Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

LOAN PLAYERS

Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:23 pm

With a small squad atm its clear we'll need to bring in some fresh faces on loan. These can work both ways as ideally wed be getting hungry young players loooking to make an impact but in other cases there are the older ones who just fancy the odd game. With a young manager at the helm, this would be ideal for any young players who come on loan to work under. These kinds of players can make a season, sturridge at bolton, wilshere at bolton etc these players came out of their loans much stronger for it. Would be great to have a young striker who needs to bang em in to catch his parent clubs eye, maybe a battling cm like frimpong at arsenal who my sources say is a target and was well on course to be in the first team before an injury. Also a centre back as playing under macky would do wonders for them you'd think. Discuss

Re: LOAN PLAYERS

Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:26 pm

how about the fact that just 2 days ago both malkay and gethin jenkins stated publically that they would be abusing the loan market this year unless its extremly crucial.......?

Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:39 pm

Bit of a conversation killer ahem

Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:50 pm

eugehop10 wrote:Bit of a conversation killer ahem

Agree with you mate, Loans can be great .. but also can be a killer!

Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:00 pm

my bad....

that wasnt the effect i was going for, if anythign was just trying to kick off the debate :)

i for one am happy with some loanes. but not yet, give it time to get a few perms in first. also i wouldnt go as far as having 6-7 no more than 2-3 and only if the perminant transfer market is offering nothing better.

lets be honest a player who is signed perminantly will give alot more heart than somebody leaving ina few months (apart from bellamy)

debate begins :)