Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Please read notes first. Do you agree with Carl's Updates ?

You may select 1 option

View results

" Carl's Updates /Gossips POLL "

Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:51 pm

1/ Do you enjoy reading them ?
2/ Do you think they are damaging to Cardiff City ?

Please feel free to leave a comment on either way you feel !! but i will be insistent on it being abuse free. Any abusive posts WILL be removed and if it removes your vote so be it. but i would like everyone to vote please either way. Let the people decide one way or another.

Re: Carl's updates /Gossips POLL

Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:00 pm

I actually think this will be a slightly biased vote because the majority of the board will vote in favour of updates. It's only a minority of posters (some from mmb) that usually oppose it. I shall vote in favour myself though mate. :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:01 pm

I can't think of any good reason to have a problem with them.

The way I see it, some people are just jealous that there are people who are in a position to have some inside knowledge/at least have a decent guess about what's going on within the club.

If people can't understand that these updates shouldn't be regarded as hard facts then that's their problem.

Re: " Carl's Updates /Gossips POLL "

Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:02 pm

Voted i agree with Carl's updates :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:04 pm

Merlin wrote:I actually think this will be a slightly biased vote because the majority of the board will vote in favour of updates. It's only a minority of posters (some from mmb) that usually oppose it. I shall vote in favour myself though mate. :ayatollah:

Should not be biased in any way Craig. You either agree or don't and TBH the only one's that read them is members of this Board. So we are the only one's that Matter. If you come on just to read his updates then you must like them or are here to cause trouble.

Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:04 pm

f**k it, members only forum.....no matter what is written on here all the divs on ccmb (some are not divs) just rip it to pieces......first of all they were going mad cos Carl does his updates........now they r bitching because he said he wasn't, then on the same thread they are bitching that he is again. They talk about this forum more than anything else at the moment....if they dont like the content why dont they just not come here!!! they wouldnt if its members only!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

rant over...off to bed b4 i go to work 2nite :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:05 pm

Of course I agree. You would have to be mad / crazy (jealous?) not too
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:07 pm

message boards are for communicating with others & thats what carl is doing he is communcicating information he has been given to us!! how can anybody have a pop at him for that!!

Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:09 pm

Good work chief :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:21 pm

Perhaps we should make it you have to be a member to view this site. And is there a way of you have to register with your real name with your Email address. So if there is any abuse then they know they can be contacted.

Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:27 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:1/ Do you enjoy reading them ?
2/ Do you think they are damaging to Cardiff City ?

Please feel free to leave a comment on either way you feel !! but i will be insistent on it being abuse free. Any abusive posts WILL be removed and if it removes your vote so be it. but i would like everyone to vote please either way. Let the people decide one way or another.

I love reading Carls updates and I look forward to them.
They are not damaging to Cardiff City at all IMHO
Keep them coming

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:16 pm

So far a Massive 90% agree with Carl's update. No suprises there then :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:23 pm

I have nothing against anyone posting rumours or snippets of info they may have heard. What is damaging is the source of any info coming from within the club. Clearly a professional organisation should impose strict confidentiality clauses in staff contracts. I can't believe Cardiff staff contracts are any different, so it's disappointing staff within the club appear to be breaching these contractual obligations seemingly with impunity.

It seems in many instances rumours could be deliberately leaked, but it's unclear who if anyone benefits. I run a business myself and would be pissed off to the extreme if any of my staff leaked confidential info, especially relating to finances or contract negotiations. Not on! And someone needs to be brought to task.

I voted in favour of the updates by the way. I just have strong opinions about disloyal staff.

Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:24 pm

Warrior wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:So far a Massive 90% agree with Carl's update. No suprises there then :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I would like to hear from the ones who posted against them ?

Yes reasons would be good :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:28 pm

I have nothing against anyone posting rumours or snippets of info they may have heard. What is damaging is the source of any info coming from within the club. Clearly a professional organisation should impose strict confidentiality clauses in staff contracts. I can't believe Cardiff staff contracts are any different, so it's disappointing staff within the club appear to be breaching these contractual obligations seemingly with impunity.

It seems in many instances rumours could be deliberately leaked, but it's unclear who if anyone benefits. I run a business myself and would be pissed off to the extreme if any of my staff leaked confidential info, especially relating to finances or contract negotiations. Not on! And someone needs to be brought to task.

I voted in favour of the updates by the way. I just have strong opinions about disloyal staff.

Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:31 pm

Blueboo wrote:I have nothing against anyone posting rumours or snippets of info they may have heard. What is damaging is the source of any info coming from within the club. Clearly a professional organisation should impose strict confidentiality clauses in staff contracts. I can't believe Cardiff staff contracts are any different, so it's disappointing staff within the club appear to be breaching these contractual obligations seemingly with impunity.

Bloody hell all that and then you said you voted "Yes" :o :shock: :D :D :D :D

Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:33 pm

I enjoy reading them and take a lot of it with a pinch of salt. The snipers and people having a pop need to chill out and look whats going on in parts of the world. I mean we had info and updates in the 80's through the medium of fanzines. This is just another way of keeping the fans in the loop. Keep it up :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:38 pm

I might disagree with someone inside the club feeding inside info, but I still like hearing the club gossip the same as the next man

Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:38 pm

I have nothing against them (the updates) in principle but when it comes to certain info' that could jeopardise player transfers or potentially have a negative impact on player morale then I think that carl should think long and hard whether to include the 'info' or not.

Hence my posts on both boards about "Knowing a tomato is a fruit but wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

For all i know Carl already wrestles with his conscience over certain things he hears before making it public/or not as the case may be.

Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:42 pm

alfie sherwood wrote:I have nothing against them (the updates) in principle but when it comes to certain info' that could jeopardise player transfers or potentially have a negative impact on player morale then I think that carl should think long and hard whether to include the 'info' or not.

Hence my posts on both boards about "Knowing a tomato is a fruit but wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

For all i know Carl already wrestles with his conscience over certain things he hears before making it public/or not as the case may be.

Its still my opinion that Carl, Annis, Daya, Topcat, know an awful lot more than they put out but don't for the good of Cardiff City FC , Also there sauces have requested that certain info is not passed on.

Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:46 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
alfie sherwood wrote:I have nothing against them (the updates) in principle but when it comes to certain info' that could jeopardise player transfers or potentially have a negative impact on player morale then I think that carl should think long and hard whether to include the 'info' or not.

Its still my opinion that Carl, Annis, Daya, Topcat, know an awful lot more than they put out but don't for the good of Cardiff City FC , Also there sauces have requested that certain info is not passed on.

It is a fine line.

It's also bloody worrying that our club has so many leaks !

Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:58 pm

My only other thought on the subject is that if word gets around amongst footballers generally that CCFC are the sort of club that has a regular gossip column on an internet messageboard based on leaks from people close to/within the club it could potentially deter decent players from joining CCFC. They might very well think "f**k that !"

Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:49 pm

alfie sherwood wrote:My only other thought on the subject is that if word gets around amongst footballers generally that CCFC are the sort of club that has a regular gossip column on an internet messageboard based on leaks from people close to/within the club it could potentially deter decent players from joining CCFC. They might very well think "f**k that !"

Do you think for one second we are the only team that has a message board :?: Take Stan of QPR he is a man in the know within his own club. So we are not alone welcome to the 21st Century

Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:52 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
alfie sherwood wrote:My only other thought on the subject is that if word gets around amongst footballers generally that CCFC are the sort of club that has a regular gossip column on an internet messageboard based on leaks from people close to/within the club it could potentially deter decent players from joining CCFC. They might very well think "f**k that !"

Do you think for one second we are the only team that has a message board :?: Take Stan of QPR he is a man in the know within his own club. So we are not alone welcome to the 21st Century

Of course not mate but how many clubs have a messageboard with a regular section publicising detailed info' leaked from within the football club ?

Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:58 pm

alfie sherwood wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:

Of course not mate but how many clubs have a messageboard with a regular section publicising detailed info' leaked from within the football club ?

Honestly dont know Chief. But i bet nearly all message board has them to an extent :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:41 pm

I voted NO because I like to be a pain in the bum and don't see the point in polls. :D

PS, I do agree with Carl's updates though 100%. :) :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:44 pm

Cardiff_Llandaff_Bluebird wrote:I voted NO because I like to be a pain in the bum and don't see the point in polls. :D

PS, I do agree with Carl's updates though 100%. :) :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Well if you agree with his updates why vote no :?: :?: :?: I have done this poll for a reason and i need honest answers please

Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:49 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
Cardiff_Llandaff_Bluebird wrote:I voted NO because I like to be a pain in the bum and don't see the point in polls. :D

Well if you agree with his updates why vote no :?: :?: :?: I have done this poll for a reason and i need honest answers please

Ok, fair point.. Had a few beers and i'm being silly.

Can you delete one NO vote that I put in and allow me to put a yes vote in its place ?

Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:51 pm

Cardiff_Llandaff_Bluebird wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:

Can you delete one NO vote that I put in and allow me to put a yes vote in its place ?

just click on yes instead :D :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:52 pm

Cardiff_Llandaff_Bluebird wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:

Just revote Chief. It allows you to change your vote. Reclick on yes :ayatollah: