Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

whats the point in whitts if we have conway and could get CB

Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:39 am

surely it makes more sense to sell him and use the money to fund the goodwillie purchase? :ayatollah:

dont get me wrong, i like whitts but its time for change. he has been a great servant and i'll always remember his quality goals and what hes done for the club but i think we need to take the money and use it.

Re: whats the point in whitts if we have conway and could get CB

Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:40 am

CB is best played as a striker, and with Whitts and Conway we have 2 wide players.

WHY are people so fussed on Goodwillie? I honestly think he'll be no good.

Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:56 am

even if your initial post is right about bellers and conway, and even if you dont want whitts playing in cent mid....

this is a squad game !! we need more than a good starting 11 to win the league and surely just looking at the last year or two shows thta, we lack good cover.

personally i would always start whitts

Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:11 pm

Whitts gives us something different. When we had Burke and Whittigham on the wings, Burke would take people on and work into the box, while Whitts would deliver a great cross most of the time, just needed someone on the end off them. Conways ment to be the same type of player as Burke so if both playing well, think it would be a great Wig pairing :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:26 pm

Whitts can play LM, RM or CM. He's also a goalscoring midfielder which at this level is crucial.

We've not seen Conway play, he may be s*** in this league, but we know how good Whitts is in this league.

Why sell someone with his talent if we dont have to. For 1.5 million our rival clubs need a reality check. Thankfully I dont believe he'll be going anywhere.

Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:41 pm

Bloobirds101 wrote:surely it makes more sense to sell him and use the money to fund the goodwillie purchase? :ayatollah:

dont get me wrong, i like whitts but its time for change. he has been a great servant and i'll always remember his quality goals and what hes done for the club but i think we need to take the money and use it.

Have you ever heard of injuries!!!!

Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:28 pm

Bloobirds101 wrote:surely it makes more sense to sell him and use the money to fund the goodwillie purchase? :ayatollah:

Conway could turn out to be brilliant, but to say get rid of whitts when he gets us 15 plus on a regular basis is a joke mate ... why time for a change when hes playing well does'nt want out and is well behaved and respectful off the pitch ...