Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Private sector V Public sector

Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:08 pm

Someone is board :lol: :lol: :lol:

PUBLIC SECTOR

Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:26 am

Midfield general wrote:Which side do you support..?

BOTH!!

Each is different to the other and have different needs and agreements....

Private Sector is (generally) about PROFIT

Public Sector is (generally) about SERVICE

The trouble starts when people (and Government) try to align the two and gauge the pulic sector on 'profitability' which just ain't right....

Never the twain shall meet....

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:26 am

Public....

Working just to make someone rich is just :(

Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:02 am

Anarch0 wrote:Public....

Unfortunately that has to happen to have a public sector.

Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:54 am

Sven Ghali wrote:

BOTH!!

Each is different to the other and have different needs and agreements....

Private Sector is (generally) about PROFIT

Public Sector is (generally) about SERVICE

The trouble starts when people (and Government) try to align the two and gauge the pulic sector on 'profitability' which just ain't right....

This. I also support the strikes today.
Never the twain shall meet....

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:30 am

You have fallen for the the governments tactics. They want them at each others throats when that is not what it's about.

The private sector makes the country affluent and the public sector supports their efforts. The private sector benefit when the going is good but suffer at times like this. The public sector just trundles along but is biting back now when their only career benefit is being slashed.

Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:46 am

i work in private sector, my wife works for prison service public sector, the differences are crazy...

with my company im expected to work overtime, with no pay just time back , which i can never take. Never ever had a lunch break in my life and never finish on time at 530... this would be totally unacceptable in the public sector but private companies seem to get away with it..

however with my wife they are now asking her to pay in an additonal 78 quid a month to her pension, but receive 30% less . she must now retire later and providing she lives xxx after retiring she will be worse off by over 150k... thats a joke...

Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:55 am

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:i work in private sector, my wife works for prison service public sector, the differences are crazy...

with my company im expected to work overtime, with no pay just time back , which i can never take. Never ever had a lunch break in my life and never finish on time at 530... this would be totally unacceptable in the public sector but private companies seem to get away with it..

however with my wife they are now asking her to pay in an additonal 78 quid a month to her pension, but receive 30% less . she must now retire later and providing she lives xxx after retiring she will be worse off by over 150k... thats a joke...

This is the argument the government want us to have.

The private sector work hard to pay for the public sector. When in fact the public sector support the private sector knowing they will not get the benefits when times are good but don't expect to be blamed when things go wrong in the private sector.

Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:20 am

Private sector to win bt TKO :roll:

Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:27 pm

Midfield general wrote:
Anarch0 wrote:Public....

Can't you just work to make yourself rich then..? :roll:

Serving society > Working just to make someone rich....