Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Adoption

Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:26 pm

i`ve never been down that route or know anything about it, but, i just want to wish you the very best of luck :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:42 pm

AHERNE wrote:i`ve never been down that route or know anything about it, but, i just want to wish you the very best of luck :ayatollah:

i agree best of luck :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:59 pm

dont give up genral :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

hope it all works out for you, baz on here has been through the adoption process, speak to him :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:35 pm

We are currently fostering and it's been fantastic my wife opted for special needs and we have a 3 year old but adoption is a massive step and I can put you in touch with local social workers if interested

Baz

Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:05 pm

Ben wrote:dont give up genral :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

hope it all works out for you, baz on here has been through the adoption process, speak to him :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:15 pm

I just recently been through the process and have had a child (5 years old) placed with us for 10 weeks now, will offically adapot in 6 months time :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

The process is long and grulling and emotional, some of the training days leave you exhausted (mentally), things some of these Scumbags do to their kids!!!.... They have to prepare you for every eventuality.

After the 1 week course, you are assigned a Social Worker, who will carry out home study with you for about a year, be prepeared to basically have every part of your life looked into, it's like writting your autobiography with them, lol, bloody long and again exhausting process.

We did not use Cardiff City Council as the wait is sooooo long and we found them very unhelpful, as the Mrs is Catholic we went through St David's Adoption in Cardiff and they are amazing and so supportive, support which can last years as well.

I cant say too much on a public message board as our child is fairly local to Cardiff and you never know who knows who....

The Mrs has kids through a previous marriage and as a result they denied me free IVF so wasn't an option as couldn't afford it and was told unlikely to work anyway.

After all the process you go through, they will match you well to a child or children and it is all worth it in the end, there are some hard days and some very hard questions and stories the child tells you re their family life (unless you have a newborn/baby) but when they call you mummy and daddy for that first time, it's the best feeling in the world and from a personal point of view I feel pround that I have given our child a chance of a life that they wouldn't have had before. Good luck mate and go for it, there are a lot of children out there that need Fostering and Adopting. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:18 pm

well done culture, pleased for you :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:33 pm

Cheers Ben.

Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:52 pm

Cant fault the Social Workers, the Childs and ours from St David's have been amazing and matched us really well. After support has been great since as well. They both visit every 2 weeks.

Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:54 pm

Midfield general wrote:Both the wife and I are going down the adoption route. Anyone had recent experience of this..? I was adopted myself but back in the 70's and I know things has changed since then.

as aherne said,never done it,but best of luck :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:56 pm

krab wrote:
Midfield general wrote:Both the wife and I are going down the adoption route. Anyone had recent experience of this..? I was adopted myself but back in the 70's and I know things has changed since then.

as aherne said,never done it,but best of luck :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

but promise me you want get all political with social workers :D :D :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:45 pm

You will be fine mate, just be yourself, if I can get through, anyone can!! Just kidding I am a respectable member of society!!!!!!