Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " DAVID GOODWILLIE TO CARDIFF "

Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:32 am

Hang on, If Dundee accept say a 3m bid from Blackpool and Goodwillie doesnt want to move there? What happens then? :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:37 am

Bledd10 wrote:Hang on, If Dundee accept say a 3m bid from Blackpool and Goodwillie doesnt want to move there? What happens then? :ayatollah:

They cant sell him unless he wants to go, they'd have to come to some
arrangement where he goes to a Club he wants to join. Or play him
til his contract runs out

Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:40 am

Deano1 wrote:I live in Goodwillie's home town Stirling and a lot of the boys around here know him well. I am told that he is a big Rangers fan and would never turn them down.....to back that up, here is some info on him :ayatollah:
http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/football_pl ... &squadID=5

There's nothing in your link to suggest he's a Rangers fan and whoever told you that he is, may well be wrong!

If he'd have been seriously interested in a move to Rangers, then surely he wouldn't have accepted our offer, as has been reported that he has! :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:47 am

my mates a die hard rangers fan and he says the exact same thing. might not be on any websites but its common knowledge up here apparently :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:52 am

Cardiff Daft! wrote:my mates a die hard rangers fan and he says the exact same thing. might not be on any websites but its common knowledge up here apparently :ayatollah:

Ah well, I wasn't saying that he wasn't a Rangers fan, but merely that the poster hadn't backed up his informant's information with that link!

It still seems that Rangers don't have the money or inclination to go for him though, as they reportedly haven't put in any bid for him! :D :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:02 am

Overthemoon wrote: Ah well, I wasn't saying that he wasn't a Rangers fan, but merely that the poster hadn't backed up his informant's information with that link!

It still seems that Rangers don't have the money or inclination to go for him though, as they reportedly haven't put in any bid for him! :D :ayatollah:

ive heard it mentioned a few times. which is another reason why im desperate for goody to sign. just to ram it down my mates throat!!!! he thinks rangers are the be all and end all of football lol

thats not to say weve no chance with him. alot of people seem to be giving him advice to avoid the goldfish bowl of glasgow but ultimately its down to the player himself.

rangers will put a bid in shortly, its in the newspaper up here. how much though is anyones guess right now.

:ayatollah:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:10 am

Sounds to me like Dundee United are using us to get a big bid in from Rangers. I think Gethin Jenkins should be telling Dundee United and Goodwillie, take it or leave it now. Give them a 24-48 hour time limit and let them now if we dn't get an answer we wil walk away and look elsewhere :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:23 am

Overthemoon wrote:
Cardiff Daft! wrote:my mates a die hard rangers fan and he says the exact same thing. might not be on any websites but its common knowledge up here apparently :ayatollah:

Ah well, I wasn't saying that he wasn't a Rangers fan, but merely that the poster hadn't backed up his informant's information with that link!

I don't have any informants, I'm not a copper! Everyone here in the boy's home town knows he's a Gers fan, the guys in the pub, those he went to school with, guys he's played with before.... as Cardiff Daft says, its common knowledge, there isn't a link for that! I TRIED to provide a little bit of proof....I obviously failed! :ayatollah: :lol:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:06 pm

ccfc_cotta wrote:does that mean it really was malky mackay on this forum :?

:o :? :?

Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:22 pm

Soon see. :old:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:13 pm

Evening 'Bluebells'.....Dundee UTD fan here. Thought i'd enlighten u guys to a few things which are being discussed on here.....

Goodie is our prized assett, this is his first full season as our no.1 striker and he had bagged 19 goals and something like 7 assists, the 2nd highest scorer in the SPL and the most assists in the SPL. He won every Young Player of the Year award he possibly could this year and has won the Clydesdale Bank Premier League YPOTY award for 2 years running. The boy really is a talent, with bags and bags of potential. £2M is an absolute steal tbh, quite frankly, the only reason he will go for this price is because of the under value prices we get up here in Scotland.

Firstly, a few of u guys seem to think u have offered £2M and now we are holding u to a bidding war. According to ALL the press up here, Cardiff have put in an offer but it DOESNT match our valuation. What that offer is, i dont know. Also, if and when u do offer the asking price, HOW it is paid wil also influence if we accept. Stephen Thompson our chairman is not going to accept bit part payments until £2M is recieved. It will be £2M up front or no deal. Given the problems Motherwell have had in the past with Cardiff City, i dont blame him tbh.

Secondly, ive seen some posts claiming Goodie WANTS to leave. Goodie just signed a 1 year contract extension not even 2 months ago. He is happy at Utd, but would like to further his career at some point. If that is now, fine...if it is next year, fine. He knows his time will come and doesnt seem to be in any rush to make that happen. He also wants Utd to get the best deal possible, hence part of the reason he signed an extension. Its been widely rumoured he would be leaving this summer, and with Utd being good to him with regards to his off-field troubles, hes signed an extension giving us a bit more power when it comes to a transfer fee.

Next, to call Utd 'greedy' and 'money grabbing bastards' is a bit ridiculous. Weve had Goodie since he was 14, stuck by him thru thick and thin, hes our top scorer 2 seasons in a row, won us the Scottish Cup by scoring in every round including the final and is 4 times YPOTY winner this season. Of course we are going to hold out for the most we can. We're skint, we're not DESPERATE for the cash as has been said on here but yes, it would help fund a couple of signings for the coming season and when u see the price sum of the journeymen are going for down here...well, £2M is an absolute steal. He could gain u promotion and earn u mega bucks if an EPL team comes in for him. Look at Fletcher at Wolves, Adam at Pool etc etc.

Personally, i havent a clue where he'll go. If he does leave, i hope its to u guys. Cant see him going to Blackpool, why anyone would go there i dont know. Cardiff seem to be going places, u have just signed Conway, and have a Scot as manager. Having Conway is a BIG advantage to u guys in ur attempt to sign Goodie. Our biggest fear is he moves to Rangers. YES, he is a Rangers fan, but given his off-field antics, this would be a crazy move for him. I have heard his family, even tho they are Rangers fans, are advising him to move south for his own good. What Goodie is thinking, none of us know. What i do know is, our chairman would rather let him go for free in 2 years time than sell him to Rangers ut money talks at the end of the day. I just wish u guys would hurry up and meet our valuation b4 they do!!!

Anyway, all the best for the coming season. U seem like a real decent bunch on here unlike a lot of other Championship teams forums when talking about signing players from up here. I'll be looking out for ur results with u having Conway and possibly Goodie. Conway will excite the fans, of that im sure and Goodie will bag at least 15 in his first season.

Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Thanks for that mate good post

Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:46 pm

TheArab wrote:Evening 'Bluebells'.....Dundee UTD fan here. Thought i'd enlighten u guys to a few things which are being discussed on here..

Anyway, all the best for the coming season. U seem like a real decent bunch on here unlike a lot of other Championship teams forums when talking about signing players from up here. I'll be looking out for ur results with u having Conway and possibly Goodie. Conway will excite the fans, of that im sure and Goodie will bag at least 15 in his first season.

Behave yourself with this 'Bluebell' nonsense. Arabs would be far too easy to play with :ayatollah:

Thanks for letting us hear your perspective. I Certainly dont beleive Dundee Utd are being greedy, you've got to get the best deal to suit yourselves. If you've had the kid since 14 you deserve a fair return (not to fair though). All the best for next season........ espeially against St Johnstone

Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:03 pm

Hi gents, dufc have tonight turned down a bid from rangers fc for goodie. Goodie himself is very happy at us and just signed a contract extension. In simple terms we want 2m for him which is a steal. We want cash up front as we need to bring in replacments. Cardiff have so far only offered to pay us in instalments. If u pay up front u get the hottest property in the spl. Everton are now interested. My dad is well in at utd and this is fact. Cheers guys

Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:05 pm

dundee united f.c wrote:Hi gents, dufc have tonight turned down a bid from rangers fc for goodie. Goodie himself is very happy at us and just signed a contract extension. In simple terms we want 2m for him which is a steal. We want cash up front as we need to bring in replacments. Cardiff have so far only offered to pay us in instalments. If u pay up front u get the hottest property in the spl. Everton are now interested. My dad is well in at utd and this is fact. Cheers guys

I actually believe you are spot on, Our owners the Malaysians only believe in paying in instalments.

Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:24 pm

CarmarthenBluebird wrote:
TheArab wrote:Evening 'Bluebells'.....Dundee UTD fan here. Thought i'd enlighten u guys to a few things which are being discussed on here..

Anyway, all the best for the coming season. U seem like a real decent bunch on here unlike a lot of other Championship teams forums when talking about signing players from up here. I'll be looking out for ur results with u having Conway and possibly die. Conway will excite the fans, of that im sure and Goodie will bag at least 15 in his first season.

Behave yourself with this 'Bluebell' nonsense. Arabs would be far too easy to play with :ayatollah:

Thanks for letting us hear your perspective. I Certainly dont beleive Dundee Utd are being greedy, you've got to get the best deal to suit yourselves. If you've had the kid since 14 you deserve a fair return (not to fair though). All the best for next season........ espeially against St Johnstone

You're Bluebells as long as we're Dundee!!!!! ;-)

Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:23 am

ihatealiens wrote:Sounds to me like Dundee United are using us to get a big bid in from Rangers. I think Gethin Jenkins should be telling Dundee United and Goodwillie, take it or leave it now. Give them a 24-48 hour time limit and let them now if we dn't get an answer we wil walk away and look elsewhere :ayatollah:

I can assure all Bluebirds that this is not United trying to get an increased bid from Rangers. The last thing that would want to do with the best striking prospect we have seen in Scotland since Possibly Henrik Larsson is sell him to one of the Bigot Brothers in the west. He will be a superstar wherever he ends up and, we could only imagine the damage he could do to us in a Rangers team.

He was brought up in a Rangers supporting family in Stirling (Centre of the country), however has been at United since the age of 13 (ish). He/We turned down a Rangers move when he was a youth player, again them trying to tempt him away for buttons purely on there name. I also believe that he has been advised by many around him, both family and friends, to avoid the Bigoted troubled city like the plague, and with all those wanting the best for him believe that would be hugely advisable if he is to leave his past behind him.

On the facts about bids and terms being accepted, well United have NOT agreed a £2Million bid from Cardiff. The bid that was reportedly tabled was supposed to be close however with an instalment style of payments, which is no good to United at this stage, so was dismissed. If terms with player have been agreed this is a different situation entirely and know not of any truth in this at all, but even this would not influence United in accepting a lower bid both financially and time-scales.
Remember Craig Conway grew up in the West of Scotland and completely knows and understands the goldfish bowl that is the 2 troubled clubs from Glasgow. He is a very level headed young man again with great talent and potential. Knowing what he knows about the place and it's football he was never going to sign for either of them and instead chose, what I believe to be, a much higher stage and level.

I genuinely believe his price is £2Million (a complete steal at this stage in this incredible talents career, 22 mind) and it is a case of:
This is his price, first t meet it get him!
United do not play silly games, in fact the Chairman Stephen Thompson has taken a lot of flack from supporters for in fact actually asking for the amount he wants and not saying something like 4 mill to get 2 mill in.

I truly hope it is you guys that get his signature and has the pleasure of seeing this guy in the flesh in a Cardiff top. Which I have very little doubt will be able to push you guys that one step further, and achieve automatic promotion.

Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:35 am

TheArab wrote:
CarmarthenBluebird wrote:

Anyway, all the best for the coming season. U seem like a real decent bunch on here unlike a lot of other Championship teams forums when talking about signing players from up here. I'll be looking out for ur results with u having Conway and possibly die. Conway will excite the fans, of that im sure and Goodie will bag at least 15 in his first season.

You're Bluebells as long as we're Dundee!!!!! ;-)

Deal! your not Dundee and were not a 80's group from Scotland :D

Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:40 am

Ian Brown wrote:
ihatealiens wrote:Sounds to me like Dundee United are using us to get a big bid in from Rangers. I think Gethin Jenkins should be telling Dundee United and Goodwillie, take it or leave it now. Give them a 24-48 hour time limit and let them now if we dn't get an answer we wil walk away and look elsewhere :ayatollah:

I can assure all Bluebirds that this is not United trying to get an increased bid from Rangers. The last thing that would want to do with the best striking prospect we have seen in Scotland since Possibly Henrik Larsson is sell him to one of the Bigot Brothers in the west. He will be a superstar wherever he ends up and, we could only imagine the damage he could do to us in a Rangers team.

He was brought up in a Rangers supporting family in Stirling (Centre of the country), however has been at United since the age of 13 (ish). He/We turned down a Rangers move when he was a youth player, again them trying to tempt him away for buttons purely on there name. I also believe that he has been advised by many around him, both family and friends, to avoid the Bigoted troubled city like the plague, and with all those wanting the best for him believe that would be hugely advisable if he is to leave his past behind him.

On the facts about bids and terms being accepted, well United have NOT agreed a £2Million bid from Cardiff. The bid that was reportedly tabled was supposed to be close however with an instalment style of payments, which is no good to United at this stage, so was dismissed. If terms with player have been agreed this is a different situation entirely and know not of any truth in this at all, but even this would not influence United in accepting a lower bid both financially and time-scales.
Remember Craig Conway grew up in the West of Scotland and completely knows and understands the goldfish bowl that is the 2 troubled clubs from Glasgow. He is a very level headed young man again with great talent and potential. Knowing what he knows about the place and it's football he was never going to sign for either of them and instead chose, what I believe to be, a much higher stage and level.

I genuinely believe his price is £2Million (a complete steal at this stage in this incredible talents career, 22 mind) and it is a case of:
This is his price, first t meet it get him!
United do not play silly games, in fact the Chairman Stephen Thompson has taken a lot of flack from supporters for in fact actually asking for the amount he wants and not saying something like 4 mill to get 2 mill in.

I truly hope it is you guys that get his signature and has the pleasure of seeing this guy in the flesh in a Cardiff top. Which I have very little doubt will be able to push you guys that one step further, and achieve automatic promotion.

I think we will quite likely offer the £2 million Dundee United are asking for but I cant see our owners paying all of it up front. paying things in instalments is how they like to work There are not many clubs out there who can lump out £2 million in one go.

Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:55 am

Thanks to the fans from Scotland, reading all of your post's and how good you all think he is and can be, I want us to bust the bank and get him, we have lost two maybe three good strikers and need to get another decent one in, lets hope we can come to some sort of arrangement soon :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: