Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Dundee Utd fans

Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:43 am

They all seem a great bunch of lads not only those who post on here but also those I have witnessed on their MB, I hope we get Goodie as they all sing his praises and would be happy if we signed him.Therefore can we show them respect and call them Dundee Utd fans as not to confuse them with the other team in their city, it would belike us being called Blues supporters.I shall look out for United next season and hope they do well

Re: Dundee Utd fans

Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:46 am

watch it you might be labelled pedantic :roll:

Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:46 am

Taffs Well Blue wrote:They all seem a great bunch of lads not only those who post on here but also those I have witnessed on their MB, I hope we get Goodie as they all sing his praises and would be happy if we signed him.Therefore can we show them respect and call them Dundee Utd fans as not to confuse them with the other team in their city, it would belike us being called Blues supporters.I shall look out for United next season and hope they do well

Totally agree, can't help liking those Arabs :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:51 am

is this thread serious :lol:

Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:09 pm

marcpccfc wrote:is this thread serious :lol:

:old:

Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:12 pm

Taffs Well Blue wrote:They all seem a great bunch of lads not only those who post on here but also those I have witnessed on their MB, I hope we get Goodie as they all sing his praises and would be happy if we signed him.Therefore can we show them respect and call them Dundee Utd fans as not to confuse them with the other team in their city, it would belike us being called Blues supporters.I shall look out for United next season and hope they do well

cheers mate, will be looking out for cardiff regardless of whether you win Goodies sig, Conway is a legend too ;)

Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:21 pm

CardiffCity_DundeeUtd wrote: cheers mate, will be looking out for cardiff regardless of whether you win Goodies sig, Conway is a legend too ;)

i see a lot of the spl matches so know a fair bit. always liked Conway, very happy with him. Goodwillie would be the icing on the cake.

I hope losing those 2 players doesnt affect you too much as i always enjoy watching you. especially the 3-2 win at ibrox that was magic! i live above a rangers pub and love it when they lose as its nice and quiet!!!!!!

:ayatollah:

Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:25 pm

Cheers mate. Will be adopting The Bluebirds next season myself. It's so good to see our players moving into bigger and better things down South rather than the forces of evil in Glasgow. Conway is and always will be a Utd legend after his heroics in the cup final last year and the fact he turned down the Huns to move south cements this tag. Hopefully Goodie does the same. If u haven't seen his cup final goal then go and find it on YouTube. I swear u will not see a better finish anywhere.

And call it pedantic all ur like but calling us Dundee is like calling Man Utd, Man City or calling Liverpool, Everton, Newcastle, Sunderland or dare I say it Cardiff, Swansea!!!! We are a two team city and the other team, our rivals are called Dundee!!! Shortening us to Dundee like u would with say Newcastle Utd or West Ham Utd just isn't an option and shows a fair amount of disrespect to both Dundee teams.......especially Utd as Dundee are shite haha!!!!!!

All!the best next season, enjoy our cup heroes!!

Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:39 pm

When I was in Magaluf in about 1990 (acid house / rave days) we were hanging around with some lads from Dundee. Mad as hatters they were, whatever drugs were chucked at them they would take and then some, could never get enough. Couldn't understand a word they were saying mind, strong scots accent, especially as we were all worse for wear. Year later me and a few mates were at the G-Mex in Manchester watching the Happy Mondays and we bumped into them again. Chatted for ages mashed up, still couldn't understand a word. Think that was the last I saw of them, maybe not mind, hazy days. Great lads though.

Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:50 pm

f**k them :lol: United conned a penalty out of us in 1995 in the 96th minute and beat us 2-1 at Kilbowie and then me and my mate got chased by a minibus full of the fuckers into a housing scheme in Yoker, thankfully the locals were out in the square sampling the delights of tonic wine and sorted them out :lol: :lol:

Nothing against United actually. Always liked going there, Dundee is a decent day out for an away fan and been there loads with Clydebank and more recently with Aberdeen. Can be tasty as well :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:00 pm

Perhaps we can arrange a friendly with them, like the inexplicable Chasetown love-in some of our fans indulge in