China's Rise To Power Over The Last 20 years

Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:47 pm

Pictures speak louder than words.

pretty impressive eh?

Shangai 1990

shanghai-china 1990.jpg

Shangai 2010

shanghai-china 2010.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: China's Rise To Power Over The Last 20 years

Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:50 pm

they are the biggest super power out there! id like to see the japs try it on with them now! :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:51 pm

Thats one hell of a make over Chief :lol:

Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:53 pm

That's photoshop for ya :D

Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:01 pm

A I love Sam Hammam building as well :o

Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:04 pm

That's mental.
Still think it looked better before.

Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:05 pm

also home to the worlds biggest bottle opener!

Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:05 pm

I watched a good documentary last week about Globalisation and China's increased economic power. Their performance has been amazing over the past 30 years, but basically they are only doing now what Britain was doing 150 years ago and there is a misconception about what they produce which is all bog standard, TV’s, Video’s, Clothing etc.

However high end technology is still manufactured in this country (+ EU/America etc) and the Chinese have to go cap in hand (or use cyber hacking) if they want anything more technologically advanced than a Blue Ray Player :lol:

Whilst those Cities look impressive the standard wage for a production worker is £1.50 p/h and far less if you live in the poverty striven rural areas. China has a lot of internal strife coming as its middle, working and impoverished classes start to demand more wealth distribution from the Billionaires at the top.

They also have a serious problem with fundamentalist Islamic extremists in the West of the Country which is only set to get worse over the next few decades.

Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:29 pm

they have even got shot of the clouds! :D

Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:42 pm

They are not the biggest superpower yet. Anyone with a decent level of knowledge in economics would know that.

Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:53 pm

Strewth, I thought the first picture was Liverpool in 2011.... :lol: :lol:

Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:56 pm

Macau, a Chinese enclave, is set to over take Las Vegas as the biggest gambling destination in the world and Singapore is also flying. Tony made some good points though. The Western countries and even Japan still financially have China by the balls.

Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:07 pm

Cardiff Daft! wrote:also home to the worlds biggest bottle opener!

:lol:

Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:23 pm

Zabier wrote:Macau, a Chinese enclave, is set to over take Las Vegas as the biggest gambling destination in the world and Singapore is also flying. Tony made some good points though. The Western countries and even Japan still financially have China by the balls.

Spot on.

Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:30 pm

Bloobirds101 wrote:They are not the biggest superpower yet. Anyone with a decent level of knowledge in economics would know that.

yep i know they are not quite yet but they aint far off! they are the kings in waiting!.... by 2020 they will be there!

Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:38 pm

Johnny Rythmn wrote:Pictures speak louder than words.

pretty impressive eh?

Shangai 1990

shanghai-china 1990.jpg

Shangai 2010

shanghai-china 2010.jpg

i love sam hammam lit up sign :lol:

Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:51 pm

2blue2handle wrote:A I love Sam Hammam building as well :o

The whore gets everywhere :lol:

Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:56 pm

AHERNE wrote:
Bloobirds101 wrote:They are not the biggest superpower yet. Anyone with a decent level of knowledge in economics would know that.

yep i know they are not quite yet but they aint far off! they are the kings in waiting!.... by 2020 they will be there!

They have the running of Africa you know. They are over there creating an infrastructure and horseing out the minerals and shipping them over to China.

Should they strike gas and oil in the process they'll claim it.

However, their property market is mentally over inflated and should go pop soon.

Like I said, capitalism is nearing the end of the road. :old: