Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Chopra in today's echo

Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:42 am

It's about time Chopra stopped LYING and admitted his many problems! No one can help him until he asks for help! Thank god we've got rid of him as he is still clearly deluded!

Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:04 pm

One thing for sure Chopra had his off the field Problems and they are his problems, But when it affects what he does on the Pitch or his behaviour when with the Club then it does have something to do with the Supporters. Why does it have something to do with us ? Because we are Cardiff City if there was no us there would be no Cardiff City, we bring money into the Club with Season Tickets, match day Tickets,bringing our Kids ETC, Merchandise.
And players, Management, Directors, Owners come and go. We will be here to the day we Die. So we do have a say and we have a right to our say weather its down the Pub in the Papers or on here. Carl / Annis / Daya /Topcat have a right to put on here what they hear but believe me they do not put everything on here as they believe it could either "harm the Club" or "betray the confidentiality of there Source" . I believe they only put a fraction of what they hear but that is my opinion.

But why did the Club not defend these Players after or even after the allegations of Hereford came out ? Because if they were innocent this Forum would of been vilified, And also the Echo ran the story, do you think for one second they would of ran that story without checking it first ? If the Story was a fabrication then they would of been open to being sued as this will affect those Players future Careers, i Believe Jay is now finding that out. JlS he actually looked hung over it was untrue, no one player Naylor aside can play that bad and not a Premiership one.

I do believe we was right to sell Chops and in my Opinion he was a bad influence and had to many problems and was not hungry enough, but i hope he sorts himself but i have my doubts. His Career is looking down not up but for his sakes i hope he sorts himself out. Thanks for the memories Chops and a lot of them were fantastic.

Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:15 pm

bornsurvivor wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
No,Def Not as if a player or players are out drinking/gambling 24/7 then HE IS THE ONE DAMAGING OUR CLUB.

Oh well, that's your opinion and you're entitled to it. I have to disagree as these updates are obviously causing unease amongst the playing staff. The playing staff will not always be party to what is actually going on at the club and rumour and misinformation is obviously going to discussed amonst them and may cause unease and dispondency.

If all my colleagues were discussing my "faults" and believing them to be true then I'd probably say 'f**k it' and just not bother, after all, they can't sack me and I'll still collect my wages.

Still, if you think what you're doing is in the best interests of the club who am I to argue.

As we totally Disagree and You believe we should not Say when the players are behaving badly, I would much rather say good things about the players off the pitch, But last Season they were a Disgrace, BUT YOU DONT THINK SO :roll: then Best not read anymore updates for you, so that you dont get upset :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:17 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:One thing for sure Chopra had his off the field Problems and they are his problems, But when it affects what he does on the Pitch or his behaviour when with the Club then it does have something to do with the Supporters. Why does it have something to do with us ? Because we are Cardiff City if there was no us there would be no Cardiff City, we bring money into the Club with Season Tickets, match day Tickets,bringing our Kids ETC, Merchandise.
And players, Management, Directors, Owners come and go. We will be here to the day we Die. So we do have a say and we have a right to our say weather its down the Pub in the Papers or on here. Carl / Annis / Daya /Topcat have a right to put on here what they hear but believe me they do not put everything on here as they believe it could either "harm the Club" or "betray the confidentiality of there Source" . I believe they only put a fraction of what they hear but that is my opinion.

But why did the Club not defend these Players after or even after the allegations of Hereford came out ? Because if they were innocent this Forum would of been vilified, And also the Echo ran the story, do you think for one second they would of ran that story without checking it first ? If the Story was a fabrication then they would of been open to being sued as this will affect those Players future Careers, i Believe Jay is now finding that out. JlS he actually looked hung over it was untrue, no one player Naylor aside can play that bad and not a Premiership one.

I do believe we was right to sell Chops and in my Opinion he was a bad influence and had to many problems and was not hungry enough, but i hope he sorts himself but i have my doubts. His Career is looking down not up but for his sakes i hope he sorts himself out. Thanks for the memories Chops and a lot of them were fantastic.

A Honest and true post Chief :ayatollah: And you are right with what i can and can't say at times Steve :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:25 pm

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=51714 :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:10 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
bornsurvivor wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
No,Def Not as if a player or players are out drinking/gambling 24/7 then HE IS THE ONE DAMAGING OUR CLUB.

Oh well, that's your opinion and you're entitled to it. I have to disagree as these updates are obviously causing unease amongst the playing staff. The playing staff will not always be party to what is actually going on at the club and rumour and misinformation is obviously going to discussed amonst them and may cause unease and dispondency.

If all my colleagues were discussing my "faults" and believing them to be true then I'd probably say 'f**k it' and just not bother, after all, they can't sack me and I'll still collect my wages.

Still, if you think what you're doing is in the best interests of the club who am I to argue.

As we totally Disagree and You believe we should not Say when the players are behaving badly, I would much rather say good things about the players off the pitch, But last Season they were a Disgrace, BUT YOU DONT THINK SO :roll: then Best not read anymore updates for you, so that you dont get upset :ayatollah:

The only thing that's concerning me is the fact that two of our (ex) players have come out and openly criticised the fans for what they say is spreading lies on messageboards. Jay and Chopra have both done it so presumably a lot of the other players read them as well. It's slightly worrying that it's come to this, I can't think of any other clubs where the players have spats like this with their supporters,it can't be good for the team surely?

Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:31 pm

MalkyM wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
bornsurvivor wrote:
if a player or players are out drinking/gambling 24/7 then HE IS THE ONE DAMAGING OUR CLUB.

The only thing that's concerning me is the fact that two of our (ex) players have come out and openly criticised the fans for what they say is spreading lies on messageboards. Jay and Chopra have both done it so presumably a lot of the other players read them as well. It's slightly worrying that it's come to this, I can't think of any other clubs where the players have spats like this with their supporters,it can't be good for the team surely?[/quote]

Spot on!! Now lets be clear. Its not the 'updates' that are causing all the unrest its the
comments of us on here. Chopra this last few days is a perfect example.

cunnt, tw*t, virus, wanker, scum.. to name a few choice descriptives

f**k me he's not killed anyone.

Any clown (and ive been as guilty as anyone) can come on the board and slag off a player,
and start page after page of foul-mouthed abuse against him. It CAN affect them, maybe
thats part of the reason they dont applaud the fans? they will all stick together in that
dressing room lads!!

When I say ANY clown, i do mean ANY... Cos it could be a Jack, or a supporter of a rival
club coming on here and stirring up shit.

Its time a lot of us had a f*cking good hard look at what we're typing about players

FFS some of the Goodwillie 'songs' lads have thought up make joking references to rape!!

Personal abuse of players should stop forthwith in my opinion, cos they WILL all stick
together. We are supposed to be all in it together.

I've yet to hear any of our players call the fans cunnts, twats and wankers, but i bet they
must sometimes think it!!!

CCFC - ONE LOVE????????

Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:36 pm

But Dave Chops and Jay got paid Hundreds of thousands of £'s AND TOTALLY FAILED TO DELIVER and then TURN IT ON THE FANS. Lets be Honest did the players Blame the Fans in the 80's, when they failed ?

Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:46 pm

Forever Blue wrote:But Dave Chops and Jay got paid Hundreds of thousands of £'s AND TOTALLY FAILED TO DELIVER and then TURN IT ON THE FANS. Lets be Honest did the players Blame the Fans in the 80's, when they failed ?

Agreed, he had a shite season, and i also believe he let us down, sad but true
cos i loved the little feller!

trouble is, some get too carried away. the personal abuse is getting beyond IMO
If he reads it, they all read it, if they all read it, they will all be left with a bad
taste in their mouths about the fans!!

Maybe someone ITK could find out just what the players feel about the horrific
abuse a few of them get?? We need to know, cos like you say, we're all in it together!!!
Are they reading the boards? are they feeling just as let down by us as we are by them??

if thats the case, what if anything do we do to set things right???

Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:58 pm

Chopra had not learnt anything has he?

There are a number of players I could mention who were screwed up but have turned their lives around. Paul Merson, addicted to drugs, overcame his problem and became a star players in the end. Tony Adams, went to jail for being drunk behind a wheel, served his sentance, knuckled down to what he does best play football and miracularly got back into the England team. Jan Molby being another who has done bad but came good.

Micheal Chopra, given another chance by the fans that idolised him and how has it turned out? By going to the papers and having a go at them. The thing here though is that in that article Chopra admits he should have not gone out thr friday, he admits he gets a buzz out of gambling when he is not scoring goals. That is not exactly turning his life around is it? No the guy needs to grow up and consider his responsibilites. Those responsibilities being he is looked upon with icon status by the young ones amongst us and he has let them down with his behaviour.

Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:59 pm

MalkyM wrote:The only thing that's concerning me is the fact that two of our (ex) players have come out and openly criticised the fans for what they say is spreading lies on messageboards. Jay and Chopra have both done it so presumably a lot of the other players read them as well. It's slightly worrying that it's come to this, I can't think of any other clubs where the players have spats like this with their supporters,it can't be good for the team surely?

It's really, really sad isn't it

The reason I, and I'm sure many people read this message board is because its often quite accurate (if not always) unlike a lot of message boards which are just full of gossip

But how can it be a good thing if its just disrupting our club like it has over the last season, as you say, how many other clubs has this happened to

I think the updates could be a good thing because Carl is quite clearly more in the know than any regular fan, BUT I just think that with matters that will quite obviously disrupt our club, it should be checked WITHOUT DOUBT that what he's being told is in fact true, before its posted on here along with things like "I've been told... ", because quite clearly, he's been told wrong on a few occasions and its seriously damaged our club

Annis, this is not a snipe and I know you will just disagree but honestly think you just need to look at it from the other point of view too and see how a lot of things on here could actually be damaging our club, you can say "don't read them/come on here" but what will that solve if its still actually damaging the club? I just wish that, with you being in control of this message board, you could see that there's a chance what I and others are saying may just be right and so help to do something about it, because I genuinely think you would be helping the club by doing so... There is clearly a problem somewhere here in all this, if Chopra and Bothroyd have both spoken out

And in response to taffy apple, its the updates that are causing the fans to criticise the players like they are, and when/if they're not true it makes it all the worse, I've never been one for slagging off players, never will and I can't stand people that do, I'm just saying that you said its not the updates causing the problem in the first place but I think it is...

Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:02 pm

taffyapple wrote:Are they reading the boards? are they feeling just as let down by us as we are by them??

TA, if players behave in a rational way then they would not have a problem with message boards.

Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:03 pm

scott_w_ccfc wrote:
MalkyM wrote:The only thing that's concerning me is the fact that two of our (ex) players have come out and openly criticised the fans for what they say is spreading lies on messageboards. Jay and Chopra have both done it so presumably a lot of the other players read them as well. It's slightly worrying that it's come to this, I can't think of any other clubs where the players have spats like this with their supporters,it can't be good for the team surely?

It's really, really sad isn't it

The reason I, and I'm sure many people read this message board is because its often quite accurate (if not always) unlike a lot of message boards which are just full of gossip

But how can it be a good thing if its just disrupting our club like it has over the last season, as you say, how many other clubs has this happened to

I think the updates could be a good thing because Carl is quite clearly more in the know than any regular fan, BUT I just think that with matters that will quite obviously disrupt our club, it should be checked WITHOUT DOUBT that what he's being told is in fact true, before its posted on here along with things like "I've been told... ", because quite clearly, he's been told wrong on a few occasions and its seriously damaged our club

Annis, this is not a snipe and I know you will just disagree but honestly think you just need to look at it from the other point of view too and see how a lot of things on here could actually be damaging our club, you can say "don't read them/come on here" but what will that solve if its still actually damaging the club? I just wish that, with you being in control of this message board, you could see that there's a chance what I and others are saying may just be right and so help to do something about it, because I genuinely think you would be helping the club by doing so... There is clearly a problem somewhere here in all this, if Chopra and Bothroyd have both spoken out

And in response to taffy apple, its the updates that are causing the fans to criticise the players like they are, and when/if they're not true it makes it all the worse, I've never been one for slagging off players, never will and I can't stand people that do, I'm just saying that you said its not the updates causing the problem in the first place but I think it is...

It's not the updates that cause the most abuse though, it's the way they play.
I agree that some people need to stop with the abuse, it will never be helpful even if it temporarily makes you feel better.
But most of the abuse I've seen on here is after certain players have been playing like shit.

Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:06 pm

As we totally Disagree and You believe we should not Say when the players are behaving badly, I would much rather say good things about the players off the pitch, But last Season they were a Disgrace, BUT YOU DONT THINK SO :roll: then Best not read anymore updates for you, so that you dont get upset :ayatollah:[/quote]

The only thing that's concerning me is the fact that two of our (ex) players have come out and openly criticised the fans for what they say is spreading lies on messageboards. Jay and Chopra have both done it so presumably a lot of the other players read them as well. It's slightly worrying that it's come to this, I can't think of any other clubs where the players have spats like this with their supporters,it can't be good for the team surely?[/quote]

But they cant except they Both Totally Failed, Did they or not Fail on the pitch last Season ?

Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:15 pm

Good luck on your future Chops :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:23 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
taffyapple wrote:Are they reading the boards? are they feeling just as let down by us as we are by them??

TA, if players behave in a rational way then they would not have a problem with message boards.

Do you mean when they fit the picture perfect image we
have of them, lifes not like that

Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:43 pm

mmmmmmmm so chopra finds an alibi to say he was not out, who does he find ??
the very person he was out with (supposidly not drinking either)
therefore they have given each other an alibi so were they at each others house ??
would have to be really, wouldnt they ?

then what do you do about the twitter posts and the physical viewings by fans all lies ????

bollux they were,

he was out and started to drag others with him hence VIRUS,
because thats what happens, and before you know it, its an epidemic and there is no control over it.

on other players
if a player comes onto a messageboard to see whats being said about him he needs to have thick skin, because as my old gran used to say

"YOU CANT PLEASE ALL THE PEOPLE, ALL THE TIME"

and should be ready to read critisizem as well as praise, end of.