Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" THE FACTS REGARDING CHOPRA "

Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:24 pm

Chopra when at his best one of my All time best players, Sadly his off the field Activities let him down.

When All the stories came out regarding The players out and Chopra being one of them, incl Chops on the Saturday night Twittering from Bar Soda.
Did Our Club Stand by them and Speak out in their Defence ? No they Never, Because The Club knew they had done wrong.
He is a Heavy Gambler and his gambling and off the pitch activities were starting to affect his playing career, You could all see that for your selves.
Him and DJ were not seeing eye to eye in the end, DJ in my opinion should of sorted him out.

When Chopra got Sold to Ipswich.

Chops never asked to leave, Chops never asked for a Transfer, Never asked if he could go to Ipswich.
The Malaysians, Decided they wanted to Sell him, The Malaysians wanted him gone, The Malaysians sorted all his debts out (then took out of what was owed to them, before he left), The Malaysians felt his wages were to high, The Malaysians felt it was time for Chops to move on :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=51691

Re: " THE FACTS REGARDING CHOPRA "

Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:27 pm

Agree with every word.
Rated Chopra highly when he was good and will be sad to see him go, but I think the timing was right for him and us.

Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:28 pm

i love chopra and he was a fans favourite but i think he was a bit too out of control and was time for him to move on. will miss singing what's that coming over the hill :(

Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:33 pm

Chopra was always my favourite player but most of this season chnged my mind we dont need people like that at the club he gave us good times but shat on his time with us in the end

Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:34 pm

Annis couldnt you have slipped the word Malaysians in there 1 more time :lol: :lol: :lol:

seriously tho I see where your coming from and he's a liability and I can see similarities where Celtic FC got rid of Hartson coz his off field activities were bringing the football club into disrepute , particularly involving his ex wife . Celtic's owners didnt want any bad press and I can see how the Malaysians are thinking especially with City getting their " Family Club " awards .

Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:35 pm

Definitely one of the BIG egos at our club, as was described by the Malaysians. His time at CCFC was, not surprisingly, well & truly up. He could & should have done a lot more at City. :x

Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:35 pm

Do the malaysians have the final say on everything regarding transfers? I thought they were only a 40% share holder?

What If Malky Mackay wanted to keep him? Would the malaysians have stood in his way?

Regarding the Saturday night???? I thought it was the Friday the night of the awards? and the other night in question was the sunday night before our monday fixture against Boro? I was led to believe it was only Jay-Lloyd Samuel that had been up til all hours on that early morning outing before the game?

This is also just a question but does anyone actually have any HARD worthy evidence that shows Chopra was in deed out of his skin on either occasion?

I am not in anyway doubting that Mr Chopra certainly didn't do him or the club any good over the alledged incedences, Just seems like alot of people jumped on the band wagon without actually giving it a 2nd though?

Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:36 pm

Warrior wrote:yes it was time for him to go, his form had gone down hill badly last season, the Malaysian rule the roost, they sold him good enough for me :ayatollah:

Warrior - What Annis has said is correct,but the club will say "it suited both parties".

His form was not the best last season,but it was a stop -start season for me.

But yes both you and Annis are correct - the Malaysians rule the roost :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:40 pm

Merlin wrote:Do the malaysians have the final say on everything regarding transfers? I thought they were only a 40% share holder?

What If Malky Mackay wanted to keep him? Would the malaysians have stood in his way?

Regarding the Saturday night???? I thought it was the Friday the night of the awards? and the other night in question was the sunday night before our monday fixture against Boro? I was led to believe it was only Jay-Lloyd Samuel that had been up til all hours on that early morning outing before the game?

This is also just a question but does anyone actually have any HARD worthy evidence that shows Chopra was in deed out of his skin on either occasion?

I am not in anyway doubting that Mr Chopra certainly didn't do him or the club any good over the alledged incedences, Just seems like alot of people jumped on the band wagon without actually giving it a 2nd though?

Craig, Yes they DO, THEY ARE RUNNING THE SHOW TOTALLY, yes they only have about 39% of the Club at the moment, But as they are the only ones putting their money in, THEY RUN THE WHOLE SHOW. They are changing some of the the money they put in at the next Share holders meeting for more Shares.

Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:45 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Merlin wrote:Do the malaysians have the final say on everything regarding transfers? I thought they were only a 40% share holder?

Craig, Yes they DO, THEY ARE RUNNING THE SHOW TOTALLY, yes they only have about 39% of the Club at the moment, But as they are the only ones putting their money in, THEY RUN THE WHOLE SHOW. They are changing some of the the money they put in at the next Share holders meeting for more Shares.

Ok, interesting Annis, I was just thinking about what Malky Mackay would have wanted? would he be happy with people above him telling him who he can and can't sell ?

Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:46 pm

Merlin wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Ok, interesting Annis, I was just thinking about what Malky Mackay would have wanted? would he be happy with people above him telling him who he can and can't sell ?

Chops was Sold before Malky came here :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:54 pm

True enough.....

But IMO I don't see the point in selling him until a manager became available, maybe Malky was gutted we sold him? Perhaps he thought he might have been able to turn him around, like DJ did with so many players with off field problems?

Like you said Annis the malaysians are not really football people and are still trying to put their feet flat on the ground regarding football matters, maybe the footballing decisions are best left to people that know what they are doing?

I just think that this is a sale that will come back to haunt us in BOTH games against Ipswich.....

Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:07 pm

Merlin wrote:True enough.....

But IMO I don't see the point in selling him until a manager became available, maybe Malky was gutted we sold him? Perhaps he thought he might have been able to turn him around, like DJ did with so many players with off field problems?

Like you said Annis the malaysians are not really football people and are still trying to put their feet flat on the ground regarding football matters, maybe the footballing decisions are best left to people that know what they are doing?

I just think that this is a sale that will come back to haunt us in BOTH games against Ipswich.....

Craig
I was stunned they got rid of him before a manager had been appointed but maybe in my first post above, they were some of the reasons.

Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:10 pm

We've ALWAYS had a shit record against Ipswich in the league, and can you honestly say that selling them Chopra is going to help improve it for us?? I don't!

Why? because after the pre season under A NEW MANAGER - Chopra will be back to his best and will probably end up destroying most of the teams he plays against with a solid run in the team.....

This is because Chopra is an out and out engine and goal scoring machine, and probably only acted the way he did because A certain Mr Jones let him get away with it on too many occasions over the time he had control over him..... Sad, but true. IMO

Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:24 pm

I hope Gerrard snaps one of his legs now! :lol:

I shouldn't say that tbh, but unless he's not playing, Ipswich will probably end up beating us, getting to be bit of a bogey team of late! :(

Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:25 pm

Yes correct Annis the Malyasians wanted him gone. For the reasons you said and more which I expect you know about so can't be said on the messageboard but they were very very bad and would deffinetly have caused big problems in the dressing room.
Despite all that I wish chops the very best for his future and while he was here despite all the shit he was still one my favourites :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:30 pm

Chops was always my favourite player too but think he had to go :(

Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:01 pm

to be honest i think some of the stuff said about him on here when it happens is bullshit. Someone on here nearly everyday just so happens to see a cardiff footballer or someone linked to the club, then come up with a rumour which some people bite on and it turns out to be shite. I admit, i believed it when people on here said they saw him drinking at silly o clock in the morning prior to the boro game...but was it true? i think not

Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:19 pm

No offence Annis but you don't really know this do you?
Why post this as fact when you have no more knowledge of what is going on at the club than any of us?
More importantly why are so many people taking stuff as gospel?
Was there any proof that Chops and the rest were out on the piss before the Boro game?
Make your own minds up - don't believe rumours.

Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:27 pm

Slim Shady wrote:No offence Annis but you don't really know this do you?
Why post this as fact when you have no more knowledge of what is going on at the club than any of us?
Was there any proof that Chops and the rest were out on the piss before the Boro game?

I agree with you actually. There seems to be quite a bit of bullshit rumours and chinese whispers on here

Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:28 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:
Warrior wrote:yes it was time for him to go, his form had gone down hill badly last season, the Malaysian rule the roost, they sold him good enough for me :ayatollah:

Warrior - What Annis has said is correct,but the club will say "it suited both parties".

But yes both you and Annis are correct - the Malaysians rule the roost :ayatollah:

Dont ban me for asking this, but WHY would the malaysians sort out his debts and then sell him?

When we all know ipswich wanted him and we could have booted him out ..his debt is his debt and if he was to become an ipswich player why would we sort his debts? Absolutely stupid statement in my opinion.

Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:28 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

I agree with you actually. There seems to be quite a bit of bullshit rumours and chinese whispers on here

OK the BOTH of you,Wheres the Chinese Whispers Bridgend Bluebird or what ever yr real name is ? Disprove what I have said in the original post .

Everything is Fact Below

Chopra when at his best one of my All time best players, Sadly his off the field Activities let him down.

When All the stories came out regarding The players out and Chopra being one of them, incl Chops on the Saturday night Twittering from Bar Soda.
Did Our Club Stand by them and Speak out in their Defence ? No they Never, Because The Club knew they had done wrong.
He is a Heavy Gambler and his gambling and off the pitch activities were starting to affect his playing career, You could all see that for your selves.
Him and DJ were not seeing eye to eye in the end, DJ in my opinion should of sorted him out.

