Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" More games moved 8 so far more to come "

Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:27 pm

As is the case across the league, a number of our Championship games have been changed following consultation between clubs and authorities. Here are the latest amendments to our home game schedule for your diaries.

Our home game against Bristol City has been moved to Sunday August 14th following police advice due to the Wales v England rugby international. As a result our hosting of Brighton & Hove Albion the following week shifts to the Wednesday, August 17th.

In December our home match against Birmingham City on Saturday 3rd is now to be a 12:30pm kick-off.

Looking into 2012, the West Ham Utd game at Cardiff City Stadium on Saturday March 3rd will also move forward from 3pm to 12:30pm.

We then host Burnley FC on Sunday March 18th, one day later than originally scheduled based on another Welsh rugby international. This affects our Coventry City match at home the following week, which is now to be played on Wednesday 21st at 7:45pm.

Also in March, our hosting of Millwall FC is an earlier kick-off of 12:30pm, as will be the case for the Leeds Utd home game on Saturday 21st April at Cardiff City Stadium.

Thank you. any other updates will be broadcast right here as they are made.

‎" MOST CARDIFF CITY FIXTURE DATES CHANGED ON POLICE ADVICE "

Re: " More games moved 8 so far more to come "

Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:46 pm

These pissing dates are ruining football.

Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:53 pm

watford away boxing day now noon ko as well

Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:05 pm

I'm just waiting for Blackpool away to be moved :evil:

Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:10 pm

why is everyone so angry, this happens every year, the official release are always classed as provisional and subject to change...and its not as if anybody has booked anything for any of these games in the few days they have been available to us.

relax it happens and is no real inconveniance to most people

Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:37 pm

jezzy666 wrote:why is everyone so angry, this happens every year, the official release are always classed as provisional and subject to change...and its not as if anybody has booked anything for any of these games in the few days they have been available to us.

I think you might find it quite an inconvenience to a number of people. Saturday fixtures give everyone a chance to unwind and then recover on the Sunday, a day of rest. A 3 o'clock KO is idea for people to get what they need doing in the morning then enjoy the game in the afternoon. Sunday football is a pain as is any game not played around the 3 o'clock mark.

Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:55 pm

oh dont get me wrong i completly agree, everyone loves the traditional 3pm saturday games.

but lets be honest football is money driven now and if were picked for TV we should just enjoy the cash windfall. if the police move it then it is for our safety . sadly us complaining about these wont get us anywhere on this occasion IMO

Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:11 pm

jezzy666 wrote:why is everyone so angry, this happens every year, the official release are always classed as provisional and subject to change...and its not as if anybody has booked anything for any of these games in the few days they have been available to us.

Speak for yourself,i absolutely hate changing from Saturday to a sunday,f*cking egg chasers do my head in

Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:13 pm

phil, pisstake. i don't see why certain games have been moved? i can kind of understand the rugby games but some are being moved for no reason, watford? you kidding me :lol: never mind waking up early for away games, i've got to for home games now. bloody hell :lol:

Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:05 pm

P1sses me right off.

Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:21 pm

Rhondda Bluebird wrote:I'm just waiting for Blackpool away to be moved :evil:

they better not move this 1 as already planned a long weekend and looking forward to it :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:32 pm

snap bpool away i'm going up on Friday with a load of lads to Sunday cant wait!!!!!!!!!! U lads been b4? :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:03 pm

a horse with no name wrote:As is the case across the league, a number of our Championship games have been changed following consultation between clubs and authorities. Here are the latest amendments to our home game schedule for your diaries.

Our home game against Bristol City has been moved to Sunday August 14th following police advice due to the Wales v England rugby international. As a result our hosting of Brighton & Hove Albion the following week shifts to the Wednesday, August 17th.

In December our home match against Birmingham City on Saturday 3rd is now to be a 12:30pm kick-off.

Looking into 2012, the West Ham Utd game at Cardiff City Stadium on Saturday March 3rd will also move forward from 3pm to 12:30pm.

We then host Burnley FC on Sunday March 18th, one day later than originally scheduled based on another Welsh rugby international. This affects our Coventry City match at home the following week, which is now to be played on Wednesday 21st at 7:45pm.

Also in March, our hosting of Millwall FC is an earlier kick-off of 12:30pm, as will be the case for the Leeds Utd home game on Saturday 21st April at Cardiff City Stadium.

Thank you. any other updates will be broadcast right here as they are made.

‎" MOST CARDIFF CITY FIXTURE DATES CHANGED ON POLICE ADVICE "

And thats before the TV companies have decided which ones they want!

Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:21 pm

bluebirdsprem2012 wrote:snap bpool away i'm going up on Friday with a load of lads to Sunday cant wait!!!!!!!!!! U lads been b4? :ayatollah:

A few of us stayed up there last season for the Burnley game and had a gd time. stayed 3 miles from the tower on a haven site. doing the same again for the Blackpool game fri-mon :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:08 pm

why dont they just tell us to play all are games at the end of the season atleast we know where we stand ffs! :ayatollah: