Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Bellamy Going to Celtic??????

Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:59 am

Just heard that bellars if on his way north to Celtic. Anyone heard anything on this

Re: Bellamy Going to Celtic??????

Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:06 am

No chance :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:10 am

None of the papers seem to have twigged that he only wants to come to Cardiff, and isn't interested in being anywhere else. They really are clueless!

Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:11 am

Why is every player we are linked with always linked with the "Old Firm"?

Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:13 am

andythomas2 wrote:Just heard that bellars if on his way north to Celtic. Anyone heard anything on this

Where did you hear this from ??

Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:24 am

I wouldn't say their was no chance as someone has posted above. I would say their is a fair chance.

Nothing seems to be getting tied up with Cardiff & Man City, they all apparently know where he wants to go & how much he's on & worth etc so why no progress?

Played at Celtic before & had a very successful spell up there.

Got hero status in a short time & Celtic have the funds & backing to make this happen.

58,000 crowds with approx 45,000 season ticket holders holds a lot of weight.

Would like him to sign for Cardiff as I love the fact of the home town boy representing the club he supports but many on here think its a sure thing for the reasons I've stated above I'm not so sure.

Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:30 am

Problem is that Celtic seem to want him on loan, but can't pay all of his wages, and Man City don't want to be in that situation again because it's a waste of money for them. I don't think he'd be willing to take a wage cut for them as much as he would for Cardiff either.

On top of that, he's out of the country at the moment, so negotiations can't really start yet anyway.