Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

12 players out and 1 player in since early May...emm !

Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:17 am

Not what i think most expected.
I think we need to be looking elsewhere as "no" player on our radar is jumping through loops to join us, and that includes Goodwillie/Bellamy/Taylor/Earnshaw i think we may at best get one of these target, if we are lucky. Its all very very slow :ayatollah: :old: :ayatollah:

Re: 12 players out and 1 player in since early May...emm !

Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:20 am

There 2 months until window closes, we hadnt done any business this time last year, just be patient

Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:58 pm

Our wage bill will be nice and low for a bit anyway. :lol:

Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:15 pm

I think some of the ones that left should not even be called players...........jokers IMO

I will mention no names but lets just say Derby's third choice keeper and the aeroplane is one of the others.

New players will arrive soon hopefully.

In Malky we trust.

Onwards and upwards!!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:49 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:There 2 months until window closes, we hadnt done any business this time last year, just be patient

Thats where we f....d up last season. New players need to gel and go on tour and play friendlies before the seaon starts.

Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:35 pm

canton blue wrote:
CraigCCFC wrote:There 2 months until window closes, we hadnt done any business this time last year, just be patient

Thats where we f....d up last season. New players need to gel and go on tour and play friendlies before the seaon starts.

We fucked up last season cos the manager made too many poor decisions
re: signing players..

A few of them could have played friendlies throughout the summer and
they'd still have been shite!

Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:37 pm

taffyapple wrote:
canton blue wrote:

We fucked up last season cos the manager made too many poor decisions
re: signing players..

A few of them could have played friendlies throughout the summer and
they'd still have been shite!

Spot on Dave :ayatollah:

Lets Get behind Malky and Give him Our Full Suport :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:55 pm

Hi guys,
It is all very well,trying to sign players and not achieving anything.My concern is that,if we are to believe the Malaysian investment in our club,seriously want promotion.We are going to have to spend a lot of money to get the right players in.
Not to be to negtive,I fully expect Malky to surprise us with some very good players,but what we have now is a small squad of players who REALLY under performed last year.
We need the nucleus of a team Goalkeeper,Midfield,and Striker.We have none of these at the moment.So let us not kid ourselves.if the players we have now step out onto the field in August.We will lose all the games.
Whittingham and McPhail are not good enough and have proved that,they will go,i,m sure.
The New Management team will bring in players that will have a good work rate,and want to play for the Jersey.The larger question will be will the Malaysians finance to the level,where we have a good team.that is good enough to challenge the clubs coming down,or the likes of Leicester who are spending.
Wait and See.Isn,t it annoying though.lol

Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:58 pm

Rae
John
Koumas
Olifinjana
Bellamy
E-Thomas
Matthews
Samuel
Chopra
Bothroyd
Burke
Bywater
Brown

They have all left

Bywater and Brown were replacements for our now, two fit GK's. They don't count. Matthews was hardly given a look in and played 8 league games, couple him with JLS as basically one "player" or "position" they have or will be replaced by Taylor. Burke has gone, but we have Conway. Bellamy has gone but hopefully we will get him back. Rae played ten league games and I think a few were as sub, hardly counts. John, doesn't count.

Koumas
Olifinjana
E-Thomas
Chopra
Bothroyd

So really they are the ones that need replacing, if Goodwillie comes in that leaves us really needing 4/5 new players. I always thought the 12 number was inflated, the job is hard don't get me wrong. But I feel, without further losses to sales, it is surmountable in one transfer window, with maybe 2 loans. :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:59 pm

GARYNZ wrote:Hi guys,
It is all very well,trying to sign players and not achieving anything.My concern is that,if we are to believe the Malaysian investment in our club,seriously want promotion.We are going to have to spend a lot of money to get the right players in.
Not to be to negtive,I fully expect Malky to surprise us with some very good players,but what we have now is a small squad of players who REALLY under performed last year.
We need the nucleus of a team Goalkeeper,Midfield,and Striker.We have none of these at the moment.So let us not kid ourselves.if the players we have now step out onto the field in August.We will lose all the games.
Whittingham and McPhail are not good enough and have proved that,they will go,i,m sure.
The New Management team will bring in players that will have a good work rate,and want to play for the Jersey.The larger question will be will the Malaysians finance to the level,where we have a good team.that is good enough to challenge the clubs coming down,or the likes of Leicester who are spending.

