Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Jay Bothroyd comments on Terry Burton "

Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:27 pm

Latest tweet from Jay:

Can't believe ccfc has put Terry burton on gardening leave he is one of the best coaches in the league if not the best !!!!

Re: " Jay Bothroyd comments on Terry Burton "

Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:31 pm

Ask him if he read that on the message board? ;)

Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:33 pm

Merlin wrote:Ask him if he read that on the message board? ;)

:lol: :lol:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:33 pm

Shame Jay didnt bother playing for him then :evil:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:34 pm

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:Shame Jay didnt bother playing for him then :evil:

Spot on John :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:44 pm

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:Shame Jay didnt bother playing for him then :evil:

This exactly.

Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:46 pm

Why his he commenting on something that dosen't concern him , JAY your not a cardiff player anymore you would'nt sign a contract remember so F**K OFF

Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:47 pm

Good to know that the players rate him mind

Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:49 pm

delmbox wrote:Good to know that the players rate him mind

Christ, imagine how bad they'd have been if they didn't!!

Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:50 pm

Surely if he was that good MM would have kept him on

Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:58 pm

Mayonaise wrote:Why his he commenting on something that dosen't concern him , JAY your not a cardiff player anymore you would'nt sign a contract remember so F**K OFF

I know im being picky but he is for another day and a bit :)

Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:01 pm

Move on Jay !

Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:03 pm

TH63 wrote:
delmbox wrote:Good to know that the players rate him mind

Christ, imagine how bad they'd have been if they didn't!!

Fair point :lol:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:06 pm

Jay Bothroyd - The so called player who wanted city in the premiership but drove his drunken on loan mates around at 3am on the piss! :roll:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:50 pm

To @ The_Alien aka mark symonds

@jaybothroyd I suggest you look after that one England cap you got because its the only one you'll ever get.

Take a bow son :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:27 pm

Maybe whilst Terry's on gardening leave he can see if he can find a cure for Bothroyd's cauliflower arse!

Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:43 pm

some of you need to open your eyes, ok bothroyd had flaws on the pitch/attitude

but at the end of the day he was and still is one of the most talented strickers in the championship, he dident go out and get pissed before games and he wasent a big drinker or gambler.

i cant remember the exact figures but bothroyd contract was considerble low nearly half of chopra's and our club offerd him 1k increase a week, he served out his contract and owes us nothing he gave us more in goals/assists than his contract was werth.

he obviously likes playing for cardiff, but it is a carrear at least let him shop round and if a club blows his contract here out of the water then fair enough its just like a promotion at work for him.

Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:15 pm

carpet20 wrote:some of you need to open your eyes, ok bothroyd had flaws on the pitch/attitude

but at the end of the day he was and still is one of the most talented strickers in the championship, he dident go out and get pissed before games and he wasent a big drinker or gambler.

i cant remember the exact figures but bothroyd contract was considerble low nearly half of chopra's and our club offerd him 1k increase a week, he served out his contract and owes us nothing he gave us more in goals/assists than his contract was werth.

he obviously likes playing for cardiff, but it is a carrear at least let him shop round and if a club blows his contract here out of the water then fair enough its just like a promotion at work for him.

I agree with you on this and its obvious from his twitter comments hes reading this board today.

Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:45 pm

carpet20 wrote:some of you need to open your eyes, ok bothroyd had flaws on the pitch/attitude

Agree with most of that - although I am past the point where I believe anyone quoting player wages. I have seen at least 7 posters giving totally differnet figures for Chops' wages last year - everything from £9k to £25k - all of them different and all of them with 100% confidence. I suppose there is a remote chance someone will get it right one day.

Anyway - Jay was one of the most talented players ever to pull on a Cardiff City shirt - and despite falling over too much I will miss him, and enjoy most of the memories of what he did on the pitch for us.

If he is reading this MB - there are 24,000 regulars at the CCS, there are about 300-400 regular contributors to the 2 main City messageboards, and there are at most a few dozen who are wetting themselves to rubbish Jay. I have no evidence for this at all, but I am totally convinced that the vast majority of fans would love to see Jay back next season - even though that will not happen.

Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:47 pm

Jay's having a rant... :D I quote from Jay's twitter

Not speaking about Cardiff anymore let's see what happen , I really enjoyed my time at Cardiff but obviously fans didn't appreciate .

Haha Cardiff fans have short memory.

I love the way the welsh people underestimate me just like they did when I joined Cardiff that's ok though.

-----------------

I think Coventry, Wolves ...... fans also underestimated him?

I'm going off him fast!

Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:07 pm

If he was on the pop all night and was a heavy drinker then he would have a excuse on why he would sit on his arse all game :lol: :lol: