Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: DAVID GOODWILLIE TO CARDIFF

Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:41 pm

zippy wrote:
Bloobirds101 wrote:give them 24 hours, take it or leave it, if not, then tell them get lost and we'll sign someone else.

Fine. Don't take him. Despite being desperate for cash, we'd happily keep a lad that will score us 20 goals a season.

We're asking for 2 million which I think is fair. Maybe we should hold out for more.

I thought we'd agreed to pay £2m?

If i was to take a stab at it I'd say the Blackpool Chairman has had a
word with Dundee Utd chairman and said he'd pay more than £2m

I agree with City, if we said we'd pay £2m, and suddenly its not enough
then f**k getting into a bidding war, let Blackpool have him.

absolutely gutted if we dont get him, hes star quality, but we have to
stand our ground or every time we go in for a player, Clubs will take
the piss.

ah well, i suppose we'll find out the full facts soon enough :evil:

Re: " DAVID GOODWILLIE TO CARDIFF "

Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:44 pm

bid accepted according to sky sports

Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:49 pm

Warrior wrote:
signalman wrote:bid accepted according to sky sports

yes he is coming here :ayatollah:

£

£2.5 million sky sports but I think it's a hoax..

bollocks
Last edited by Bluebina on Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:50 pm

Well if he does come here...

carl should get down to Tesco's forthwith and headbutt them gossips
on the checkout :lol: :lol:

I have a sneaking suspicion that Carl is on the money though :(

else why would Goodwillie be playing for Dundee United tonight..
itd never happen, not with a £2m deal at stake

Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:51 pm

City will get their man Carlos :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:53 pm

Bluebina wrote:
Warrior wrote:
signalman wrote:bid accepted according to sky sports

yes he is coming here :ayatollah:

£

£2.5 million sky sports but I think it's a hoax..

bollocks

Sorry saw a link on another site, but It was made up :twisted:

I still think we will get him anyway just take a little longer !!!

Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:59 pm

annis do you honestly think we will get him ?

Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:03 pm

binero wrote:annis do you honestly think we will get him ?

City really want him, he wants to come, Dundee Utd being very Greedy, Will We pay more yes I believe we will.

Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:06 pm

hope you are right on this one, cos honestly think he will be a massive hit with us :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:09 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

City really want him, he wants to come, Dundee Utd being very Greedy, Will We pay more yes I believe we will.

Since joining the board I've enjoyed the fairly balance view most City fans take. I understand there's frustration, but I don't see how Dundee United are being greedy. I think you need to see things from our point of view. We are massively in debt. We've had this boy since he's been 14. Stood by him through thick and thin (more than most clubs ever go through with a player). I think we deserve to get what we can squeeze out of this deal.

We value him at 2 million. I'm guessing now 2/3 teams have bid in this region. It is now about Dundee United doing the best they can for themselves. This is a business and we are auctioning off our main asset. Which ever team wants him most will get him.

Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:10 pm

zippy wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Since joining the board I've enjoyed the fairly balance view most City fans take. I understand there's frustration, but I don't see how Dundee United are being greedy. I think you need to see things from our point of view. We are massively in debt. We've had this boy since he's been 14. Stood by him through thick and thin (more than most clubs ever go through with a player). I think we deserve to get what we can squeeze out of this deal.

We value him at 2 million. I'm guessing now 2/3 teams have bid in this region. It is now about Dundee United doing the best they can for themselves. This is a business and we are auctioning off our main asset. Which ever team wants him most will get him.

Fair point, We were the same about Joe Ledley :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:18 pm

zippy wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Nope, i dont consider it greedy, unless Dundee United had agreed terms with us!

If we decide to walk away, i'll be gutted. Like most on here who know a bit about
football, I am extremely excited about the idea of this lad turning out in a City
kit. I think he is going to be an absolute smash hit for someone.

But, as i said before, I can see the Clubs point of view if they decide not to get
involved in a gazumping bonanza.

f**k me though...

who the f**k would want to sign for Blackpool :lol: :lol:

Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:25 pm

Come on Cardiff City - let's get our man!
David Goodwillie! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:31 pm

Forever Blue wrote:City will get their man Carlos :ayatollah:

Are you 100% sure ?

Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:46 pm

zippy wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

You asked for £2m......if 2 or 3 teams match that valuation you should then let the player decide. There's something immoral about gazumping.

Re: DAVID GOODWILLIE TO CARDIFF

Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:48 pm

Wayne S wrote:It's DG's decision in the end.

If Blackpool come in and trump our bid DG could turn down the move if he wanted to come here with Conway. Obviously if Blackpool offer him much more in wages he may go there but if the wage offers are similar Conway and MM may sway it for us.

Dundee then have to decide if they want the millions from us or hold onto a player who wants to leave.

Blackpool and rangers have offered well below what dundee want.

Also blackpool will not pay a lot on wages.

So blackpool wont trump our bid and they wont offer him the same wages as us.

Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:03 pm

I cant wait to get him on the back of my top thats how confident I am lol if it don't happen I will be gutted ! :lol: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:41 pm

its obvious dundee are money grabbing bastards but i dont blame them... they need money as much as we do!

Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:43 pm

ReeseBluebird1927 wrote:its obvious dundee are money grabbing bastards but i dont blame them... they need money as much as we do!

I disagree. Unless they have agreed terms for the lad, then its an auction, cant
fault them. The only problem is, they dont hold all the cards, Goodwillie will get
a say in all this too

Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:49 pm

if goodwillie is a good boy he will tell them you either accept cardiff's bid or continue to pay my wage and ill go for free... :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:01 am

Lads, lads, lads, don't threat, we WILL get our man, please have faith, trust me, trust Annis and trust Carl.
David Goodwillie will NOT go to Blackpool or Rangers, Cardiff will offer Dundee United, (and it is Dundee UNITED and NOT Dundee), what they want, neither Rangers or Blackpool will match neither transfer fee or wages. I don't blame Dundee United for holding out for more money, we would do the same but please don't worry, we WILL get our man. Malky wants him, we want him and Goodie wants to be with us, (fact).

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:52 am

ReeseBluebird1927 wrote:if goodwillie is a good boy he will tell them you either accept cardiff's bid or continue to pay my wage and ill go for free... :ayatollah:

In 2 years time? We'd be quite happy paying 1 K a week to a player will score enough goals to get us a regular Europa league spot.

Good things come to those who wait lads. When you see Wickham going to Sunderland for 9 million, Henderson to Liverpool for 20 million you will be pissing yourself laughing that you you were haggling over a couple of hundred grand for a player who helped get you promotion (and a promotion clause meaning more dosh for United)

Zippy - June 2011

(please remember to quote this in May 2012) :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:30 am

zippy wrote:
ReeseBluebird1927 wrote:if goodwillie is a good boy he will tell them you either accept cardiff's bid or continue to pay my wage and ill go for free... :ayatollah:

In 2 years time? We'd be quite happy paying 1 K a week to a player will score enough goals to get us a regular Europa league spot.

Good things come to those who wait lads. When you see Wickham going to Sunderland for 9 million, Henderson to Liverpool for 20 million you will be pissing yourself laughing that you you were haggling over a couple of hundred grand for a player who helped get you promotion (and a promotion clause meaning more dosh for United)

Zippy - June 2011

(please remember to quote this in May 2012) :ayatollah:

Spot on. Wickham has plied his trade one step below the Premiership, he's been easily
accessible to a plethora of watching scouts and managers, and has not failed to impress.

Goodwillie is out the way, and out of sight means out of mind. Clubs do not buy players
after watching SPL highlights on Sky Sports.

Its worth remembering that Kenny Dalglish was 26 when he joined Liverpool, at todays
prices, how much would he have been worth two years later.

Come on City... I'll respect your decision if you dont enter a bidding war, but your holding
most of the cards here!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:12 am

rangers are in the papers today saying they are going to be putting in a 7 figure bid in the next 24 hours.

im not so confident we are gonna get this boy now. would love it but am not gonna get my hopes up. weve been in this position may times before.

Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:14 am

Cardiff Daft! wrote:rangers are in the papers today saying they are going to be putting in a 7 figure bid in the next 24 hours.

im not so confident we are gonna get this boy now. would love it but am not gonna get my hopes up. weve been in this position may times before.

If Goodwillie goes to Rangers then we've not lost out.

cos it shows lack of bottle and ambition

but I dont think he wants to go there

Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:37 am

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/s ... -23234303/

Interesting article here where the Dundee Utd Chairman is claiming that Rangers have never even put in a bid for David Goodwillie.

Reading some of the comments by Rangers fans they are not happy and for me this backs up Carls update about Dundee Utd trying to start a bidding war.

The article also says we are believed to be in pole position to sign the player. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:54 am

taffyapple wrote:
Cardiff Daft! wrote:rangers are in the papers today saying they are going to be putting in a 7 figure bid in the next 24 hours.

If Goodwillie goes to Rangers then we've not lost out.

cos it shows lack of bottle and ambition

but I dont think he wants to go there

about 10 big games a season and the rest against average to mediocre teams!!

who knows whats going on in his head right now, lets just hope its the :ayatollah: :lol:

:ayatollah:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:35 am

I live in Goodwillie's home town Stirling and a lot of the boys around here know him well. I am told that he is a big Rangers fan and would never turn them down.....to back that up, here is some info on him :ayatollah:
http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/football_pl ... &squadID=5

Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:48 am

Deano1 wrote:I live in Goodwillie's home town Stirling and a lot of the boys around here know him well. I am told that he is a big Rangers fan and would never turn them down.....to back that up, here is some info on him :ayatollah:
http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/football_pl ... &squadID=5

:ayatollah: im in Bannockburn!

Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:28 am

Bridge Of Allan :ayatollah: :ayatollah: