Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MARGETSON TO CARRY ON!

Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:08 am

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -28959951/

I did think he would have been the first to go to be honest... strange decision in my opinion...

thoughts?

Re: MARGETSON TO CARRY ON!

Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:12 am

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballnation/cardiff-city-fc/2011/06/29/martyn-margetson-carries-on-at-cardiff-city-91466-28959951/

I did think he would have been the first to go to be honest... strange decision in my opinion...

thoughts?

My thought's are the same as yours. Have'nt seen much improvement in any of our keepers, under his coaching.

Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:13 am

Why did you think he'd been first to go? Wht evidence have you got that he's been a bad coach?

Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:15 am

Seeing as Ardley is reckoned to be the new assistant manager
id say good old Wales Online are guessing again!!!

Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:17 am

Gump wrote:Why did you think he'd been first to go? Wht evidence have you got that he's been a bad coach?

that was my opinion, dont think our keepers have been that good at all.. bywater, heaton, marshall, taylor, dimi kanscoreanhomegoal...

none of these are any good at coming for crosses or commanding their box...

the evidence is plain to see. our goalkeepers are not great.. i get nervous on any corner or set piece thus telling i have no confidence in them to deal with set piece... surely this is something that a good goalkeeper coach would identify and work on..

if he his working on it i didnt see any signs of improvement..

Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:34 am

I can't believe he's staying either, look what he's done to every keeper he's worked with!!

Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:49 am

Spoke with a City scout on the weekend when i questioned Margetson's ability as a coach he said he just gets his head down and coaches Jones would not allow an opinion.
Young polish keeper we had Erwin Sak was rated but Jones off loaded saying he was to small, hopefully we now have a manager who is more open minded and will actually listen to his fellow coaches opinions. :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:05 am

In fairness to Martyn he had very little input to what keepers DJ brought in.
Before DJ brought in the keepers he asked Martyn his opinion and Martyn told DJ that 4 of the keepers we have used were not good enough.
Martyn suggested alternative names but DJ told him that the 4 were highly recommended and that he was happy to use them.
DJ went against Martyn's judgement and brought them in anyway!

Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:18 am

Port Talbot Bluebird wrote:In fairness to Martyn he had very little input to what keepers DJ brought in.
Before DJ brought in the keepers he asked Martyn his opinion and Martyn told DJ that 4 of the keepers we have used were not good enough.
Martyn suggested alternative names but DJ told him that the 4 were highly recommended and that he was happy to use them.
DJ went against Martyn's judgement and brought them in anyway!

Ah fair enough then, what happened to alexander? Did we have to sell him or face didn't fit?

Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:43 am

IN ALL FAIRNESS TO MARGETSON I DONT THINK THERE IS A GOALKEEPING COACH IN THE WORLD WHO COULD HAVE IMPROVED BYWATER. BUT I THINK MM WILL BE SEEING HOW ALL THE STAFF OPERATE, AND KICK OUT THOSE WHO DONT DO THE BUISNESS.

Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:43 am

I've got nothing against Margeston but how comes he is GK coach?

Not too long ago, we had GEORGE WOOD in that position, who did a tremendous job, imo. But George was kicked out by Sam, cos George's boy Jamie signed for ManCity... let's not forget that :old:

btw, when George was in charge, 2 average keepers were solid as rocks: Alexander and Margetson

"He's got no hair, but we don't care...Georgie, Georgie Wood!" :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:54 pm

Can anyone confirm this is actually true ? thought the whole backroom staff would be reshuffled too ! :cry:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:40 pm

Excuse me if I am wrong but didn't one of Annis' posts recently hint that the existing keepers (specifically Marshall) weren't too enamoured with Margetson's coaching methods/abilities??

We certainly need to command our goal-line from crosses next season wHOEVER takes the reins!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:41 pm

Hofmeister wrote:I've got nothing against Margeston but how comes he is GK coach?

Not too long ago, we had GEORGE WOOD in that position, who did a tremendous job, imo. But George was kicked out by Sam, cos George's boy Jamie signed for ManCity... let's not forget that :old:

btw, when George was in charge, 2 average keepers were solid as rocks: Alexander and Margetson

Sam get it wrong or hold a grudge?? Surely not!! :lol: :lol:

I remember it well.... :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:38 pm

Sven Ghali wrote:Excuse me if I am wrong but didn't one of Annis' posts recently hint that the existing keepers (specifically Marshall) weren't too enamoured with Margetson's coaching methods/abilities??

We certainly need to command our goal-line from crosses next season wHOEVER takes the reins!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

totally agree....

Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:41 am

Sven Ghali wrote:
Hofmeister wrote:I've got nothing against Margeston but how comes he is GK coach?

Sam get it wrong or hold a grudge?? Surely not!! :lol: :lol:

I remember it well.... :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

most dont want to remember...

Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:32 am

its about time this clown was gone. no improvment, just does the same crap, hardly one to tell others what to do

out with the old...