Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Can we ban......

Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:20 pm

...all posts that start with look what so and so just posted on CCMB. it'll keep thi splace civil and keep the debates interesting so they don't get deleted after a lot of time has been put into them by posters on here.

I think they should be deleted immediatley, unless it's a positive link of course stating they have a point or the discussion is a good one

Re: Can we ban......

Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:28 pm

They are deleted as far as I'm aware

Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:30 pm

Cool, thought I hadn't seen one for a while, just thought it had stopped

Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:31 pm

Us moderators are stepping up the game to keep it more friendly and Idiot-free :ayatollah:

P.S. sometimes we will miss a few posts too, as we can't always be pinned to our screens - so please click on the "REPORT POST" tag at the top of any post you feel is not needed on our forum. ;)

Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:43 pm

Nicesocks wrote:...all posts that start with look what so and so just posted on CCMB. it'll keep thi splace civil and keep the debates interesting so they don't get deleted after a lot of time has been put into them by posters on here.

I think they should be deleted immediatley, unless it's a positive link of course stating they have a point or the discussion is a good one

That my friend is as good as dictatorship to me, and id lose interest knowing that im being forced to read what the admin and mods want me to read, not what the people out there want to say. Annis and Co do a good job, they even let the odd annoying Swansea thread to come through....its what keeps the forum from stagnating, life isn't all positive.

Everyone just needs to chill out and put things in perspective. Funny reading the drama queens threads though. :lol:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:45 pm

baseboy007 wrote:
Nicesocks wrote:...all posts that start with look what so and so just posted on CCMB. it'll keep thi splace civil and keep the debates interesting so they don't get deleted after a lot of time has been put into them by posters on here.

That my friend is as good as dictatorship to me, and id lose interest knowing that im being forced to read what the admin and mods want me to read, not what the people out there want to say. Annis and Co do a good job, they even let the odd annoying Swansea thread to come through....its what keeps the forum from stagnating, life isn't all positive.

Everyone just needs to chill out and put things in perspective. Funny reading the drama queens threads though. :lol:

So how exactly do "tossers on CCMB posted..." threads help?

Just remove those shit stirring threads and ignore the idiots. A lack of reaction would upset them more...

Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:51 pm

nerd wrote:
baseboy007 wrote:

So how exactly do "tossers on CCMB posted..." threads help?

Just remove those shit stirring threads and ignore the idiots. A lack of reaction would upset them more...

How do they damage? Build a bridge and go over it, turn a blind eye....its not going to mentally ruin me forever. :lol: As I say, put it in perspective. So many uptight/overly serious people on here.

Let posters slag off CCMB and vice versa...sooo what! I come here for Cardiff City and the odd chat, and that's what I get. I don't find snipers and others of that type tiresome at all, I just choose to move on to the next thread. Happy days for me.

Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:11 pm

baseboy, It's not worth the hassle, it always seems to get out of control and then the snipes to into insults and personal remarks, which are uncalled for. So it's easier to prevent that problem from happening by deleting or locking before it gets to that stage.

Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Merlin wrote:baseboy, It's not worth the hassle, it always seems to get out of control and then the snipes to into insults and personal remarks, which are uncalled for. So it's easier to prevent that problem from happening by deleting or locking before it gets to that stage.

They need some student or unemployed mods on here, who can monitor the waters continuously between 9-5 to stop these threads evolving into monsters in that case. :lol:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:36 pm

baseboy007 wrote:How do they damage? Build a bridge and go over it, turn a blind eye....its not going to mentally ruin me forever. :lol: As I say, put it in perspective. So many uptight/overly serious people on here.

Let posters slag off CCMB and vice versa...sooo what! I come here for Cardiff City and the odd chat, and that's what I get. I don't find snipers and others of that type tiresome at all, I just choose to move on to the next thread. Happy days for me.

How do they damage? Some here feel they need to respond. Then the mugs who posted originally to get a reaction post back on their main board about how evil here is, gain agreement, more posts then created...

It's a cycle of epic dumbness.

Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:48 pm

nerd wrote:
baseboy007 wrote:How do they damage? Build a bridge and go over it, turn a blind eye....its not going to mentally ruin me forever. :lol: As I say, put it in perspective. So many uptight/overly serious people on here.

How do they damage? Some here feel they need to respond. Then the mugs who posted originally to get a reaction post back on their main board about how evil here is, gain agreement, more posts then created...

It's a cycle of epic dumbness.

I agree, on reflection my point was that sharing a comment about these individuals, as we are now, only helps to intensify that atmosphere so many don't want. You will have people like that, so we need to just move on and give them less attention also. :ayatollah: