Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

SIGN OF TOP MANAGEMENT

Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:05 am

As mentioned on here previously I am spending the next few weeks in Brighton with Leon Jeanne. Whilst I won't go into any detail regarding their pre season routine, as it is unfair of the club after the lengths they are going to looking after Leon, there are a few things that have struck me. I've watched quite a few sessions at The Vale and DJ was rarely there, If he did come out he would stand on the sideline and not say much. In contrast Poyet is centrally involved in every session, he's screaming, encouraging and motivating all the time and even joins in a lot of the sessions. I was speaking to one of the coaches yesterday who said it's imperative for a manager to be at most sessions, and to be centrally involved, as it stops any of the players trying to run the show. Unfortunately I think that's what happened with us last year, the manager was no where to be seen so the likes of Chopra could take the piss. I'm very impressed with what I've seen here, very good start to pre season! And for those planning the away trip to Brighton you're in for a treat, the new stadium is stunning, looks like a mini Wembley!

Re: SIGN OF TOP MANAGEMENT

Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:25 am

Looking forwards to Brighton immensely :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:41 am

How has Leon done so far ? Is he shining in training ?

Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:47 am

GarethGardner wrote:How has Leon done so far ? Is he shining in training ?

No ball work yet, just running , weights and core. Despite still being slightly overweight he has kept up! They get the ball out this afternoon which I'm looking forward to! Leon found when he came here that he had played at youth level with one of the coaches! He told Gus that in all his years playing and coaching only two players had really blown him away, Joe Cole and Leon Jeanne! It's fair to say there is s lot of excited anticipation at seeing him play here now

Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:51 am

Hes made the South Wales Argus today if you didnt know
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/9108542 ... d/?ref=rss