Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" 1.5 FOR WHITTS? NO WAY!! "

Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:49 am

In my opinion he was the only one who was interested in looking forward in the middle last season

His eye for runs are fantastic, he could just look up and it would go straight to the player

It wasnt his fault that DJ played him out of position last year, so he could repay the hard work he did the season before.

I believe that 1.5m is acceptable, but i would really like him to stay

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: 1.5 FOR WHITTS? NO WAY!!

Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:04 am

I agree here. I think he's one player who deserves a chance under a new manager and a new system. If he proves to be absent still, then we can always ship him next summer when he's only got a year left.

Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:10 am

quality player,wouldnt let him go for double that,he was played out of position alot last season,he has the quality to score goals(35 in last 2 seasons) and create just as many without looking too bothered

Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:12 am

Thank you! I thought I was going mad when I heard people were happy with £1.5m. It's an insult, he's worth way more.
He's got exceptional vision and an incredible left boot. Quality player at this level and it'd be a shame to see him go.

Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:15 am

I also think we should keep Whitts, he kinda underperformed last season, perhaps this one under MM he will shine like he did before

Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:19 am

£1.5m is well below what he's worth. He shouldn't even be sold! He's a brilliant player, and as you said above, DJ played him out of position last season after a successful season at left-mid.

Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:25 am

IMHO I don't think the club will sell (however much they feel the offer is acceptable) as our squad is so 'threadbare'. He's also got 2 years left on his contract, so it's not like with Chopra where we have a choice of selling and getting a decent sum or letting him go for free a year later !

Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:34 am

1.5m Is a joke of an offer.

Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:42 am

2blue2handle wrote:1.5m Is a joke of an offer.

isnt it just.

Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:44 am

quadsas wrote:I also think we should keep Whitts, he kinda underperformed last season, perhaps this one under MM he will shine like he did before

or maybe he overperformed in the previous season. If Malky wants him to stay he'll stay if not 1.5 million is more than enough for him :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:46 am

i dont understand how you can say he overperformed. the boy showed what he's capable of, whitts wasnt the only player who didnt play to their potential last season. the blame can surely only lie at one persons feet...DJ

Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:48 am

1 good season in 4 or 5 years, and people expect 4 million for him :lol:

Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:51 am

blooobirds wrote:1 good season in 4 or 5 years, and people expect 4 million for him :lol:

I know he doesn't have a 25-goal season in him every season, but people will recognise his undoubted quality and what he offers to a side in terms of his goals and creativity.

Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:54 am

blooobirds wrote:1 good season in 4 or 5 years, and people expect 4 million for him :lol:

Ah of course, because playing well doesn't make your value go up does it. :roll:

Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:56 am

Hes the only player at this moment in time who can score outside the box, Its a no brainer to keep him :?

Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:56 am

Dafydd wrote:

Ah of course, because playing well doesn't make your value go up does it. :roll:

From the majority of games I watched last season he was far from "playing well".

Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:59 am

blooobirds wrote:
Dafydd wrote:

From the majority of games I watched last season he was far from "playing well".

REALLY???

peoples opinions on him are baffling me, he is indespensable right now !!

Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:01 pm

blooobirds wrote:
Dafydd wrote:

And what position did you see him playing in? Because for the majority of games last season he certainly wasn't playing where he was supposed to be.

Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:06 pm

i agree one good season and hes slow as shit.. 1.5 million is a deal :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:07 pm

he can play anywhere in midfield. he is very versataille. it all depends on formation and how malky likes to play. if he goes for 5 in the middle ive give whitts a central role. 442 then maybe out wide. remember we dont even have bellamy yet anyway.

Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:08 pm

Dafydd wrote:And what position did you see him playing in? Because for the majority of games last season he certainly wasn't playing where he was supposed to be.

IMO too lightweight for a central midfielder and no pace for a winger. What do you reckon his natural position is? If Malky does decide to keep him I'll support Whitts next season, if not 1.5 million is a good deal :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:16 pm

not every central midfielder has to be a heavyweight to survive in the middle of the park.

Scholes, wiltshere, jenas, macphail to name a few very small players who certainly manage and whitts is no different

Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:24 pm

jezzy666 wrote:not every central midfielder has to be a heavyweight to survive in the middle of the park.

Scholes, wiltshere, jenas, macphail to name a few very small players who certainly manage and whitts is no different

In the centre he has no influence on the game and comparing him to them players is laughable with the exception of McPhail :lol: He doesn't have the ability to drift past players with the ball and it's no coincidence that when he does play in the middle the majority of the time we get overun. Granted he's good technically but that's about it.

Not a attacking midfielder, unable to take on players.
Not a defensive midfielder, not known for his tackling.
Not a winger due to no pace.

He's a luxury player and I'm not sure we can afford to have one of them next season :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:30 pm

No fooking chance. Whitts has to stay.

