Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Todays Echo: Chopra: The Truth about Him and City

Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:54 pm

I dont know if im late to post this but i expect most of you have read Todays South Wales Echo:

Michael Chopra lifted the lid on his controversial final months at Cardiff City Insisting he wants the Bluebirds supporters to know the truth.

* He says he was not out drinkingbefore the Bora game.
* He was hurt and upset at allegations which were untrue.
* He Was Sick of all the abuse he had to take.
* Last season was not his best due to injury.
* There was no unrest at the club or in the dressing room.
* He didnt want to leave the club on a free just like Jay Bothroyd and Joe Ledley
* Hes know exited about the new challenge at Ipswich
* He wants Cardiff Fans to Love him and respect him for what he tried to do at The Mighty Bluebirds.

imo i still think its a bad move that Michael Chopra has left Cardiff for that fee without that appointment of Malky Makkay i dont think you can sign another quality striker for that money at Championship level however i do hope im wrong. He scored some g8 important goals for us but When he scored that winner against Swansea City instantly in my eyes made him a Superhero anyways :lol: I just hope Chopra doesnt come back to haunt us when he plays in the Ipswich colours this season :ayatollah:

Re: Todays Echo: Chopra: The Truth about Him and City

Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:07 pm

Long live Chopra :lol: :lol:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:27 pm

Chopra is a has been

Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:26 am

Nuclearblue wrote:Chopra is a has been

I hope he comes down here and sticks 3 on us and scores more than all our strikers put together, for the likes of people writing him off.
he would of come back a different player, and was only out so much due to injury enjoying himself

Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:19 am

ccfc_cotta wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:Chopra is a has been

I hope he comes down here and sticks 3 on us and scores more than all our strikers put together, for the likes of people writing him off.
he would of come back a different player, and was only out so much due to injury enjoying himself

He's a professional athlete, ffs.

If you're out injured, the one thing that hampers recovery rate is going out on the piss.

Not difficult to understand.

Hoping he scores heavily against us, that our strikers underperform? Some fan...

Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:25 am

I think that he was got rid of purely because he was a high earner, which is no bad thing imo. His wages were ridiculous for someone in this division. But I think that there is also an element of covering his arse. He's a player who likes to be loved and he's worried that maybe he'll get booed when he returns with Ipswich. Personally, I am thankful that he was here but in other ways, thankful that a player earning so much is off the wage bill. We need a more realistic wage structure at the club to move forward