Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" LATEST NEWS TO BACK UP YESTERDAYS NEWS "

Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:55 am

South Wales Echo 28th June 2011

.Terry Phillips

Dundee United have agreed a £2m fee with Cardiff for striker David Goodwillie, but that deal may take a little longer if it is to be completed.

Goodwillie is due to appear in Glasgow Sheriff’s Court later this week in relation to an assault charge.

Blackpool and Rangers are also still interested in the hitman, who scored the winner as United beat League of Ireland club Drogheda 2-1 this week.

Certainly, former Cardiff City winger Willo Flood insists Goodwillie would be a big hit for the Bluebirds.

Both players were involved in Dundee United’s 2-1 win against Drogheda and Flood said: “I would recommend Cardiff to Goody.

“It’s a good club and he would enjoy living down there.

“They’ve got a new stadium and training ground. If Cardiff were to earn promotion to the Premiership, football in Wales would hit the roof.”

Highly-rated striker Goodwillie has hit the headlines in Scotland and Flood says: “If I were Goody I would go to play in the English system because at least he would have a life outside of football.

“He could go and enjoy his life and be anonymous and I’m sure that’s what he wants. He doesn’t need all the hassle that comes with being an Old Firm player.

“Fingers crossed he stays with United for the new season, but it’s only a matter of time before a fee is agreed and he’s on his way somewhere.”

While Mackay works on player recruitment, he must also decide on backroom staff to work alongside him.

He was keen on bringing Sean Dyche, his assistant at Watford, with him to South Wales. Dyche, though, was appointed Watford manager.

“We had to interview Sean for the job because if we hadn’t, Cardiff would have taken him,” said Watford chairman Graham Taylor.

“We had to make a quick decision, but it was not a rushed decision. “People might say, ‘What’s he talking about?’ But there is a difference between having to making a quick decision and making a rushed decision,” added Taylor.

“It was well thought through.”

Meanwhile, the Echo understands that three members of Cardiff City's backroom staff, assistant manager Terry Burton, coach Paul Wilkinson and fitness man Alex Armstrong, have been sent out on gardening leave until the end of their contracts.

New members of the coaching staff will be brought in by Mackay.

The club would not make any comment on the situation last night.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=51481 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=51493 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " LATEST NEWS TO BACK UP YESTERDAYS NEWS "

Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:03 am

Perhaps Phillips was in the same checkout queue in Tesco as
Carl when the girls were chatting about it ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:07 am

Dave now the Mirror

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Ca ... 53405.html

Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:10 am

Forever Blue wrote:Dave now the Mirror

f**k me the Mirror were in the same queue as Carl too??

I think they're following him :lol: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Im buzzing about this Goodwillie. We are going to be f*cking awesome to watch this season!!!

Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:23 am

taffyapple wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Dave now the Mirror

f**k me the Mirror were in the same queue as Carl too??

I think they're following him :lol: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Im buzzing about this Goodwillie. We are going to be f*cking awesome to watch this season!!!

:lol: :lol:

The season ahead is really looking exciting :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:33 am

This just goes to show how good the information is that Carl shares with us all it really does show how "Connected" his sources are to the Bluebirds grapevine. Keep it coming Carl. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Annis any news on Earnie :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:43 am

god those rumours :ayatollah: /guesses by carl were awfully accurate :lol: :lol:

Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:04 am

eighty_8 wrote:god those rumours :ayatollah: /guesses by carl were awfully accurate :lol: :lol:

Its just timing.

I go to the same Tesco as Carl and never hear f**k all in the checkout queue.
I think he goes when Mavis J***s and Beryl E***s are on the tills, they cant half
rabbit them two!!... They were the ones that started the rumour about TG
coming here two years ago :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:05 am

So why if clubs have agreeda fee etc does it have to linger on Surely if they were worried about the court case later this week then there could be a clause in the contract to cover some horrible outcome?Without delaying any transfer

Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:18 am

john52 wrote:So why if clubs have agreeda fee etc does it have to linger on Surely if they were worried about the court case later this week then there could be a clause in the contract to cover some horrible outcome?Without delaying any transfer

I think we are starting to realise that the new regime here dont rush into anything.

