Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Man Utd spend 60 million and they have not improved!

Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:49 am

Amazingly you're not wrong! They are clearly signings for the future yet is De Gea any better than Van de Sar? Is Jones going to be better than Vidic and Ferdinand? Is Young better than Nani, Park and Valencia? it's certainly a debatable point

Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:50 am

Big Boss Man wrote:BUT DID THEY SPEND 40 MILLION ON UNTESTED PLAYERS?!?!?!?!

f*cking hell!

I know Chelsea have spent more.

I know Real have spent more.

I Man City have spent more.

BUT.........

I've never seen a club spend 60 million on players that are not better than was already at the club.

Utd have spent 40 million on two players that don't have a full cap between them.

I don't think Young is an improvement on Nani.

Man City don't always improve their team with every purchase, they improve their squad. And its that strength in depth rather than the strength of their first choice team that is responsible for their rise up the table. Unquestionably, Man Utd have improved the strength of their squad with these three purchases, and, in a lot of people's opinions, also the strength of the first team.

Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:50 am

Jimbo27 wrote:Amazingly you're not wrong! They are clearly signings for the future yet is De Gea any better than Van de Sar? Is Jones going to be better than Vidic and Ferdinand? Is Young better than Nani, Park and Valencia? it's certainly a debatable point

De Gea is far better than van der sar.....as there is no van der sar anymore ;) ;)

Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:55 am

jezzy666 wrote:
Spaceman wrote:it's all opinion isn't it

the top two in spain are vastly better than the top two in the prem for a start

that doesnt make spaid the best league though does it. because the bottom clubs in spain could get stuffed by some championship sides !! if you count all 20 teams on average id say prem then italy/germany then spain.

thats only my opinion

and the bottom clubs in england could get stuffed by some segunda division sides

you seem to be underrating the quality of atletico, valencia, villareal, bilbao, malaga etc

Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:09 pm

Big Boss Man wrote:It's not the biggest league in the world - Compare their top six sides and it's pretty clear the Prem is better.

And he is just coming out of only his second full season and has to re-place a world class keeper.

Man Utd has been a grave yard for keepers.

How many did they sign after the Great Dane left?

the top 6 in spain would give the "england" top 6 teams a run for their money,. Barca beat Man ure, Real Madrid are better than chavski, Valencia may give arsenal a close game (i expect the gooners to win),Villareal would beat man city (man city shouldve won the europa league, they put out a class team but lost to dynamo kiev) sevilla would beat tottenham, athletic madrid gave liverpool a tough game and went on to win the europa league.

Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:20 pm

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:you obviously can't grasp the concept of resale value or potential.....teams spend more on younger players as POTENTIALLY they can be worth more. Look at rooney, bought at 18ish for 27m and now worth more than twice! Phil Jones is considered one of the brightest prospects in this league and in 2/3 years be worth more than they paid. On the flip side, UTD bought Berbatov for 31m and due to his AGE is worh half that.

Anybody who would pay 52m for Wayne Rooney should be shot

Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:07 pm

Big Boss Man wrote:Man Utd spent 60 million so far and I don't think they have improved!

None of the new signings would of had any impact against Barca.

I would of thought it was impossible to spend 60 million and not improve your starting 11.

The only thing its safe to say that will beat barca's current squad is AGEING!

Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:52 pm

Why are we arguing over utd?

Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:55 pm

:evil:
Last edited by MANUTDVIDOES on Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:57 pm

Big Boss Man wrote:Phil Jones - 20 million.

Ashley Young can't cross for shite and they don't even lack wingers. Nani is better.

They have signed a young and untested keeper. Edwin was a proven keeper and had a great season.

UTD FAN HERE. sorry to invade on your privacy but i accidentaly came across this nonsense while surfing the internet. some absolutely appualing comments made. ..
you may not have been keeping track, but we had a cracking pre season, scored a ton of goals, with a vast range of players, mainly young players. paul scholes testimonial game was also outstanding, with great performances again from the whole team. then the community shield once again. outstanding all game. 2 pretty shity goals (twin town reference) lol.. you no. i dont no what the hell most of you are saying. ashely young is looking absolutely unreal. he has been fantastic and settle in well. i dont understand why most of you are so deluded...you also have to remember.. scholes has gone. giggs is coming of age. van de sar and look at the players we sold. its a big job for anderson and tom cleverly but we believe in them...maybe we wont get that all important ACM which we all wanted., but you have to admit. the team we got at the moment has a fantastic future. even pogba and morrison in the youth team, names you will be hearing soon. unreal.... i no il get bad feedback and nasty comments back for what iv said but you shouldnt talk shit. . on a good note. i really believe this is your year. so al the best. great start beating WH1-0 and you should smash bristol 3-0 :) :ayatollah: :old: :evil: