Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WHITTS £2M TO FOXES.

Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:42 am

Leicester City have jumped to the head of the queue for CARDIFF midfielder PETER WHITTINGHAM.

Foxes boss Sven Goran Eriksson is battling NORWICH and PORTSMOUTH for the bluebird star.

LEICESTER'S Entry into the chase could push WHITTINGHAM'S value close to £2million.

(above taken from todays D.Mirror 29:06:2011)

Re: WHITTS £2M TO FOXES.

Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:47 am

Norwich can have him for £2.5m Would be madness to sell to somebody in our division.

Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:50 am

PtB wrote:Norwich can have him for £2.5m Would be madness to sell to somebody in our division.

id be happy with that idea...

we could use that cash to strengthen with possibly 2 players of decent value..

Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:54 am

id take anything 1 mill upwards, get shot of the lazy git

don't get me wrong on his day he's class, but when is his day? when does he choose to turn up? i knew after having that freak season where he scored goals for fun it wouldn't last, should have got rid then

Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:55 am

PtB wrote:Norwich can have him for £2.5m Would be madness to sell to somebody in our division.

I'd be shitting myself if he was playing for anyone else and he got the
ball anywhere near our box!!!

Get him Norwich!!

OR...... lets see if he fits in with Malkys plans

Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:56 am

I got all excited when i came from you Tony as you know what you are on about. Then i saw your quote was from the Mirror :o :cry: and realised you would of had a more accurate report if you got it from the Sport :lol: :lol:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:57 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:Leicester City have jumped to the head of the queue for CARDIFF midfielder PETER WHITTINGHAM.

Foxes boss Sven Goran Eriksson is battling NORWICH and PORTSMOUTH for the bluebird star.

LEICESTER'S Entry into the chase could push WHITTINGHAM'S value close to £2million.

Did the daily mirror have all those CAPITALS in it?

Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:00 am

Nuclearblue wrote:I got all excited when i came from you Tony as you know what you are on about. Then i saw your quote was from the Mirror :o :cry: and realised you would of had a more accurate report if you got it from the Sport :lol: :lol:

Cheers Steve :ayatollah: This has not come from any info i have had (as you know) ;)

That's why i have added where i have got this,could be just rumors...but would fans take £2M Or above for WHITTS :?:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:01 am

taffyapple wrote:

I'd be shitting myself if he was playing for anyone else and he got the
ball anywhere near our box!!!

Get him Norwich!!

OR...... lets see if he fits in with Malkys plans

that shows you have no confidence in our keeper or defence to deal with the cross.. everytime we conceed a corner of free kick nr the box im on pins...

Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:03 am

Anything less than 3m Is a bargain for any club.

Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:04 am

hes only a threat at freekicks or penalties. he does shit all except slow us down when we break because he coudnt go past a an effing road cone

Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:10 am

Lmfao some people havent gota clue.

whitts is one of our best players. technically one of the best we have had in a very long time. id struggle to sell for £3mill

people call him lazy because they hear somebody else calling him lazy and just feel the need to blame somebody for us not winning.

it is an Opta Stats FACT, yest fact !!1 that he is one of the hardest working players on the team. he has averaged a goal in every 4 games with us from midfield over the space of 5 YEARS!! his assists have been in the top 2 of the team every year also

people who want him gone are absolute idiots, especially wen all the facts are there and they just choose to ignore them. he is a cardiff player FFS GET BEHIND HIM AND EVERYONE ELSE

Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:11 am

jezzy666 wrote:Lmfao some people havent gota clue.

whitts is one of our best players. technically one of the best we have had in a very long time. id struggle to sell for £3mill

people call him lazy because they hear somebody else calling him lazy and just feel the need to blame somebody for us not winning.

it is an Opta Stats FACT, yest fact !!1 that he is one of the hardest working players on the team. he has averaged a goal in every 4 games with us from midfield over the space of 5 YEARS!! his assists have been in the top 2 of the team every year also

people who want him gone are absolute idiots, especially wen all the facts are there and they just choose to ignore them. he is a cardiff player FFS GET BEHIND HIM AND EVERYONE ELSE

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:21 am

Ben wrote:id take anything 1 mill upwards, get shot of the lazy git

don't get me wrong on his day he's class, but when is his day? when does he choose to turn up? i knew after having that freak season where he scored goals for fun it wouldn't last, should have got rid then

Yeah lets ship the lazy git out and at the same time ship McNaughton out too, He didn't score enough goals. He's only one of the best midfielders in the league anyway. Just because he hasn't got an engine lke Rambo he's shit. 1m Won't get you much these days, Wise up ffs He is a brilliant player.

Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:28 am

Kanester wrote:

Yeah lets ship the lazy git out and at the same time ship McNaughton out too, He didn't score enough goals. He's only one of the best midfielders in the league anyway. Just because he hasn't got an engine lke Rambo he's shit. 1m Won't get you much these days, Wise up ffs He is a brilliant player.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

haha spot on. it was like a comment i repleid to yesterday....somebody said whitts couldnt be a central midfielder because he wasnt strong enough, wasnt a tool.

you dont all have to be a big rock like essien or huddlestone. you dont have to be quick to be a wide player. Burke was quick, but dear me his end result was shocking, he doesnt stike a ball well, if he could shoot like whitts he could of scored more than whitts with some of the chances he had !!

Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:36 am

Why are we even considering selling him ffs, absulute madness if we sell witingham.. Id be gutted if we sold him!

Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:38 am

Agree 100% with the above very similar to what i posted yesterday :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:39 am

Spot on Jez.
People call him lazy cos he isn't running around like a loon and smashing into people.

Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:43 am

KyleV wrote:

Spot on Jez.
People call him lazy cos he isn't running around like a loon and smashing into people.

yeah if he did that they would be complaining he gives away too many free kicks !!

ahh i do love football :)

Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:12 am

Couldnt agree more

:ayatollah:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:54 am

THIS!!!!!!!! There is no other midfielder to match Whitts in this division! Madness to sell him!

Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:06 pm

I have just been over to take a look at the Leicester messageborad,to see if they have an update.

I Was surprised to see 7 pages and started on 23rd june,but part of their info came from the 2 messageborads down here.

The thread was started by ryhs1927 on this one 20th june with LEICESTER CITY and NOTTM FOREST - Both clubs wanting to thrash out a £1M deal,at the time of posting.

Looks like with other teams in for WHITTS,Is there a bidding war going on :?:
Or is he happy to stay at CARDIFF CITY :?:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:17 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:I have just been over to take a look at the Leicester messageborad,to see if they have an update.

I Was surprised to see 7 pages and started on 23rd june,but part of their info came from the 2 messageborads down here.

The thread was started by ryhs1927 on this one 20th june with LEICESTER CITY and NOTTM FOREST - Both clubs wanting to thrash out a £1M deal,at the time of posting.

Tony I hope this is a non starter as I believe Whitts is the most talented footballer at our club. I know he has a reputation for being a little lethargic but I think thats just his way.

I hope MM keeps him at the club and finds a way of getting Whitts into the game in the right areas of the pitch maybe then we will see the player who scored the 27 goals the season before last.

Money cannot buy a midfield player with a goal threat like that. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:22 pm

we have seen some great performances from whitts and we know what he is capable of...but i still think he has more to offer. i wouldn't get rid of him unless a bid of 3mill or so comes in. we can't lose a quality player to clubs offering silly money like 1million.

Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:24 pm

if he does go, our current midfield would be wildig, taiwo, mcphail and conway..

maybe we should keep whitts but bring in other players and make competition for places .. that way it will stop them from thinking , oh well im guaranteed to start next game anyway.

Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:34 pm

I am fed up of this lazy nonsense , just because he doesn't crash into tackles and run around like a headless chicken it is all "get rid",etc.

I thought he was our best player over 2 legs against Reading.

Anyone who doubts his abilities should look at some the goals he scored - the volley against Barnsley last season (I think ?) or the goal against 'Boro in the cup for example :ayatollah:

a player who with the right players around him could be our creative source in midfield as proven by his assist stats over past few seasons.

Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:38 pm

Why has an article from a dodgy newspaper claiming a Cardiff City player is on the move to Leiecester got into the sticky section? without any evidence proof or backing that an offer or bid has been made? Just saying? :?

Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:49 pm

castleblue wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:I have just been over to take a look at the Leicester messageborad,to see if they have an update.

Tony I hope this is a non starter as I believe Whitts is the most talented footballer at our club. I know he has a reputation for being a little lethargic but I think thats just his way.

I hope MM keeps him at the club and finds a way of getting Whitts into the game in the right areas of the pitch maybe then we will see the player who scored the 27 goals the season before last.

Agree with you Gary,are we going to let another player go for less than he is worth :?:
if you take a look at both the LEICESTER and PORTSMOUTH - Fans sites they think they might have a bargain at under £2M.
(if he goes)

Money cannot buy a midfield player with a goal threat like that. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:50 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:Leicester City have jumped to the head of the queue for CARDIFF midfielder PETER WHITTINGHAM.

Topcat, always enjoy your posts mate , but I can assure you Whitts will not be leaving CCS this summer, as I've reiterated many time he's extremely happy at Cardiff. Appreciate this is a Mirror quote ..

Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:52 pm

Could be just about enough to pay off the Ray Ranson loan, couldn't it???