Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Look out for big spenders

Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:46 pm

Leicester City,

Schmeical, danns joining and mackail-smith may be going there. These are quality players.

Early prediction....Leicester to get promoted....maybe?

Re: Look out for big spenders

Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:47 pm

Cymruguy2011 wrote:Leicester City,

Schmeical, danns and mackail-smith may be going there. These are quality players.

Early prediction....Leicester to get promoted....maybe?

yes but nothings 100% as we saw last year.

Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:51 pm

Very true. We have to be wise and go for quality which I know we are doing. But it's getting the balance right I suppose between splashing the cash and winning instead of trying to buy our way out of this division.

Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:53 pm

Kasper is ok but had his faults, danns almost relegated and smith was relagated.
In truth all good players but won't guarantee anything.

Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:53 pm

Cymruguy2011 wrote:Very true. We have to be wise and go for quality which I know we are doing. But it's getting the balance right I suppose between splashing the cash and winning instead of trying to buy our way out of this division.

i believe its all down to the manager in this league.you got swansea and norwich who had poor teams and tbh QPR's wasnt the best they had 3-4 players who were very good players.
aslong as you got a manager who can fire your players up and tactically good. you got a chance. if you got a good team then your laughing.
thats why i believe this year will be different aslong as we have a big enough team. :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:55 pm

Not with Sven in charge. He's a relic. They've lost quite a few loanees like us though. Vincent Tan is far richer than Mandaric anyway. Keep the faith :-)

Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:29 pm

I see leicester doing very well this term,
top six from the first kick right through to the last...

Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:42 am

I think when we played them last season they had more loans playing then we did, which like us have all gone. They have replaced Yakubu with Mackail-Smith which is not as good, Ricardo with Kasper which is about same. They have lost 2 of their first choice back 4 they need to replace, they still need a lot more signings to be in the hunt for auto's - but I do think they will sign a lot more.

Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:50 am

CityGent wrote:Not with Sven in charge. He's a relic. They've lost quite a few loanees like us though. Vincent Tan is far richer than Mandaric anyway. Keep the faith :-)

he his the sheffield wednesday owner
:? :? :? :?

Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:09 am

CityGent wrote:Not with Sven in charge. He's a relic. They've lost quite a few loanees like us though. Vincent Tan is far richer than Mandaric anyway. Keep the faith :-)

Mandaric left them ages ago. Think he's at Wednesday.

Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:11 am

Leicester have very rich far eastern backers like us now.

Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:55 pm

Thanks for pointing out my ignorance. I'd still rather have our fresh prince of Bellshill compared to Sven though!