Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

CCMB views

Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:44 pm

taken from ccmb

It has gone beyond a joke now. I stated six months or so ago that there was the potential to cause a big rift within the club and it is happening.

Annis is a businessman, first and foremost. His business, like many others, is providing a standard of living for his family. To do this he writes (pRobabLy) books lauding the glory years of when we were top of division one in the hooligan stakes. Now, whether people choose to buy them or read them is their own choice. Nostalgia? Egoism? It matters not. From the bottom of my heart I genuinely do not care whether you use capital letters in the wrong place or colour outside the lines. He makes more money from selling books than any of us here so good luck to him. Booker Prize is a long way off but it keeps the kids in sweets and bikes.

What does matter and has done for some time is that these updates have caused damage. Huge damage. To pretend they do not is short sighted. Lets look at the FACTS.

(1) The ex manager of the club has said they were unsettling.
(2) At a crucial stage of the season, the 'star' striker became involved in a slanging match over twitter as a result of some of the bullshit in there.
(3) An ex striker has today released a statement in a local paper when his club is based three hundred miles away, and mentions these 'rumours'. Why bother unless there was a genuine reason to get his side of the story across.
(4) Do you think that Chopra, Bothroyd et al will not be critical of Cardiff City when they talk to other players who may be considering a move here?
(5) Whether we choose to read an update is our choice. However, when the update is regurgitated in the local rag as 'news' it is taken on board by a lot more people than frequent the two boards. When the author of the updates is then lauded as the FaNs LeAdEr, it just attracts more people to the site. The winner? That's right, the authiors friend who is also an author. Our very own Byron and Keats.
(6) Ten things wrong and I'll give you a hundred that are right. OK, (1) James Vaughan (2) Steve Howard (3) Shearer signing a contract and then turning down the job (4) Getting a call from in the office during the Shearer interview. (5) Sam being allowed back in to the club in 'some capacity' (6) Earnie signing on Monday (7) Langstons (8) Abramovich leaving Chelsea (9) Jones to West Ham (10) Shay Given

Those who cannot see through this are living in a dream world.

Then there is the sinister side. Attacks on the trust and members of it. Providing a soapbox for the poisonous pine salesman, Ironic that a man who makes a living out of wood should be made of it too eh Pinocchio? The anti Gethin Jones stance. The pro Sam Hammam campaign.

The levels of hypocrisy are dazzling too. If you did not follow Cardiff to fight Chesters mob in 1452 you are not a real fan. The irony in the fans leader only supporting the club from this millenium is lost on the masses there.

As for the offers to meet in the Ninian? If it is all the same most people would not take the risk. It is why they tend to stay out of trouble at football matches and why they are not on the receiving end of banning orders.

We all have a right to vent our frustrations when the players play badly. We do have a right to know how much money the club turns over each year. We do not have the right to know what they do in their private lives. Imagine if you had a bad day in the office and the next thing it was being 'rumoured' you had been having an affair, you were a pisshead, a druggie, a degenerate gambler. Would you be keen to go into work the next day? If it was true I would be deeply embarrassed. False and I would be seething.

Annis, you may have shares in the club, you may have been going to the City for as long as I have been alive but you are no more a fan of the club than my nine year old daughter. In some ways, you are far less.

Opinions ?

Re: CCMB views

Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:52 pm

WELCOME :ayatollah: My question to you is why do your mates from your board come over here for a snip :?:

I SAY THIS AS IT HAS BEEN TAKEN FROM THE OTHER BOARD - AND YOU ARE THE CHOSEN ONE WHO HAS POSTED IT :ayatollah:

Your points have been NOTED - Cheers :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:56 pm

look read the update if you want but if you dont want to then dont! .... tell me something ... at work we get told things from people in the know and then for some reason they dont turn out like told! ... life is unpredictable and whats what one day turns into something completely different the next! thats life!

Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:07 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:WELCOME :ayatollah: My question to you is why do your mates from your board come over here for a snip :?:

I SAY THIS AS IT HAS BEEN TAKEN FROM THE OTHER BOARD - AND YOU ARE THE CHOSEN ONE WHO HAS POSTED IT :ayatollah:

cheers for being so understanding. i think its brought out of frustration as so many over there differ the opinions and strongly differ the updates

Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:11 am

Too easy to pick holes with the statement all the way through, so I'll not bother reacting to this one....

Except to say, of course, that I agree totally with the 'sinister pine merchant' comments....

The West Am (not a spelling mistake :lol: ) supporting multi-faced trouble-maker is beyond a joke now!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:17 am

bluebird - i welcome peoples views,how do you think it made me feel when these Chops stories came out on here :oops:

Was it right for Carl to post these or not :?: This messageboard want to know what is going on at our club.
Even if i did'nt enjoy reading what was happening to a player who i spent almost 2 months on here as his Defence Lawyer.

Where i draw the line is when views - become insults to both Carl and Annis :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:10 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:bluebird - i welcome peoples views,how do you think it made me feel when these Chops stories came out on here :oops:

Was it right for Carl to post these or not :?: This messageboard want to know what is going on at our club.
Even if i did'nt enjoy reading what was happening to a player who i spent almost 2 months on here as his Defence Lawyer.

Where i draw the line is when views - become insults to both Carl and Annis :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Dont think anybody can criticise the updates and transfer speculation ect, its what fans want to know, some of it will be bang on some of it not cant criticise carl or annis or whoever else posts speculation.

But surely there are things we dont need to know, private and personal matters about players.
Some matters need to stay in the club, yes its fun to talk about it online but when it reaches national press it needs to stop...

Anyway the way its been going with updates lately it looks like the info river is drying up.

Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:19 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:bluebird - i welcome peoples views,how do you think it made me feel when these Chops stories came out on here :oops:

IMO carl shouldnt have posted about chops. how would you or anyone for that matter of people knew what you were going through or what was happening in your personal life ? i for one wouldnt like it. certain updates i find ok i dont mind the transfers or anything like that but i honestly believe the line should be drawn at personal stuff

Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:59 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:WELCOME :ayatollah: My question to you is why do your mates from your board come over here for a snip :?:

who does vasectomys over here then? :lol:

Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:34 am

Its ALL jealousy from sad individuals ..... so what if Annis is a businessman who makes a few bob , well done to him I say ! As for unsettling the players then years ago when CCFC were shite and had crowds of around 3,000 at Ninian Park you didnt need Twitter to abuse the players coz you could shout from the terrace and they would hear you , so bollocks to big time Charlies like Chopra and Bothroyd coz when the likes of Pat Heard etc had a bad game they f*cking knew it alright :lol: :lol:

Plus the booming voice of Dai Hunt during pre match warms ups " Jason , Jason ...... " :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:58 am

Social networking sites mean anyone's opinion can be heard, like it or not. And, lets face it, this is another form of social networking

Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:14 am

This thread was created as topic for conversation on CCMB if you wish to debate it feel free to do so on CCMB this only adds to the arguing amongst boards so this thread is locked.