Chops never asked to leave, Chops never asked for a Transfer, Never asked if he could go to Ipswich.
The Malaysians, Decided they wanted to Sell him, The Malaysians wanted him gone, The Malaysians sorted all his debts out before he went, The Malaysians felt his wages were to high, The Malaysians felt it was time for Chops to move on :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:30 pm

ytic wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:

Dont ban me for asking this, but WHY would the malaysians sort out his debts and then sell him?

When we all know ipswich wanted him and we could have booted him out ..his debt is his debt and if he was to become an ipswich player why would we sort his debts? Absolutely stupid statement in my opinion.

To me this is a Snipe, Dont ban me lol

Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:36 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

OK the BOTH of you, Disprove what I have said in the original post .

Everything is Fact Below

The Malaysians, Decided they wanted to Sell him, The Malaysians wanted him gone, The Malaysians sorted all his debts out before he went, The Malaysians felt his wages were to high, The Malaysians felt it was time for Chops to move on :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Im on about the pre boro game mainly. And when you say fact...how do you know? got a source? were you there? Chopra came out, as you know, and rightfully denied these accusations which seemed to be coming from this board (possibly the other board to but didnt check), yes he may be bullshitting, but so could this messageboard, the reason why believe Chopra's word is because nearly everyday you see a new thread that someone saw a player who we've never been linked down the vale or saw him in cardiff bla bla bla, or it could be a player on the piss, which leads to this board being up in arms, and the thread usually starts as "i heard from a reliable source that x is signing for cardiff on a free" you ask for a source "a friend of x" :roll:

its just doing my head in. and i stand by what i said, it may not've disprooved but i got it off my chest so i dont care

Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:39 pm

Bridgendbluebird

Im on about the pre boro game mainly. And when you say fact...how do you know? got a source? were you there? Chopra came out, as you know, and rightfully denied these accusations which seemed to be coming from this board (possibly the other board to but didnt check), yes he may be bullshitting, but so could this messageboard, the reason why believe Chopra's word is because nearly everyday you see a new thread that someone saw a player who we've never been linked down the vale or saw him in cardiff bla bla bla, or it could be a player on the piss, which leads to this board being up in arms, and the thread usually starts as "i heard from a reliable source that x is signing for cardiff on a free" you ask for a source "a friend of x"

its just doing my head in. and i stand by what i said, it may not've disprooved but i got it off my chest so i dont care

Thats up to you, Honestly if its All Chinese whispers and rubbish that you from myself and Carl, You better off not reading what we post in future, No hard feelings.

Chopra Failed Badly last season.like DJ who you all kept blaming me all season, THEN TURNED ON HIM IN THE END lol
So Chops speaks about but does not admit he failed,so once again blame me, your having a laugh.Move on.

Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:40 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Bridgendbluebird

Im on about the pre boro game mainly. And when you say fact...how do you know? got a source? were you there? Chopra came out, as you know, and rightfully denied these accusations which seemed to be coming from this board (possibly the other board to but didnt check), yes he may be bullshitting, but so could this messageboard, the reason why believe Chopra's word is because nearly everyday you see a new thread that someone saw a player who we've never been linked down the vale or saw him in cardiff bla bla bla, or it could be a player on the piss, which leads to this board being up in arms, and the thread usually starts as "i heard from a reliable source that x is signing for cardiff on a free" you ask for a source "a friend of x"

Thats up to you, Honestly if its All Chinese whispers and rubbish that you from myself and Carl, You better off not reading what we post in future, No hard feelings.

not what i meant at all :lol: :lol: :lol: jesus, i meant other posters which have been totally off the mark, and absolute no disrespect to carl but hes been a bit of lately (and fair play to him hes admitted it) now im off out so wont apply for a while. :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:41 pm

Annis its a reasonable question to ask isnt it, strikes me as a rather odd thing to do.

Actually agree with the other points in your post, but paying of his gambling debts when he had one foot out the door...

Think about it..makes zero sense.

Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:44 pm

ytic wrote:Annis its a reasonable question to ask isnt it, strikes me as a rather odd thing to do.

Actually agree with the other points in your post, but paying of his gambling debts when he had one foot out the door...

It was the ban comment that annoyed me.
Your misunderstanding, they took the money back out of what was owed to him at the end. :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:52 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
ytic wrote:Annis its a reasonable question to ask isnt it, strikes me as a rather odd thing to do.

It was the ban comment that annoyed me.
Your misunderstanding, they took the money back out of what was owed to him at the end. :ayatollah:

I got banned for a sarcastic comment last time i waa a member, was my first post, misunderstood humour i guess ;) :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:02 pm

Thanks for that was intresting and nice to know that chops didnt turn his back on us :ayatollah: shame he couldnt resolve his personal demons !