We have over a month and in that time a lot can happen, I have Faith in Malky and he will need our full backing and time, he is having to rebuild after DJ's disasters :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:04 pm

We all know we are well short of a full squad right now, so does the manager, so do the board.
It is being addressed, and we will have a bloody good squad by season start.

I think the easiest way to ascertain how 'committed' the new gaffers are is to see who our
manager is. Malky Mackay. Malky strikes me as a feller who doesnt suffer fools gladly..He
took the job on, and i think he did so because both the Club and himself have ambitions
beyond this division..and he has been assured of their backing.

As a footnote.

I'm starting to find the term "The Malaysians" a little bit unsavoury now... its as though
they are some kind of alien lifeforce? Their names are TG and Vincent Tan :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
(This isnt a pop at you mate, ive been doing it myself)

Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:31 pm

Hi guys,
As I said,we have not got a good enough squad now,that was the point.
All I see are two free transfer players and a lot of talk.I NOT NOT TAKE OFFENCE WITH ANYONE by the way,it is only opiions.

/0\

Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:36 pm

Malky must get the right players not the quickest signings.
Any decent player will be keeping his options open at the point.

Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:41 pm

A decent player would sign for us and be done with it,that is my opinion,A player who waits to get the right deal.for example Bothroyd will give you the same on the field. no commitment,and to add to this Bellamy is starting to piss me off to.

Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:46 pm

GARYNZ wrote:A decent player would sign for us and be done with it,that is my opinion,A player who waits to get the right deal.for example Bothroyd will give you the same on the field. no commitment,and to add to this Bellamy is starting to piss me off to.

I don't see how, everyone wants the eat deal available. That might be more money, longer contract or a deal from a higher league. I don't see how that means he is less committed.

Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:52 pm

As I said,we have not got a good enough squad now,that was the point.
All I see are two free transfer players and a lot of talk.I NOT NOT TAKE OFFENCE WITH ANYONE by the way,it is only opiions.

/0\

Nice grammar :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:56 pm

I think it comes down to commitment and not money,surely this club has learnt under Jones that players coming here need to be aware of what this club wants,and I have no doubt in my mind that the players 80% of them that played in our last two home games did not have that commitment.0-3 twice.ffs....like me, most people were ashamed of them.Most will leave,cos if I was Malky,I would insist they watch both games for the full 90 minutes.They were not even trying.Rant over....lol

Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:35 am

RFMH wrote:Rae
John
Koumas
Olifinjana
Bellamy
E-Thomas
Matthews
Samuel
Chopra
Bothroyd
Burke
Bywater
Brown

They have all left

Bywater and Brown were replacements for our now, two fit GK's. They don't count. Matthews was hardly given a look in and played 8 league games, couple him with JLS as basically one "player" or "position" they have or will be replaced by Taylor. Burke has gone, but we have Conway. Bellamy has gone but hopefully we will get him back. Rae played ten league games and I think a few were as sub, hardly counts. John, doesn't count.

Koumas
Olifinjana
E-Thomas
Chopra
Bothroyd

So really they are the ones that need replacing, if Goodwillie comes in that leaves us really needing 4/5 new players. I always thought the 12 number was inflated, the job is hard don't get me wrong. But I feel, without further losses to sales, it is surmountable in one transfer window, with maybe 2 loans. :ayatollah:

Didn't think of it like that in all fairness ! The youngsters will be given a chance this season to I assume !

Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:12 am

So know we have 2 new players and no one has cost us a penny in transfer fees yet.perhaps the management are saving it for two special ones worth 10 million.

Bellamy and Rambo??