If it wasn't for Bellamy running his bollocks off, then in my opinion Whitts was our best player, back end of last season.
He was doing the work of 2 men, cos Oli was the one that was going missing.
He is the only one that is looking to pass the ball forward. At least he looks for that killer pass.
Just cos he isn't running around like a fooking loon, then looking at some of the comments on here he's wank.

Still can't believe that people are only seeing Whitts going missing. Shocking, I've witnessed the majority of the soft arse team not turn up.

If we are to get rid of a midfielder then get rid of McPhail. He is slow as fook, and only good on his left side.
McPhail will pass forward once in about 10 passes, and often slows the play down cos he has to do his little turny thing to get the ball on his left foot.

That's my 2 bobs worth..

Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:52 pm

blooobirds wrote:
jezzy666 wrote:not every central midfielder has to be a heavyweight to survive in the middle of the park.

In the centre he has no influence on the game and comparing him to them players is laughable with the exception of McPhail :lol: He doesn't have the ability to drift past players with the ball and it's no coincidence that when he does play in the middle the majority of the time we get overun. Granted he's good technically but that's about it.

Not a attacking midfielder, unable to take on players.
Not a defensive midfielder, not known for his tackling.
Not a winger due to no pace.

He's a luxury player and I'm not sure we can afford to have one of them next season :ayatollah:

Luxury players win you games out of nothing! evey team thats going for promotion needs one! Look at tarratt last year 80% of the matches he played in he did fook alll but then scored a couple of goals out of nothing or would you rather a team of gavin raes who work theyre nuts off but don't have the quality to win you a game! I don't get this argument that you have to have pace to be a good winger especially with the goals and assits hes have over the last two seasons! Think hes been one of if not the top player for assits for two years now! Scored 35 goals in two season for a winger is unheard of! Burke had pace and didn't get half the assits and goals whitts has had yet more people wanted burke to stay and let whitts go? If we have any ambition to get promoted whitts must stay.Think its always the same with us fans always seem to prefer the players whowork theyre nuts of rather than a player who has undoubted quality!

Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:54 pm

Luxury players win you games out of nothing! evey team thats going for promotion needs one! Look at tarratt last year 80% of the matches he played in he did fook alll but then scored a couple of goals out of nothing or would you rather a team of gavin raes who work theyre nuts off but don't have the quality to win you a game! I don't get this argument that you have to have pace to be a good winger especially with the goals and assits hes have over the last two seasons! Think hes been one of if not the top player for assits for two years now! Scored 35 goals in two season for a winger is unheard of! Burke had pace and didn't get half the assits and goals whitts has had yet more people wanted burke to stay and let whitts go? If we have any ambition to get promoted whitts must stay.Think its always the same with us fans always seem to prefer the players whowork theyre nuts of rather than a player who has undoubted quality!

This reply is 100% right and should be the be all and end all off the whitts debate. he stays !!

Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:26 pm

glammy74 wrote:In my opinion he was the only one who was interested in looking forward in the middle last season

His eye for runs are fantastic, he could just look up and it would go straight to the player

It wasnt his fault that DJ played him out of position last year, so he could repay the hard work he did the season before.

Liam, I will tell you all something that I have known for over 2 years and its kinda of very strange, Whitts does not like football its self, he was born gifted and needs someone to push him on and Jones never did, Whitts is actually a roll model,does not act like an idiot away from football and gives 100% on the pitch, but he needs to have someone to steer him, just maybe Mackly can make him a £3 Mill player this year, Just hoping the Malaysians decide not to sell him. There is still plenty to come from Whitts. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:29 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
glammy74 wrote:In my opinion he was the only one who was interested in looking forward in the middle last season

Liam, I will tell you all something that I have known for over 2 years and its kinda of very strange, Whitts does not like football its self, he was born gifted and needs someone to push him on and Jones never did, Whitts is actually a roll model,does not act like an idiot away from football and gives 100% on the pitch, but he needs to have someone to steer him, just maybe Mackly can make him a £3 Mill player this year, Just hoping the Malaysians decide not to sell him. There is still plenty to come from Whitts. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Annis, you're right that Whitts does need to be pushed, but that he does'nt like football itself is not true. He enjoys the game but like most footballers see's is as a proffession. He has also however grown very fond of the area.

Re: " 1.5 FOR WHITTS? NO WAY!! "

Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:31 pm

The way TG/VT r backing MM, i think it will be down to him whether hes moved on or not.....if he thinks the price is right, then so be it

Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:31 pm

cecilccfc wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Annis, you're right that Whitts does need to be pushed, but that he does'nt like football itself is not true. He enjoys the game but like most footballers see's is as a proffession. He has also however grown very fond of the area.

I know first had he is professional in the game, but football is not his first love and is just a living, I was probably to strong on my words. :ayatollah: