Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Off Topic: Any Motorcyclists On Here....??

Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:52 am

Over the years I have noted that there are several motorcycles parked outside the stadium at any given game....

I know that Big Gwyn is a motorcyclist (a Harley Davidson, I believe) and now has the scars to prove it (hope they're healing well, Gwyn :ayatollah: )

Personally, I ride a Honda ST1300 Pan European after many years of FireBlades and R1's (including many Track days and trips to the Nurburgring)

How about you guys??

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Off Topic: Any Motorcyclists On Here....??

Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:33 pm

Nothing special but i have a Derbi GPR 50cc bike as im becoming 17 and getting a car soon... :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:38 pm

MrT21 wrote:Nothing special but i have a Derbi GPR 50cc bike as im becoming 17 and getting a car soon... :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

We got over 40 members in the Valley Commandos now, and at least ten of us are big City fans, mostly Harleys but we allow the occasional Jap crap to come with us just so people can appreciate how much better our bikes really are. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:58 pm

CBR1000RR :D

Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:04 pm

CBR125 lol :D :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:39 pm

Ive got a Harley (unfortunately im only the pillion rider) :lol:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:06 pm

MrT21 wrote:Nothing special but i have a Derbi GPR 50cc bike as im becoming 17 and getting a car soon... :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Hey, we all had to start somewhehere. Mine was an Italjet 50 at Llandow (followed by trials and motocross competitions on Honda, Bultaco, Suzuki and Ossa units) and a Suzuki TS 125 at 17 as I didn't do the moped thing.

The point is you RIDE mate and I'll give you the 'bikers wave' as you go passed regardless what you're on....

Good luck.... ;)

Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:35 pm

I ued to own a Susuki 600 Bandit. Will get another bike sometime thats for sure most prob a CBR 600 or similar :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:45 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:I ued to own a Susuki 600 Bandit. Will get another bike sometime thats for sure most prob a CBR 600 or similar :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Go for it NuclearBlue... :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:49 pm

Gwyn, i noticed about 150 harleys at culverhouse cross the other weekend,great sight seeing them holding up the cars to pass thru in one huge convoy.Was it the V.C. and Outlaws as i was told,where were you all going?

Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:07 pm

redcamp legend wrote:Gwyn, i noticed about 150 harleys at culverhouse cross the other weekend,great sight seeing them holding up the cars to pass thru in one huge convoy.Was it the V.C. and Outlaws as i was told,where were you all going?

Yes it was the Outlaws and they were in Cardiff for a weekend as part of their national ride out, it looks a hell of a sight when you see a crowd of bikes especially those numbers.

Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:45 pm

I used to have big bikes in the past and have not been on one for some 15yrs but because I sometimes work nights, I am pissed off at having to leave a match 10 mins early in order to get my car out of the car park so I have just bought (sorry Gwyn more Jap crap) a CB 500 which will now allow me to stay to the end of a game and still get to work on time.I will no doubt get some stick off some of my mates such as Speedy who visits me on his massive 1600 cc and who I beleive is a member of Gwyns gang.

Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:01 pm

Used to own a Harley XL1200C Custom Sportster

Looked the business and was the loudest fecking bike I've ever heard. It roared.
A complete and utter bitch to ride though. Straight line ok, but cornering was a non event. That along with a sore arse after a couple of hours made it uncomfortable as an everyday bike.
1 hour riding it... bloody 3 hours cleaning the chrome. Never again! :roll:

Now own what I should have bought in the first place. A Triumph Tiger 1050.
Very quick, corners like a sports bike, you sit nice and high so visibility is excellent and a gel seat makes travelling back and forth from Northampton to Cardiff a pain free experience.

Can't recommend it enough. Brilliant bike.

Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:15 pm

I use to have a 2006 Suzuki gsxr 600 - but sold it recently. Will have to get another soon! Missing my bike! :(

Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:57 pm

had bikes most of my life,bsa barracuda250,passed my test, triumph bonneville650,then went a little quicker on a race tuned
650 triton built by richard racing of city road.then onto kawasaki 250,gpz 600r,gpz900r which i sold to buy a 350tz engine to race the 1992 isle of man tt and blew the tw*t to bits on cregwillys hill.but it was fun :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:24 pm

I have a honda vf750c not yet rode for a match day

Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:31 pm

Have had a few crossers: YZ 250,RM 250 (which got half inched :evil: ) and a KX125 never raced them tho just used for fun up the mountains by me,not bothering with motocross bikes anymore tho as they r nothin but trouble (most people think that people who ride them r the anti christ) and as u cant insure them if if they get pinched u've had it,thinkin of doin my direct access etc maybe next summer and then gettin a KTM supermoto on the road :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:34 pm

Where are we going to park our bikes? I have noticed there is small bike parking space on the retail park in front of subway and another one in the far corner of the car park but will we be exempt from parking fines if we park there on match day? Does anyone know if we can park in the stadium itself because otherwise I am considering parking down by Canton rugby club if nobody can suggest a better place.

Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:46 pm

I normally park at Gol in Lawrenny Ave.

They look after my Jacket and helmet behind the bar when I'm inside the ground.

Good guys down there. :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:32 am

Bluebird64 wrote:Where are we going to park our bikes? I have noticed there is small bike parking space on the retail park in front of subway and another one in the far corner of the car park but will we be exempt from parking fines if we park there on match day? Does anyone know if we can park in the stadium itself because otherwise I am considering parking down by Canton rugby club if nobody can suggest a better place.

Parking at the car park entrance opposite the old stadium on Sloper Road....

Always spaces there but not sure if they are part of the stadium parking scheme....

Anyone else know??

Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:36 am

lostcityboy wrote:had bikes most of my life,bsa barracuda250,passed my test, triumph bonneville650,then went a little quicker on a race tuned
650 triton built by richard racing of city road.then onto kawasaki 250,gpz 600r,gpz900r which i sold to buy a 350tz engine to race the 1992 isle of man tt and blew the tw*t to bits on cregwillys hill.but it was fun :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

My old man (in the late 50's/early 60's) and brother (more recently) have done the IOM TT (as racers) and I know a few others who did too....

I'm sure you will have known the late great Malcolm Uphill who was a superb racer and a good family friend....

Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:21 am

I've had 3 in the last year all 50(only 16) 2 peds a gilera runner and a yamaha neos now got a gilera gsm (enduro type thing) :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:35 am

Sven Ghali wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:Where are we going to park our bikes? I have noticed there is small bike parking space on the retail park in front of subway and another one in the far corner of the car park but will we be exempt from parking fines if we park there on match day? Does anyone know if we can park in the stadium itself because otherwise I am considering parking down by Canton rugby club if nobody can suggest a better place.

Parking at the car park entrance opposite the old stadium on Sloper Road....

Always spaces there but not sure if they are part of the stadium parking scheme....

Anyone else know??

Cheers, does anyone else know any other areas where we can safely park our bikes without fear of being booked and is there any bike spaces inside the CCS as you would think that they would have provided some bike spaces?

Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:38 am

Suzuki GSXR 1000 K5...................motherfukcing awesome.

who needs sex when you ride a GSX

Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:52 am

blue for you wrote:Suzuki GSXR 1000 K5...................motherfukcing awesome.

who needs sex when you ride a GSX

My mate 'Uncle Fester' rides a K5 and took it to the Nurburgring a couple of times. I WAS awesome and undoubtedly the best of all the Gixxer 1000's as they messed too much with the electronics from K6 onwards.... :ayatollah: :ayatollah: