Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Andrew Taylor medical cancelled!!

Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:59 am

someone just toldme that andrew taylor was due to have a medical with us but it has been cancelled!Does anybody know any more on this? if this is true i'm gutted, i honestly thought we would get him

Re: Andrew Taylor medical cancelled!!

Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:02 pm

There's been rumours of his signing for Bristol - I didn't beleieve them though. We'll see

Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:05 pm

if he turns us down for bristol city it will show hes got little ambition and a shithead..
if he does sign for us hes ok :D

Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:05 pm

its not that you dont believe them, i think its just you dont want to believe them !!

sadly its starting to look like we may have missed out on them

Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:16 pm

thehumblegringo wrote:someone just toldme that andrew taylor was due to have a medical with us but it has been cancelled!Does anybody know any more on this? if this is true i'm gutted, i honestly thought we would get him

Is this 'someone' reliable or is it just 'someone' repeating a rumour they have heard elsewhere? Personally although i hope we sign both Goodwillie and Taylor i will not get excited until they are confirmed on the official site :roll:

Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:21 pm

thehumblegringo wrote:my mate from bristol seems to think they've got him!!! does anybody know anything more on this? i'd be gutted if he chooses them over us!!

Is this your mate from Bristol telling you the medical's been cancelled?

Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:21 pm

yes he wouldn't have any reason to make it up mate! he didn't say he wasn't signing, just that the medical had been cancelled. i don't know if that necessarily means he's def not signing but i'm just putting 2 & 2 together

Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:26 pm

no its not my mate from bristol who told me about the medical its someone else. cos i tried to find out more after i've been hearing that bristol so confident that theyve landed him.

Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:40 pm

I think there are better players out there to be honest.

Did anyone hear of him before we were interested in him!!

Give Naylor a chance he isn’t that bad of a player......we all criticised him last season but look who he had in front of him Bellamy/Jet/Whits none of those guys like to defend

With a ex defender in charge now I think there will be more protection for our full back

Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:43 pm

Nick's Barmy Army wrote:I think there are better players out there to be honest.

Did anyone hear of him before we were interested in him!!

Give Naylor a chance he isn’t that bad of a player......we all criticised him last season but look who he had in front of him Bellamy/Jet/Whits none of those guys like to defend

With a ex defender in charge now I think there will be more protection for our full back

:lol: :lol:

Top man

Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:48 pm

we had a ex defender in charge?

Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:54 pm

Personally i think Naylor was the only weak link in our defence last season, especially at CCS, most teams just got past Naylor to easily, then the crowd got on his back, then its very hard to pick up after that. IMO i do think Naylor & Gyepes can both be shipped out to free up a little bit more wages for other parts of the team, we have 3 good CB's in Hudson, Gerrard & Keinan, and 3 Good full backs who can all play CB as well in Kev, Blake & Quinn. Also got a few kids as extra cover behind that lot.

Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:24 pm

we need to know whats going on with this guy. end of the day if he is playing us against a "local" rival. do we really want him? plus he has no loyalties what so ever towards Malky. yes hes a good player i would love him to be here. but do we want another person in are club who thinks hes bigger than the club?
id rather a team. that all names if that makes sence :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:46 pm

just poped over the bristols forum and there didnt seem to be anything on there apart from them finding they were intrested. them seemed to think he was coming to us for the fact of playing under malky.
plus an intresting fact dont know how true it is, middlesborough paid more wages than us and qpr combained. so surelly he is on high wages. bristol fans dont seem to think they can afford him? yet they got david james?

anyone know whats going on ?
:ayatollah:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:00 pm

Just doing a bit of digging on Taylor. Found this from last night... http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/ ... witterfeed

A quote,

'Taylor is thought to have been impressed by what Cardiff had to offer but Boro will fight hard to convince the graduate from their academy that they can fulfil his ambitions.'

Also the reporter has tweeted...

'@paulfraserecho: Andrew Taylor was not due for a medical at #ccfc today. Update in tomorrow's Echo. #boro'

(I think that update is the link above, cos I've looked for more today and there isnt any)

He also says that Taylor is having talks with Boro today, but his opinion is that he will join Cardiff because of the 'Malky factor' (his words).
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:09 pm

And this from walesonline...

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/cardiffonl ... witterfeed

'The Bluebirds are thought to have offered Taylor more money than the other two – and Middlesbrough’s contract offer is believed to be the lowest.'

Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:13 pm

naylor is shocking dosnt matter who he has infront of him. he is awful... if we are not successful in getting taylor, then we need to look else where. but we def need to replace him...

he has had too many chances... matthews made one mistake and was ridiculed, naylor made over a dozen major errors ... he is poor...

Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:14 pm

jinks-rct wrote:if he turns us down for bristol city it will show hes got little ambition and a shithead..
if he does sign for us hes ok :D

Why attack him BEFORE anything is known??

There might be a totally innocent reason behind this....if true!!

Let's wait and see, eh??

And hope he doesn't read this MB first, FFS :roll:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:33 pm

boro's offer probably will be the lowest, they have a good squad but they need to cut wages down big time so ive heard?

Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:52 pm

Come to us you know you want to ! :ayatollah: could be a big hit would be a little dissapointed to miss out on him to be fair but I think MM will have a replacement lined up !

Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:34 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:we need to know whats going on with this guy. end of the day if he is playing us against a "local" rival. do we really want him? plus he has no loyalties what so ever towards Malky. yes hes a good player i would love him to be here. but do we want another person in are club who thinks hes bigger than the club?
id rather a team. that all names if that makes sence :ayatollah:

Thought he could not sign for anyone till friday, that is the day his contract with middlesborough finally ends.

Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:49 pm

I think out back four should be

Quinn Hudson Kiernan SuperKev

with back up of Darcy, Gerrard and Naylor.

Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:30 pm

Welshpaul wrote:I think out back four should be

Quinn Hudson Kiernan SuperKev

with back up of Darcy, Gerrard and Naylor.

Quinn dont/cant play leftback and Gerrard would be first on my team sheet everytime.

My back four would be

Kev Keinan or Hudson Gerrard Quinn or Blake

get rid of Naylor and get Taylor in, if Taylor comes then my back four would be

Taylor Keinan or Hudson Gerrard Kev

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: