Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " 1.5 FOR WHITTS? NO WAY!! "

Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:41 pm

Whittingham, he's quick and nimble
He goes crazy when he hears a cymbal
And a hi hat, with a souped up tempo
He's on a roll, it's time to go solo.....

1.5 for Whitts ? Not a chance in hell.

Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:56 pm

I'd prefer whitts to stay !

Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:02 pm

Who's bidded for him :oops: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: 1.5 FOR WHITTS? NO WAY!!

Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:34 pm

Annis, you're right that Whitts does need to be pushed, but that he does'nt like football itself is not true. He enjoys the game but like most footballers see's is as a proffession. He has also however grown very fond of the area.[/quote]

I know first had he is professional in the game, but football is not his first love and is just a living, I was probably to strong on my words. :ayatollah:[/quote]

Great thing about Whitts is he takes his game so seriously, only goes out when the Club has got a break of games .. ie two week breaks and Summer Holidays.

Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:07 pm

Whitts has to be our most valuable player skill wise and will be a vital to our promotion push next season. One player who could bite us if we let him go.

Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:19 pm

With all his goals and assists he is a valuable member of Cardiff City. Therefore he must stay. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:21 pm

i disagree , think we should let him go for around 2 mil and bring in a replacement, he is ok from set pieces and can pick a nice pass sometimes, but he is slow, cant beat anyone, cant track or chase back on the break, always cuts in, cuts in again ,cuts in somemore.. the season before last even when he scored that many goals he was having a shocking game, he was just in the wrong place at the right time..

anywhere near 2 mil would be a great deal and we could easily get a better player in ..

sorry guys anyone can knock a nice cross in from a deadball situation and get 3/4 of them as assists.. 5/10 times out of 50 someone will get on the end of one..

Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:29 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:i disagree , think we should let him go for around 2 mil and bring in a replacement, he is ok from set pieces and can pick a nice pass sometimes, but he is slow, cant beat anyone, cant track or chase back on the break, always cuts in, cuts in again ,cuts in somemore.. the season before last even when he scored that many goals he was having a shocking game, he was just in the wrong place at the right time..

anywhere near 2 mil would be a great deal and we could easily get a better player in ..

sorry guys anyone can knock a nice cross in from a deadball situation and get 3/4 of them as assists.. 5/10 times out of 50 someone will get on the end of one..

Sorry but I strongly disagree :lol:

You can't have a team consisting wholly of 'fighters' etc., it just doesn't guarantee success. QPR last season had people like Taarabt and Routledge etc., but they also had people like Shaun Derry (who is actually a better player than given credit for) and Clint Hill, both of whom look quite hard and seemed to give the team a lift when things were not going well !

Long story short, you must have players like Whitts in your side in order to have a chance to succeed. Luxury players ? Yes fair enough, but you must have them.

Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:31 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:
Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:i disagree , think we should let him go for around 2 mil and bring in a replacement, he is ok from set pieces and can pick a nice pass sometimes, but he is slow, cant beat anyone, cant track or chase back on the break, always cuts in, cuts in again ,cuts in somemore.. the season before last even when he scored that many goals he was having a shocking game, he was just in the wrong place at the right time..

You can't have a team consisting wholly of 'fighters' etc., it just doesn't guarantee success. QPR last season had people like Taarabt and Routledge etc., but they also had people like Shaun Derry (who is actually a better player than given credit for) and Clint Hill, both of whom look quite hard and seemed to give the team a lift when things were not going well !

Long story short, you must have players like Whitts in your side in order to have a chance to succeed. Luxury players ? Yes fair enough, but you must have them.

Well said, as ive said before I know Whitts well and he always gives 100 percent on the pitch and his attitude off it is also spot on

Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:39 pm

cecilccfc wrote:
Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:

Well said, as ive said before I know Whitts well and he always gives 100 percent on the pitch and his attitude off it is also spot on

correct is attitude is excellent, but i feel that he is out of the game for long periods... 3 or 4 good passes is not enough for the amount of times he gives or loses the ball and is way out of position etc...

i really like the guy and you cant fault him as a professional , but i watch him during the game and find the majority of his performances frustrating...

Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:46 pm

yeah understand that mate, but I think he was out of position last year ... and he can make such an impact on any game with his tekkers .

Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:47 pm

cecilccfc wrote:yeah understand that mate, but I think he was out of position last year ... and he can make such an impact on any game with his tekkers .

but they are not unbelievable tekkers!!! :)

Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:54 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:
cecilccfc wrote:yeah understand that mate, but I think he was out of position last year ... and he can make such an impact on any game with his tekkers .

haha!! Boro away FA Cup .... Barnsley home this season Volley! Unbelievable tekkers

Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:02 pm

cecilccfc wrote:
Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:

haha!! Boro away FA Cup .... Barnsley home this season Volley! Unbelievable tekkers

ill give you those.... even if the boro goal was handball first, we wont worry bout that.. we are only remembering the good stuff, if we counted how many times the ball was given away or lost, it would be a different story.

lets agree that if we get 3 mil we'd be happy to take it, but would want a better replacement.. with great tekkers!! :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:12 pm

I would like to see him at Cardiff next season despite a poor season by his standards I think he has a lot to offer :ayatollah: