Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" I REALLY THOUGHT WE WOULD HAVE "

Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:56 pm

I REALLY THOUGHT WE WOULD HAVE at Least 2 NEW SIGNINGS by Tomorrow and I think Mackay possibly did as well.
Hmm a bit worrying, But as the saying goes plenty more fish in the sea :ayatollah:

Re: " I REALLY THOUGHT WE WOULD HAVE "

Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:58 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I REALLY THOUGHT WE WOULD HAVE at Least 2 NEW SIGNINGS by Tomorrow and I think Mackay possibly did as well.
Hmm a bit worrying, But as the saying goes plenty more fish in the sea :ayatollah:

i just hope they are working hard to bring in the quality and the right players we need... if it takes abit longer i dont mind.

its when we dont have anyone by this time next month i will be frantic!!

Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:58 pm

If it's a case of players dithering, rather than Tangerine clubs haggling for more money, then they can go stuff themselves. Players hould be biting our 'hands' off to come and join our club now.

It will all fall into place soon though, one way or another.

Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:09 pm

everyones agent fishing for the best deal at the moment, and a lot of competition for players in the championship this year, could be a long close season with a lot of dead ends and a lot of players looking like signing only to sign for someone else, it does worry me that we are a couple of days away from pre season and we have only got parkin up front

Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:26 pm

who were the players you thought we would have signed? :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:55 am

Woody CCFC wrote:who were the players you thought we would have signed? :ayatollah:

Goodwillie/Taylor and Earnie. Looks like I am wrong :cry:

Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:59 am

[url][/url]
streamfeeder wrote:everyones agent fishing for the best deal at the moment, and a lot of competition for players in the championship this year, could be a long close season with a lot of dead ends and a lot of players looking like signing only to sign for someone else, it does worry me that we are a couple of days away from pre season and we have only got parkin up front

Leicester don't seem to be having much of a problem.

Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:04 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Woody CCFC wrote:who were the players you thought we would have signed? :ayatollah:

Goodwillie/Taylor and Earnie. Looks like I am wrong :cry:

We've been here before with " named " players using CCFC for shop windows or springboarding or indeed alerting the SPL Old Firm teams , then we get the stalling tactics and the weekly on going will he or wont he stuff . I would give the players and Clubs involved an ultimatum then move on ...... plenty of fish in the sea as you correctly say :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:05 am

If Earnie wants 10k thats far too much and we need to haggle him down, Goodwillie has a court hearing today so lets see what happens if that ends up ok and we only spoke to Taylor few days ago.....plenty of time yet!!! Have faith :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:08 am

CraigCCFC wrote:If Earnie wants 10k thats far too much and we need to haggle him down, Goodwillie has a court hearing today so lets see what happens if that ends up ok and we only spoke to Taylor few days ago.....plenty of time yet!!! Have faith :ayatollah:

Hasn't his court case been moved BACK a week?

Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:16 am

Forever Blue wrote:I REALLY THOUGHT WE WOULD HAVE at Least 2 NEW SIGNINGS by Tomorrow and I think Mackay possibly did as well.

plenty more fish in the sea that we simply dont seem to be after, seems a bit like malkay wasnt ready for this fast rebuild

Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:37 am

jezzy666 wrote:

plenty more fish in the sea that we simply dont seem to be after, seems a bit like malkay wasnt ready for this fast rebuild

A bit harsh on MM im sure he and GJ are working hard, transfers take time

Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:46 am

I still thinly Taylor will choose Cardiff and sign when his contract expires tomorrow. I found this tweet from a football agent (probably his agent bu the nature of the tweets, he seems to know what's going on).

This was his response to a question about Taylor from a Bristol City fan...

RT @FootballAgent46: yeh you guys met him but big offer from Cardiff

Can't read into that too much, but surely its good news? Just wait and see how his Boro negotiations go, but by all accounts theyre gonna offer him a lot less.

Also as I posted previously, the journalist from the northern echo believes he will choose Cardiff because of the Malky factor!

Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:07 am

I understand exactly where your coming from with this Annis but I think we all know GJ & MM will be working long hours at the moment trying to get these deals tied up.

I believe that with clubs returning to pre season together with the Bosman players contracts due to expire today that will speed up the process because both agents and players will want to get deals completed.

Goodwillie and Bellamy are different propositions both are still in contract and both their clubs want the best possible fees for their players. In Goodwillies case Dundee Utd may try to string things out until they have played the Europa League Qualification match because winning through will mean alot of money to a club without apot to piss in. Bellamy because of his wages is a bigger problem for Man City they want him off their wage bill and Craig has told them he will only sign for Cardiff and as Vintage has said this morning Bellamy gets want he wants so we just need to wait on that one.

Earnie I don't understand as I thought he would be a shoe in here but it looks like the club is not that interested because that deal could have been settled very quickly. All reports suggest we have made the best offer to Andrew Taylor so hopefully today or tomorrow will see the end to that one.

One thing we can be certain of is that there will be a number of other players probably young players currently under contract with other clubs who will become targets now players are returning for pre season.

I still feel very positive about next season although I agree it is always concerning when the club has such a big rebuilding job to be done but as MM said at his appointment press conference that also brings with it opportunities.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:43 am

Could the delay be down to the fact that players and team staff from around the country are on holidays? Perhaps things will get lively in the next few days??

Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:03 pm

wa annis you think these palyers wont sign :( :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:08 pm

bluebirdsmad123 wrote:wa annis you think these palyers wont sign :( :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

No I just believe this is going to drag on longer than we had all hoped :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:09 pm

oh taylor is contract his up tmoz init so maybe we will sign him? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:10 pm

castleblue wrote:

I understand exactly where your coming from with this Annis but I think we all know GJ & MM will be working long hours at the moment trying to get these deals tied up.

I believe that with clubs returning to pre season together with the Bosman players contracts due to expire today that will speed up the process because both agents and players will want to get deals completed.

Goodwillie and Bellamy are different propositions both are still in contract and both their clubs want the best possible fees for their players. In Goodwillies case Dundee Utd may try to string things out until they have played the Europa League Qualification match because winning through will mean alot of money to a club without apot to piss in. Bellamy because of his wages is a bigger problem for Man City they want him off their wage bill and Craig has told them he will only sign for Cardiff and as Vintage has said this morning Bellamy gets want he wants so we just need to wait on that one.

Earnie I don't understand as I thought he would be a shoe in here but it looks like the club is not that interested because that deal could have been settled very quickly. All reports suggest we have made the best offer to Andrew Taylor so hopefully today or tomorrow will see the end to that one.

One thing we can be certain of is that there will be a number of other players probably young players currently under contract with other clubs who will become targets now players are returning for pre season.

I still feel very positive about next season although I agree it is always concerning when the club has such a big rebuilding job to be done but as MM said at his appointment press conference that also brings with it opportunities.

Gary, Malcky and Gethin are working 24/7 trying to bring new players in,Our Fans must be patient. I also thought Earnie would of been signed up , like you I believe Malky will get us some good players befoe the season starts :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:22 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
castleblue wrote:

Gary, Malcky and Gethin are working 24/7 trying to bring new players in,Our Fans must be patient. I also thought Earnie would of been signed up , like you I believe Malky will get us some good players befoe the season starts :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

as i have said on numerous occassions players contracts do not expire until june 30th at midnight.
after that they are still entitled to another months wages.
if you sign a player prior to the 30th of june deadline you automatically start paying his wages.
thats why you have seen very little movement by any clubs in the transfer market.
a little more patience is required because starting tomorrow things will begin to happen and in the next 10 days i anticipate we will do most of our signing of players probably followed by a couple of loanee's towards the end of august