business - That was part of the bail out deal.

London is the finance center of the world. The banks are vital.

Then why quote me you tart.
Google is not my friend, more importantly it's blocked in work, it's also not a valid source of facts.
I know the banks have been told to lend more to small businesses, I also know that they have failed to keep their side of the bargain.

Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:36 pm

You can both talk shite together.

Rants? LOL.

It's not my fault you don't have a f*cking clue.

Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:36 pm

CHINA RULES THE WAVES NOW BUT THE IMPORTANT WAVES ARE NOT MADE OF WATER THESE DAY :old:

Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:39 pm

Big Boss Man wrote:You can both talk shite together.

Rants? LOL.

It's not my fault you don't have a f*cking clue.

Says the man who has yet to say anything apart from the banks saved the world. Get a grip

Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:44 pm

Let's make this clear.

I'm not pro banks.

BUT.......

I understand that they got us by the balls.

And we need them.

We got rid of our factories.

Germany and the Yanks still build and export.

We have put everyone of our eggs in one basket.

Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:47 pm

Big Boss Man wrote:Let's make this clear.

I'm not pro banks.

BUT.......

I understand that they got us by the balls.

And we need them.

We got rid of our factories.

Germany and the Yanks still build and export.

We have put everyone of our eggs in one basket.

Funnily enough I agree with every word of that. :lol:
And it doesn't make pretty reading.

Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:57 pm

And Johnny is right.

If China wanted to call in it's US debts then it would be the end of the world as we know it - it would make the 1930s crash look like a normal day.

Classic Britain.

We went to the extreme.

Think about what Germany makes and exports.....

Have a look at this list -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:M ... of_Germany

Then think what we make and export. f**k all!

It's a myth that we have a choice to bail out the banks.

Who would fill the void? Rover?

Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:27 pm

It was a very simple analogy.

Britain owes a lot of money.

They are telling us we are deep in the shit and have to give up things, tighten
our belts and work harder and longer for less, or we're all fucked

things aint that bad, but they are using the current climate to their advantage.

Lots of people believe them, lots dont.

I cannot get into a debate with someone who believes Alan Shearer is the greatest
human being who ever walked the earth :lol: :lol:

Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:36 pm

n1ckj4y wrote:I don't think it's fair that I will have to pay £99 per month more into my pension, work until I'm 68 then, provided I live for 25 years after retiring, receive £248,000 less from my pension. That's the reason I'll be striking on thursday!

me too mate.. shocking!!! :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:34 pm

supercoops wrote:
n1ckj4y wrote:I don't think it's fair that I will have to pay £99 per month more into my pension, work until I'm 68 then, provided I live for 25 years after retiring, receive £248,000 less from my pension. That's the reason I'll be striking on thursday!

Well said, Supercoops....

It took me several paragraphs to get the point across that THEY (the thieving Government) are STEALING YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY whislt reducing state pensions and making you work longer in the hope you'll expeire BEFORE any of it is due....

Not too much for people to understand really, is there....??

Good luck mate....
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:56 pm

Blazing Saddles wrote::roll: wake up and smell the f-in coffee....it's bloody hard out here in the real world you know!!.....it's 2011 not the f-in 70's.......stop holding the government to ransom and get to work like the rest of us who have to accept what we get. :roll:

cock

Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:36 pm

Sven Ghali wrote:
supercoops wrote:

Well said, Supercoops....

It took me several paragraphs to get the point across that THEY (the thieving Government) are STEALING YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY whislt reducing state pensions and making you work longer in the hope you'll expeire BEFORE any of it is due....

Not too much for people to understand really, is there....??
Sven
these were the words of another poster, i agree totally and will be on strike thursday, at the end of the day this is my future i investeds in.
For them to try and move the goal posts now is scandolus. :ayatollah:

Good luck mate....
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:49 pm

First post here, but the OP has really got me riled!! :evil:

Let's not also forget that all public sector workers have already been hit on a 2 year pay freeze. :cry:

Let's not also forget the working tax credits (the old 'Married Man's Allowance) has also been scrapped. It seems that the working person (public and private sector) has to pay the price for slogging our guts out to get to the positions we are in only to be penalised for it!!

Both my wife and I are teachers and this proposed move will hit us by more than £200 per month and £40 for the tax credits. Let's also include the raise in National Insurance Contributions and VAT (which I realise has hit all workers)

This is not what any public sector worker signed up for and our pension agreement should be honoured as the previous government did 3 years ago when they too hacked away at our pensions.

As a final statement, let's not also forget that for every £1 that goes out in public sector pensions, £2.50 goes out to fund the deficit in private sector pensions. So why is it that the public sector is hit?

Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:16 pm

That final statement is total shite.

The Govt does not put in £2.50 in for every pound they spend on public sector pensions.

Where did you get that from?

Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:48 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:I bet you haven't got a clue what they are striking about Chief !! But i know i would be pissed off if i had to pay a lot more into my Pension fund and get a lot less from my Pension.

Exactly.

Two successive governments have been dipping into the civil service/teachers pension pot to pay for other things. Now they have a huge hole to make up. That's the real issue as far as i can tell. (Feel free to correct me if my understanding is wrong.)

The funny thing is, they tell us that they don't have money for these peoples retirements, but they can afford to spend hundreds of billions of pounds, and countless lives on war.

Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:24 pm

Big Boss Man wrote:That final statement is total shite.

The Govt does not put in £2.50 in for every pound they spend on public sector pensions.

Where did you get that from?

From the NASUWT website. I quote from this: -

"In fact, for every £1 public service workers and other taxpayers pay towards the modest pension of a nurse or a teacher, £2.50 is paid to support the gap left in private sector schemes by those employers who fail to provide decent occupational pensions for their workers and to offset the pension tax relief of the top 1% of high earners in this country."

Link here: -

http://www.nasuwt.org.uk/PayPensionsand ... /index.htm

And for the record, I'm not one of the 'cretins' that are striking, but they sure do have my every ounce of support!!

Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:31 pm

Hardly a un-biased source. I've never read that in a newspaper. I don't believe that to be true.

Labour have already destroyed pensions schemes linked to the stock market.

Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:35 pm

Who started this thread anyway!!?? :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:35 pm

The Govt have not been dipping into public sector pensions.

They simply can't afford to stick to the current public pension scheme.

They have already raised the age from when you can claim your state pension.

Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:37 pm

Big Boss Man wrote:Hardly a un-biased source. I've never read that in a newspaper. I don't believe that to be true.

Neither is what the Government is saying!! [unbiased]

I am sure that if you were told that you had to nearly double your pension payments, pay it for 6 years longer and get less out at the end (at a loss of around £200,000 all told) when you'd been promised otherwise when you started your job, you'd be bouncing too!! ...

... and I'd support you every step of the way!!

Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:40 pm

My pension is already fucked.

I think I'm only going to get £6,000 a year and I've paid in a lot of money - More than a teacher will.

A teacher's pension is around £10,000

So you just posted shite and your response is that the Govt is also talking shite?

Cry me a f*cking river.

Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:43 pm

Big Boss Man wrote:My pension is already fucked.

I think I'm only going to get £6,000 a year and I've paid in a lot of money.

So you just posted shite and your response is that the Govt is also talking shite?

No, I've quoted from a reputable source and responded that it is about as reliable as what the government is saying. The day a government actually gets people on the dole working for that money, whether it be sweeping up the streets or otherwise, is the day I start trusting them on their pledges. I'm convinced that this government promised this in the TV debates .... I'm waiting.

The other point is that, this pension was promised and used as a selling point for people to join the profession and now the government have gone back on it.

Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:56 pm

You quoted a source from a website that is run by a union that is anti-cut backs and has nothing to back up that claim. That is not reputable source. That is not an un-biased source.

And those same Unions would go on strike if dole claimers were sweeping the street as that would be a threat to some of it's members.

Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:28 pm

As far as I know the public pays 16.5% of a teacher's wages into the pension fund (if it actually exists) and the teacher's pay another 6.5%. As the wages increase above inflation (and even if there's no basic increase there can be regrading) and as life expectancy increases then what was once adequate is no longer so. Either the teachers, like the rest of us, retire later and have lower pension increases (very few people outside the public sector receive index linked pensions) or more money has to be paid over. And many people do not see why they should pay more to maintain someone else's pension while they are going to get less out of their own. In the end the government will force us to fund the shortfall in public sector pensions but won't let us know what it is. Probably because we wouldn't sleep at night then.

Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:30 pm

BTW, you do all realise that many councils are paying the wages of their union representatives as well, don't you?

Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:47 pm

Taliesin wrote:As far as I know the public pays 16.5% of a teacher's wages into the pension fund (if it actually exists) and the teacher's pay another 6.5%. As the wages increase above inflation (and even if there's no basic increase there can be regrading) and as life expectancy increases then what was once adequate is no longer so. Either the teachers, like the rest of us, retire later and have lower pension increases (very few people outside the public sector receive index linked pensions) or more money has to be paid over. And many people do not see why they should pay more to maintain someone else's pension while they are going to get less out of their own. In the end the government will force us to fund the shortfall in public sector pensions but won't let us know what it is. Probably because we wouldn't sleep at night then.

Maybe it is fair to pay more in and work longer to receive the pension that I was promised when I started my career as a teacher. However, in the next 28 years, I will pay at least an extra £33000. Then, when I retire, will receive £248000 less. That's not fair!