Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

If Jay does read this board....

Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:58 am

two things jay...

1. damn im jealous of your free time :)

2. come back and sign for us, dont let the money tempt you or the minority scare u off. your class and ability can speak for itself.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: If Jay does read this board....

Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:58 am

We can do better than bothroyd :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:00 am

Maybe so but hopefully we can one of our own back if he goes to another club they wont appretiate him like we did

Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:01 am

glammy74 wrote:We can do better than bothroyd :ayatollah:

like who??? and at what price??

i would rather pay jay 15k than spend 2 mill on a new striker then pay him 10 k

Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:03 am

jezzy666 wrote:

like someone who will give 100% every game

Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:05 am

glammy74 wrote:
jezzy666 wrote:

Its easy to criticise...

Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:07 am

tom270790 wrote:
Its easy to criticise...

it's not critising

everyone's entitled to there opinion :roll:

i for one seen bothroyd at his best in parts of the season .. other parts he was useless because he just couldnt be arsed

I just feel we could get someone who would be committed to give 100% every game

Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:09 am

jezzy666 wrote:

Well first of all Jay won't be coming back. He said last night on Twitter he honoured his contract and he can be proud of that. Pretty clear he's saying he's not coming back.

And secondly if we can sign David Goodwillie for £2m and 10k a week it'll be a far better signing that Jay would've been. The kid's one of the hottest properties in the UK. If he'd played in England all his life and was English we'd have to pay 5x the figure we are now.

Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:10 am

glammy74 wrote:We can do better than bothroyd

Really Glam?

Who have you got in mind that is better than Jay, affordable, matches his ability & is available?

Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:11 am

MyNameIsAled wrote:
jezzy666 wrote:

Well first of all Jay won't be coming back. He said last night on Twitter he honoured his contract and he can be proud of that. Pretty clear he's saying he's not coming back.

And secondly if we can sign David Goodwillie for £2m and 10k a week it'll be a far better signing that Jay would've been. The kid's one of the hottest properties in the UK. If he'd played in England all his life and was English we'd have to pay 5x the figure we are now.

yes but he is a completly different player to jay, goodwillie is great but not a replacement to jay at all. completly different player

Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:11 am

True, im 100% signing goodwillie but and theres no questioning his worth but a deal is far from done by the sounds of it

Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:20 am

Stan-QPR wrote:

Really Glam?

Who have you got in mind that is better than Jay, affordable, matches his ability & is available?

stan, i for one cannot doubt jay's potentional its just i wish he could show it 100%

He also wouldnt fit into Malky's team now, as jay is the total opposite on what malky would like

Im not sure there is someone better than jay, because on his day he is unstoppable but i did have so many cursing words on alot of lackluster preformances, and there were many of them

Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:30 am

glammy74 wrote:
Stan-QPR wrote:

Really Glam?

stan, i for one cannot doubt jay's potentional its just i wish he could show it 100%

He also wouldnt fit into Malky's team now, as jay is the total opposite on what malky would like

Im not sure there is someone better than jay, because on his day he is unstoppable but i did have so many cursing words on alot of lackluster preformances, and there were many of them

Fair comments mate. I think Jay would fit into Malky's team as a player with Jay's ability should always be accommodated imo.

I honestly feel if you hadn't been managed by a bollock rubbing statue you would of seen a Jay Bothroyd at his maximum potential ALL of the time. Who could be motivated by a man like DJ?

Back to my original point though mate I can guarantee not many names could be mentioned to replace Jay for ability & the other attributes I mentioned above.

If I'm honest I wasn't a big fan of his but I feel Neil Warnock could really get him playing like a new man. That's if we sign him. If our activity in the transfer market so far is anything to go by we won't be signing him! :lol:

Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:33 am

jezzy666 wrote:

The very LEAST we, or any other football fan should expect from a professional player is 100% EVERY time they put the shirt on, from christmas last season jay hardly broke into a sweat and at times his body language was shocking, he would be no good under malky mackay because he wouldn,t get away with his antics!!!!!!

Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:42 am

cityone wrote:
jezzy666 wrote:

The very LEAST we, or any other football fan should expect from a professional player is 100% EVERY time they put the shirt on, from christmas last season jay hardly broke into a sweat and at times his body language was shocking, he would be no good under malky mackay because he wouldn,t get away with his antics!!!!!!

exactly, he would get away with the antics. malkay wouldnt allowed ti so maybe it is ideal for both to work together to show the best in each other.

also how can anybody say jay wouldnt get into malks team when we dont even have a team. !!! we barely have an 11 !!!

Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:47 am

what has jay done to be called a "big time charlie" he ducked out of one challenge in a game that was lost. i was pissed he didnt go for it but iv got over it now. would love jay back. :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:47 am

glammy74 wrote:
jezzy666 wrote:

yep lets resign the prolific warren feeney :lol:

Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:48 am

Stan-QPR wrote:

Really Glam?

robert earnshaw

Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:49 am

Stan,

How can you go on about Jay's attitude? It's been proven time and time again throughout his career the pouty, sulky Jay remains under the surface. DJ, to his credit, got the best out of him at times, but let's be blunt - the true Jay shone through eventually. Petulant, arguing the toss on the pitch, disappearing from games.

Could we get someone of the same quality for the same money, probably not. Could we get somebody with a better temperament, more committment with slightly lesser skill? Definitely.

Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:50 am

i think my main concern is we are fishing round for players who arnt easily available...goodwillie. when there are players who are available earnie and jay. im not saying there better or more suited but.

beggers cant be choosers and if dont dont stop being fussy we might be left very bare by the start

Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:50 am

Stan-QPR wrote:Fair comments mate. I think Jay would fit into Malky's team as a player with Jay's ability should always be accommodated imo.

I honestly feel if you hadn't been managed by a bollock rubbing statue you would of seen a Jay Bothroyd at his maximum potential ALL of the time. Who could be motivated by a man like DJ?

Back to my original point though mate I can guarantee not many names could be mentioned to replace Jay for ability & the other attributes I mentioned above.

If I'm honest I wasn't a big fan of his but I feel Neil Warnock could really get him playing like a new man. That's if we sign him. If our activity in the transfer market so far is anything to go by we won't be signing him! :lol:

do you honesty think that not giving a shit because he doesnt like the manager is acceptable?

we want players who do it for the fans, never give up regardless of their relationship with the gaffer. jay just gave up last season. fell over every single challenge in a season where we needed him to play to his potential the most. unforgivable really. give me a more hardworking striker with half as much talent any day of the week.