Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Pompey in for Whiits

Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:32 am

Todays Daily Mirror are claiming Pompey are in for Whitts 1.5 mill.
Interesting, personally I don't think that will be enough for us to sell, but we may consider if MM decides he wants different

Re: Pompey in for Whiits

Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:33 am

I would bite their hands off for that!!

Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:42 am

Can we throw Mcphail in as well

Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:42 am

I would let him go for that.

Whitts can pick one hell of a pass but can go missing during games. I personally think we should have sold him when he bagged all those goal would have made a great profit on him.

Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:49 am

I still think we could hold out for more tho. Maybe if Foret hear about bid then they will try and beat it, get a bit of an auction going :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:51 am

GarethGardner wrote:Todays Daily Mirror are claiming Pompey are in for Whitts 1.5 mill.
Interesting, personally I don't think that will be enough for us to sell, but we may consider if MM decides he wants different

Gareth, I have heard City will sell if they give most of the £1.5 mill upfront.

Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:56 am

GarethGardner wrote:Todays Daily Mirror are claiming Pompey are in for Whitts 1.5 mill.

Sounds good business to me and if they did offer £1.5mil for him then Id have to say yes :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:29 am

Forever Blue wrote:

Gareth, I have heard City will sell if they give most of the £1.5 mill upfront.

All depends on how ambitous Pompeys new owners are. I like Whitts but dont believe he has the hunger and workrate of what Mackay is looking for. Plenty of better options for free. Have you heard any rumour regarding Tamir Cohen ? Thats what was doing the rounds on facebook last night

Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:32 am

Don't want to sell Whitts, he signed a new contract was one of afew players who looked like they cared at the end of the season. So Malky can you please tell Pompey no thanks :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:48 am

i wouldnt want him to go,of course goes missing in games as we know but still capable of a moment of brilliance,he can still do a job for us.plus well need to replace a nother key player,one who at least genuinely wants to be here,

Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:13 am

Nakedbussurfer wrote:I would bite their hands off for that!!

I would'nt. He's got two years left on his contract. I'd tell Pompey to double their offer or forget it.

Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:37 am

he is our best player and would lose all faith in malkay if he lets him go, at any price !!

Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:01 am

Whitts is a class act at this level, CM is deffo his best position, his vision of passing is well above anybody we have and probz above a lot of players in this league. Personally i whould make him the main playmaker in a 5 man midfiled, with 2 pacey wingers and 2 battlers in the middle with him. Hope he stays :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:19 am

jezzy666 wrote:he is our best player and would lose all faith in malkay if he lets him go, at any price !!

Agree with this :ayatollah:
We also cant let many more players leave as we would litrally have a whole new squad, we need to keep some the plauers who already play as it will help the squad gel together rarther than have a new starting 11 full of 9 new players, my opinion of course :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:34 am

I can't believe we would even contemplate selling a midfield player that's score 36 goals in 2 season, with numerous assists for a small figure of £1.5 m.

I would not sell Whitts at all. Think we need to have him just behind the front 2, so he can pick out his passes.

Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:51 am

We have the smallest squad in the league and Cardiff fans want rid of one of our biggest players deary me :roll:

Question who supplied the most assists to Bellamy?

Answer Whitts

Question who was played out of position this season?

Answer well a lot but Whitts was made to play deep just in front of the back four. Those saying he can't play CM can't know that as he has rarely played there.

2.5 plus player wanting to go maybe, but our squad is so small I wouldn't contemplate selling anyone til Jan.

Typical Cardiff fans though, always need a hate figure.

Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:17 am

If we sell him I will seriously consider not going anymore !

Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:36 am

Will trust Malky's judgement on this, he's more qualified than anyone to make that call. If he stays or goes I'm not particularly bothered. Good player on his day but far too inconsistent for my liking. Plenty of fighters with quality out there that wont get over run in midfield :ayatollah:

Only downer is that we'll be missing a penalty taker :lol:

Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:34 pm

jezzy666 wrote:he is our best player and would lose all faith in malkay if he lets him go, at any price !!

what a silly thing to say :shock: why judge mackay on one player :roll: let the manager do has work :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:57 pm

ok maybe it is a bit blunt but i would be very disapointed in him. we have seen whitts for what...5-6 years now? we all know what he can do and he would be a much bigger loss than chops for this price.....

again just my opinion