Cardiff City wont be pushed or forced into anything. Not until we are ready!!

Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:49 am

It was on this message board 1st :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:58 am

bluebird1977 wrote:It was on this message board 1st :ayatollah:

Indeed it was mate. But lets not start all that shite up again eh? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:21 am

taffyapple wrote:
eighty_8 wrote:god those rumours :ayatollah: /guesses by carl were awfully accurate :lol: :lol:

Its just timing.

I go to the same Tesco as Carl and never hear f**k all in the checkout queue.
I think he goes when Mavis J***s and Beryl E***s are on the tills, they cant half
rabbit them two!!... They were the ones that started the rumour about TG
coming here two years ago :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

haha :lol: :D

Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:27 am

john52 wrote:So why if clubs have agreeda fee etc does it have to linger on Surely if they were worried about the court case later this week then there could be a clause in the contract to cover some horrible outcome?Without delaying any transfer

I would find it hard to beleive United would agree to a clause that could see them miss out on a 7 figure sum due to an ex player being jailed or whatever.

I would imagine the delay is to cover any formalities and may be held off until the outcome of Friday.

Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:32 am

PtB wrote:

I would find it hard to beleive United would agree to a clause that could see them miss out on a 7 figure sum due to an ex player being jailed or whatever.

I would imagine the delay is to cover any formalities and may be held off until the outcome of Friday.

No such clause could ever exist!!

Dundee want him to come to us i think (well they'd sooner keep him, but you know what i mean)
Conway/Flood have been raving about Cardiff City to him
Goodwillie wants to come here
Malky wants him here

Job done I think ;) :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:36 am

taffyapple wrote:No such clause could ever exist!!

Dundee want him to come to us i think (well they'd sooner keep him, but you know what i mean)
Malky wants him here

Dave, it's Dundee UNITED :D :lol:

Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:11 am

Great news, hope now he doesn't flop like the rest of the SPL players seem to do.. :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:16 am

ccfc10- wrote:Great news, hope now he doesn't flop like the rest of the SPL players seem to do.. :ayatollah:

Do you mean flop like McNaughton, Quinn, McCormack, Burke :roll:

Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:17 pm

tenerife_blu wrote:
taffyapple wrote:No such clause could ever exist!!

Malky wants him here

Dave, it's Dundee UNITED :D :lol:

Oops :lol:

Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:18 pm

ccfc10- wrote:Great news, hope now he doesn't flop like the rest of the SPL players seem to do.. :ayatollah:

Who can ever forget that Kenny Dalglish feller.

Big 'superstar' in Scotland..

He was SHITE in the English league!!!

Oh, hang on a minute!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:49 pm

Terry just bassicaly copied and pasted everything carl said there :lol:

Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:29 pm

castleblue wrote:This just goes to show how good the information is that Carl shares with us all it really does show how "Connected" his sources are to the Bluebirds grapevine. Keep it coming Carl. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Annis any news on Earnie :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Correct Gary, I just wish the Snipers would lay off Carl :ayatollah:

Earnie is waiting on City if they want him, I have heard he is willing to take £10,000 a week :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:40 pm

I don't think there’s any chance of Earnie getting 10k a week on a 2 or 3 year contract.
it looks as if we are going for young players,
more hungry and more chance of getting a tidy transfer fee if they make the grade. :old:

Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:42 pm

Doesnt appear that Cardiff are that interested to be honest

Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:42 pm

john52 wrote:Doesnt appear that Cardiff are that interested to be honest

It is starting to look that way, but fingers crossed .

Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:17 pm

Cracking news Goodwillie will rip it up

Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:37 pm

any news? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:39 pm

bluebirdsmad123 wrote:any news? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Were waiting patiently :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:40 pm

looks like rangers have given up on goodwillie http://twitter.com/#!/SkySportsMobile and we will know who taylor will pick tmoz surely? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:46 pm

what's the latest on Goodwillie? :ayatollah: