Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: WHITTS £2M TO FOXES.

Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:56 pm

He is of slight build and therefore should not be throwing his body in front of the ball. He has a great touch and we all know his set play qualities and his assist qualities. People have very short memories, dont blame the lack of promotion on Whittingham, with a good squad around him and good service he should be one of our greatest assets. Some people on here wouldnt be happy until everyone of the previous seasons team was gone. jugde individuals on individual merits not just on the teams merit

Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:02 pm

IMO we can not afford to sell Whitts, Hudson, Gerrard, McNaughton, or Keinan. I'm 100% certain we should have stuck by Chopra, I don't give a monkeys what he does in his own time as long as it isn't something that effects the game we pay to watch! He has been a wrongun' lately, but I just think Malky could have turned him around.... I also personally believe that if we don't get Bellamy back - then we will struggle to make the playoff's - because I can't see us paying out a fee to get anyone in who is any where near as good as Bellamy and can bring with him the heart, team spirit and determination that he has.

I still believe though, come 1st game of the season Whittingham will be a Cardiff player. :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:06 pm

cecilccfc wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:Leicester City have jumped to the head of the queue for CARDIFF midfielder PETER WHITTINGHAM.

Foxes boss Sven Goran Eriksson is battling NORWICH and PORTSMOUTH for the bluebird star.

LEICESTER'S Entry into the chase could push WHITTINGHAM'S value close to £2million.

(above taken from todays D.Mirror 29:06:2011)

Topcat, always enjoy your posts mate , but I can assure you Whitts will not be leaving CCS this summer, as I've reiterated many time he's extremely happy at Cardiff. Appreciate this is a Mirror quote ..

Thanks for your kind words cecilccfc :ayatollah: As i have posted and you say this has come from a paper,not any info from people to me.

i hope he stays,there are players at our club who rate Whitts very highly :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:11 pm

jezzy666 wrote:Lmfao some people havent gota clue.

whitts is one of our best players. technically one of the best we have had in a very long time. id struggle to sell for £3mill

people call him lazy because they hear somebody else calling him lazy and just feel the need to blame somebody for us not winning.

it is an Opta Stats FACT, yest fact !!1 that he is one of the hardest working players on the team. he has averaged a goal in every 4 games with us from midfield over the space of 5 YEARS!! his assists have been in the top 2 of the team every year also

people who want him gone are absolute idiots, especially wen all the facts are there and they just choose to ignore them. he is a cardiff player FFS GET BEHIND HIM AND EVERYONE ELSE

totally agree....

2010/2011

45 league appearances.... more than any other city player...
11goals.........
10 goals assists......
4 yellows...

http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/D ... 07,00.html[url][/url]

Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:24 pm

Didn't we have this rubbish about him last summer?
I don't think he's going anywhere until MM speaks to him. He continues to produce for the team, even though he looks ponderous at times. His defensive work was much improved last season. DJ seemed afraid to drop him, hopefully MM will do so when required to give him a kick up the backside.

Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:55 pm

this could start a bidding war, i reckon we'll get £3mil for this

Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:18 pm

jezzy666 wrote:Lmfao some people havent gota clue.

whitts is one of our best players. technically one of the best we have had in a very long time. id struggle to sell for £3mill

people call him lazy because they hear somebody else calling him lazy and just feel the need to blame somebody for us not winning.

it is an Opta Stats FACT, yest fact !!1 that he is one of the hardest working players on the team. he has averaged a goal in every 4 games with us from midfield over the space of 5 YEARS!! his assists have been in the top 2 of the team every year also

people who want him gone are absolute idiots, especially wen all the facts are there and they just choose to ignore them. he is a cardiff player FFS GET BEHIND HIM AND EVERYONE ELSE

Could not have said it any better myself :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:26 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:
cecilccfc wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:Leicester City have jumped to the head of the queue for CARDIFF midfielder PETER WHITTINGHAM.

Foxes boss Sven Goran Eriksson is battling NORWICH and PORTSMOUTH for the bluebird star.

LEICESTER'S Entry into the chase could push WHITTINGHAM'S value close to £2million.

Topcat, always enjoy your posts mate , but I can assure you Whitts will not be leaving CCS this summer, as I've reiterated many time he's extremely happy at Cardiff. Appreciate this is a Mirror quote ..

Thanks for your kind words cecilccfc :ayatollah: As i have posted and you say this has come from a paper,not any info from people to me.

i hope he stays,there are players at our club who rate Whitts very highly :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Yeah appreciate that mate, I spoke to whitts saturday and he reiterated to a few of us how happy he is, although naturally don't talk about the subject much as its summer. So all the haters need to remember what he's done for us and this lazy tag is laughable as he will tell you opta stats put him as one of the hardest workers in team. Topman topcat

Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:26 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:
cecilccfc wrote:

Yeah appreciate that mate, I spoke to whitts saturday and he reiterated to a few of us how happy he is, although naturally don't talk about the subject much as its summer. So all the haters need to remember what he's done for us and this lazy tag is laughable as he will tell you opta stats put him as one of the hardest workers in team. Topman topcat

Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:58 pm

I'm a fan of Whitts I think he must stay ! :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:16 pm

I just think its down to Malky.I'm sure he'll have a big say in weather he stays or goes. :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:17 pm

Would possibly consider an offer in the region of 3.5 million, which is unlikley to happen. Anything less would be a step backwards. players of Whitts calibre are hard to replace.

He's a Bluebird, a commited and happy one. Lets keep it that way. No logic in giving any of our rivals a bargin.

Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:53 pm

Correct me if im wrong TC, But heard that today there was an official bid from Pompey which Cardiff rejected

Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:20 pm

Double G wrote:Correct me if im wrong TC, But heard that today there was an official bid from Pompey which Cardiff rejected

GG - Someone on the LEICESTER forum said he was having a medical at Pompey :?: :?:

The Wales on line have a story with Whitts and NORWICH,showing an interest today.

Then there is the story which the D.Mirror ran this morning with the Foxes interested.

Will try and find out later,just got back in :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:24 pm

I can't believe all the talk of allowing one of our best players if not the most skill full to go. We should all bare in mind the number of goals and assists he is responsible for. If we are to get promotion we need his services.

Under no circumstances must he be allowed to go to a team in the same division.

Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:28 pm

Keep him, by far the most gifted player at the club. for those who dont want him, remember the goals he has scored, the chances he creates for others and his selfless attitude. He is a team player and wherever he is asked to play, he does the job for the team.
Absolute lunacy to sell the best player at the club IMO. He along with Bellers were the stand out performers at the club in the second half of the season, esp the tackles he made in defending, yes defending the goal area instead of a walkabout Oli. Whitts didnt go missing, give him the praise he deserves. :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:29 pm

BlueView wrote:I can't believe all the talk of allowing one of our best players if not the most skill full to go. We should all bare in mind the number of goals and assists he is responsible for. If we are to get promotion we need his services.

Under no circumstances must he be allowed to go to a team in the same division.

We should keep him,let alone go to any club :ayatollah: Agree with you BlueView :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Imo if Cardiff where serious about moving onwards and upwards they should dop everything they can even if it breaks the wage cap at City to keep hold of Whitts. He for me is theeee player we really need to keep. I really hope City offer him a bumper deal :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:37 pm

Best left foot in the league.

Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:03 pm

I don't pay any attention to English papers regarding rumours about CCFC players. Yesterday they had Portsmouth favourites to sign him and set to make a £1.5m bid, then today they had Leicester as favourites and set to make a £2m bid ! :roll:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:58 pm

Whitts is a must keep player, you only got to look at the goals he's scored and the assists he's made. Also a cracking left foot. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:48 am

2 years left on his contract! is that true? I thought it was only 1. If it is true then screw that, we could demand £4 mill. Especially if Norwich are interested. They are a prem team now.

Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:48 am

canton blue wrote:Whitts is a must keep player, you only got to look at the goals he's scored and the assists he's made. Also a cracking left foot. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Season before last was much better for him goal wise and contribution wise, so play him wide with Conway on the other side...

If Bellamy comes back (fingers crossed) play him up front his best position....

Bring in two good box to box Central midfielders.......

And watch us fly :ayatollah: :ayatollah: