Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " LATEST ON TRANSFERS "

Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:47 pm

Latest news - we got a long wait to sign anyone by the sounds of it :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:54 pm

stickywicket wrote:lets hope theres a lot more going on behind the scenes.
we need 4 midfield players and 2 strikers at least. :old:

We need another 10 or so players for now, and we will still have a pretty small squad, As with the Goodwillie case, I would love to see him here, but I believe we should forget about him and move on and find someone else on par with him. These cases against him looks as if they will go on and on.

Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:51 pm

cheers carl,much appreciated :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:14 pm

nice one fella :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:36 pm

I just hope whoever we bring in it's sooner rather than later cos I felt we wasted too much time in sacking Dave Jones and appointing his successor in Malky Mackay when we could of had someone in the job recruiting players a lot sooner than what has happened. So far though I'm happy with the Craig Conway signing and the other players we've been linked with and think Mackay is building a steady squad not relying too heavily on loan signings instead favouring getting players in permanately which is harks back to the Cardiff City of old, especially during the Sam Hammam era where we rarely took players on loan. I understand the downside of that though where many were signed on big wages and contracts but I doubt as a club we'd let that happen again and think them days were a lesson learned.

Lets hope Mackay is able to build a good strong squad for next season and we give it a good go at trying to gain promotion, for me Earnie and Goodwillie would be most welcome as would Aron Gunnarsson but I'd give up trying to recruit Craig Bellamy again as I personally feel he could cost us a lot of money that potentially we don't have especially if we don't gain promotion this coming season.

In Malky we trust BLUEBIRDS :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:51 am

the key signing will be the centre midfield, if we can get a creative mid who can link up with the attack and a defensive work horse this will make our season..

i hope we have funds available to strengthen this part of the squad as i dont see many quality free centre mids left.

i think we will def see more action in the transfer market from all clubs in the next coming week..

Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:14 am

right im really worried now, is that all we are actually linked to???

i mean goodwillie we all know, and well if the court case goes against us who else have we got lined up?

Taylor has 3 clubs to choose from so that really is a coin toss

and earnie were not even sure malkay wants !!

if goodwillie goes to jail doesnt seem malkay has a plan B yet... De ja vu??

we should be closely linked with alot more by now not 3 risky ones !! very worried

Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:37 am

jezzy666 wrote:right im really worried now, is that all we are actually linked to???

i mean goodwillie we all know, and well if the court case goes against us who else have we got lined up?

Taylor has 3 clubs to choose from so that really is a coin toss

and earnie were not even sure malkay wants !!

if goodwillie goes to jail doesnt seem malkay has a plan B yet... De ja vu??

we should be closely linked with alot more by now not 3 risky ones !! very worried

So you think Mackay only has 3 players on his wish list do you ???

All managers are in exactly the same position. They don't have exclusive rights to sign an individual, so they'll go for their number 1 targets, and if it doesn't work out will move on and go elsewhere. If someone is worth bringing in, then there's bound to be interest from other clubs.

In Goodwillies case, let's just hope the lure of Rangers isn't too great as i see this one slipping away from us.

Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:27 am

im sure his wishlist is bigger, but im worried about the urgency levels, not just in the short term in how we have not even got enough for a starting 11, but the long term where there sooner we get our team together the sooner we gel !!

i just have concerns

Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:22 am

jezzy666 wrote:im sure his wishlist is bigger, but im worried about the urgency levels, not just in the short term in how we have not even got enough for a starting 11, but the long term where there sooner we get our team together the sooner we gel !!

i just have concerns

Jezzy, I'm sure you had concerns when DJ was still here, he went. I'm sure
you had concerns when we had no manager in place. We got Malky. Its
obvious the man had a wish list as long as his arm even when he was at
Watford. One thing I always applauded Jones for was he never liked to talk
about players he was after, until he had them signed up. He was right. If
Malky is the same, then good for him. We're all frustrated, I want to see
ten new players through the door to give us summat to talk about, and I
want them like YESTERDAY!!! :lol: :lol:

We'll just have to be patient.

All is well ;)

Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:28 am

Goodwillie IS in court today
http://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/rolls/sher ... 110630.htm

Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:41 am

no thats Godwillie :lol:

Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:45 am

so it is....my mistake! :lol: ;)

Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:49 am

the courts mistake, just shows how crap and useless the justice system is :lol:

Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:32 am

MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:Thanks for the update Carl.

Much appreciated.

Further to the update, regarding Earnie.

I would love to see Earnshaw in a Cardiff shirt again, I think the lad still has bags of ability and is a class act at this level. It seems clear than Earnie wants to come home to Cardiff but does anyone know if the feelings are mutual, ie that Cardiff are actualy keen on Earnie and that Malky wants him.

Cheers

MFTHWL. :ayatollah:

Anyone? :?:

Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:48 pm

Cheers Carl :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:11 pm

Carl you were right he Never appeared in Court today

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=51850 :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:32 pm

Annis, what Carl actually said was;

"I don't think it has been posted elsewhere that the date for the hearing has been moved, I do not know the date but am told that it is likely to be a week's delay."

but if Carl is right, todays hearing has to be a good thing, the club have nothing to wait for now. It's time for the club to move or lose.

Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:34 pm

Back of the Net wrote:Annis, what Carl actually said was;

"I don't think it has been posted elsewhere that the date for the hearing has been moved, I do not know the date but am told that it is likely to be a week's delay."

but if Carl is right, todays hearing has to be a good thing, the club have nothing to wait for now. It's time for the club to move or lose.

Well now lets hope this is sorted sooner than later :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:05 pm

do you think we will land goodwillie? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:37 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Carl you were right he Never appeared in Court today

He did according to the BBC and been charged with assualt, the case is to be heard next MONTH
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-t ... l-13979701

Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:43 pm

rontom wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Carl you were right he Never appeared in Court today

He did according to the BBC and been charged with assualt, the case is to be heard next MONTH
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-t ... l-13979701

What I meant was his case was in court today but he did not attend

Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:42 pm

even if MM fancies earnie, he's a sub coming on after 60-70 mins for me .... so still need a striker to go with goodie.

could even take a punt on robson-kanu

but as the earlier posts have said, centre mid is where we need to get moving...and quick....

love to think we could get collison (5k a week at whu ?? ffs), any takers for reo-coker yet ?

c'mon Malky - toss us a fish .....